What Are You Doing to Stay Warm During This Freezing Weather?

Activity Forums General Discussion What Are You Doing to Stay Warm During This Freezing Weather?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

kendra
      Participant

Oh.
      My.
      Gosh!

It’s COLD. The coldest it’s been all winter here in Georgia! I know many of my fellow Blog Job friends are experiencing extreme temps, too.
      So what are ya’ll doing to keep warm during this cold weather?

I’m about to break out the trusty ol’ heat blanket! lol.

Oh, and I’ve started wearing TWO jackets when I go out, and pairing fleece lined leggings under my jean! Never had to do this before.

A hoodie underneath a North Face Denali jacket, which are supposed to be warm enough on their on, but boy it don’t do the trick without the extra underneath hoodie these days!

workathomegal
      Participant

My fleece PJ pants have worked wonders. I have worn them under my jeans a few times outside also. I wear those inside and cover up with my fleece blankets. It helps a bit and keep the heat up. Our heat is included in the rent so thankfully no separate bill for that.

kendra
        Participant

I like the way you think! That sounds very cozy.

Dick
      Participant

Would you try eating hot pot?

kendra
        Participant

@Dick… What is hot pot? Very curious.

waflay
      Participant

the coldest season ever recorded in Nairobi Kenya was 10 decrees Celsius, I felt like my breath was being cut short. It was one painful experience for people like I who are used to temperature above 60 decrees on daily basis

kendra
        Participant

@Wayflay:
        Oh my goodness! It sounds painful. That’s pretty close to how the weather has been here. We were used to 50-60 degree weather lately and bam. Now we’re freezing! I hate that feeling of pain that shoots deep into your bones when it’s this cold out. Ick! 🙁

Robert Stukowski
      Participant

Cold and snowy followed by hot and steamy summers. It’s one problem after another.

As for the current cold snap, I’m dealing with it by not going out except when I absolutely have to. Great for getting work done as well!

kendra
        Participant

Robert: Sounds like you have the right idea! Those are some ways to put this weather to good use. I should really find some extra time and use this opportunity to get more knitting & crochet done! That’d make it all worth it. 😉

Oh, and I totally get you on the whole weather extremes. We really do not get enough of the comfortable, “in-between” weather like lovely spring and even fall!

jsnitz08
      Participant

@kendra you’re in Georgia too!! no way. How do you like the snow?

kendra
        Participant

JSnitz: Totally starting to look forward to spring time! Lol. We always get *some* snow in GA, but never this much as far as I remember in my lifetime anyways. Lol. It can be beautiful when everything’s covered in that pretty white fluffy stuff, but ooohhh the piercing cold gets me down a bit. ;/ How about you? Are you loving it or not so much?

jsnitz08
        Participant

@Kendra, the white fluffy stuff is pretty in the backyard, but I don’t like the frigid temps and having to deal with driving in the snow, not to mention everything gets shut down when the snow comes down. Looks like its coming down again pretty hard.

kendra
      Participant

Oh no kidding! The other night, an entire mountain (one I live on!) was shut down around midnight and we were out, unable to get home for a looong time. What a bummer. That was the biggest snow I’ve ever seen! Lol. Had a blast though, but I agree it can put a big damper on living. Lol. It hasn’t fully melted here yet. We have people STILL getting stuck with their vehicles in the muddy snowy mess, especially now that the majority has melted and is making a muddy mess. Lol. My S/O & I have went and pulled people out of it several times now. Last night & tonight we had to go pull the same person out who kept getting stuck in his drive way. Hahaha. Thank God for 4-wheel drive!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.