Using photos in your posts

Activity Forums Writing Content Using photos in your posts

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

crodriguez

I really prefer all of my posts to have photos; I feel like it adds character to my blog. But I don’t have original photos in all for all of my topics so sometimes I use photos found on the Internet. I always include a photo credit with a link to where I found the image. Do you think that is sufficient ?

Admin
      Participant

If your not sure if an image is copyrighted you may want to ask the owner for permission to use it. You could also use search.creativecommons.org to find images that are less likely to be copyrighted.

crodriguez

Thanks for the link! I had never heard of that site before

Admin
      Participant

Sure thing.

Admin
      Participant

Sure you can make blog posts with just photographs, but please understand we may have to deduct points from you account if we feel the rewards system is being taken advantage of.

Pegasus
        Participant

Really? That would be so cool. I would go through the trouble of resizing things. Do you think there will ever be an integrated option available that will help us load any size photo, but it will convert it to the proper acceptable size for the site? I ask because when I do my photography I have huge sized photos. If I am trying to upload a photo from my phone the phone editing software leaves something to be desired

popeyedcookie
      Participant

Thanks all for the tips.

heyimneise
      Participant

I love adding photos to posts. I try to use my own photos but sometimes if I need ones like a book cover I’ll get one from Wikipedia and credit it. I think it makes a blog post when there is photos involved.

May
      Participant

I think adding photos to written words really adds to the appeal of the experience for readers overall. Even with the initial stages of just deciding on whether or not to read the post, the photos really grab attention from the get-go.

vivek190992
      Participant

@shreidan, thanks for the tips. They are truly useful!

ani
      Participant

google now has a new search tool for images that allow you to chose ones that are labled for reuse, reuse for non commercial purposes, reuse with modification and so on.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I love adding photos to my posts. I always add one to the start of each post.

Zacc
      Participant

I recently heard of a photo pragialism checker tool that is used by google blacklist website that do not have original photos. Is this true?
      How would Goolge tell that I took a photo of the same thing eg a building as my friend and we both upload them? Who will be the owner of the photo according to Google?

SadieMarie
      Participant

I agree pictures are worth a thousand words and really makes your blog post stand out. I now use at least one photo per post that I write.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.