Travel Business + other monetization

Activity Forums Blog Monetization Travel Business + other monetization

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Dick.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Dick
      Participant

Hey guys I would like to find out if I am doing a business website would it be okay to sell advertisement. Would it put off customers

henry
      Participant

I hope you have the account with adsense, You can start off with this first as others follow afterwards.

Dick
      Participant

I could not get my adsense up

kendra
      Participant

I’ll just say this: If the ads you use pop up as soon as readers visit your site — forcing them to find an “X” button to get rid of the pop-up and get onto what they’d hoped to read on your site, it’ll turn them off. I absolutely cannot stand a website that does that, and I’ll go to great lengths to avoid ever going onto any site that has pop-up ads.

Basic rule of thumb: if they’re hard on the eyes, readers will be turned off. I even find the ads placed at the very top of our blogs here at blog job to be a bit distracting and they take away from the post.

Just as long as you aren’t over zealous with placement (meaning keep the ads from totally taking away from your content and try to aim towards making the ads and the content work together), you should do just fine. 😉

Dick
      Participant

Thanks for the advice @kendra, I would like you to take a look at my website when it is done. Give me some pointers.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.