Ulcertius Colitius

Activity Forums General Discussion Ulcertius Colitius

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Nana
      Participant

Do you know or have yourself this curable disease?

kendra
      Participant

I don’t know I’ve heard of it, but have heard of something that sounds like it might be similar — ulcerative colitis. I don’t have either of those, though, but have read about ulcerative colitis and feel bad for anyone dealing with it. I suffered with IBS for years & was severely ill, debilitated and had to give up my entire life to be sick on a regular basis. I did get better though! Strangely enough, after surgery (which was actually for the endometriosis) and prescriptions for IBS pain (that made me so drowsy and zombie-like), turned out aloe vera (the plant!) is what healed me! I’m almost totally “normal” now.

Going through years of IBS though, caused me to feel deep empathy for anyone with digestive/bowel/colon and other issues. I was just grateful mine was treatable unlike folks with things like crohn’s, which just sounds like a lifetime of severe pain to me. 🙁

Nana
        Participant

I hjave both the uc ibs and then the crohns so awful these diseases are for sure

gma2-3
      Participant

My sister had ulcerative colitis and chrones! They were aweful for her. She had them when she was in grade school and I think that she still has a flare up every now and then.

kendra
      Participant

Oh my goodness, Nana!!! Bless your heart. That is awful news and I’m so sorry you have to go through the pain those conditions cause. Gosh! I honestly thought I was dying, a teenager literally dying in bed. I couldn’t believe it every single day when I’d wake up. I was so wasted away — IBS & endometriosis became SO painful that food was not do-able for me. A single bite would send me into hysterical pain. Also the IBS was candidiasis-related, so I have to work to keep flare ups away, but have never been so thankful in my life to finally be out of that darkness. The daily pain. Never being able to leave the house for long periods. Gosh. I hate that you have these and are dealing with them. Seriously, my heart goes out to you BIG TIME! How do you get relief? My dr. prescribed me pain meds and crap that made me so zombie-like it was pathetic. I was pathetic. He told me with such neutrality that that would be my life. Nothing could be done, just mask the pain and that I’d never see a change in how sick and unhealthy I was!

I am so glad that I did not give up after hearing that, but searched even harder for a remedy to give me relief. I KNEW there had to be healing for me somewhere out there & I don’t think I’d be alive today had I not found my relief. I hope you too get to find some relief and comfort and get to live a full, happy life. I don’t want to see ANYBODY suffer with issues like Crohn’s or IBS or UC or any of those things. 🙁 Heartbreaking.

Wishing you the very best. You’ll be in my thoughts & prayers.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.