To Rhyme or not to Rhyme

Activity Forums Writing Content To Rhyme or not to Rhyme

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

xunzsam
      Participant

Which one is better rhyming or non-rhyming poems? Though I have written both but I find rhymed ones a bit difficult to keep the flow while writing.

writewithwings
      Participant

I agree with Sean.

Poetry is art
      With rhyme or without
      Poetry is a feeling
      It is slow breathing
      Just to mention
      It can ease tension
      It can bring you a new world
      It can stay solid
      or it can be swirled
      Poetry is love
      Thanks to the topic above 🙂

misty1987
      Participant

I prefer to read poetry that rhymes every other word, I get more joy from reading them. I think they just capture my attenion more and they certainly do for my 3 year old.

Mage
      Participant

love to slam…

love to rhyme.

mcisper
      Participant

Well, it seems three out of four posts are in agreement that it doesn’t matter. The forth tends to favor rhyming. While the fifth oddball post added nothing at all except to perhaps make a post.

I tend to agree with the first three posters in this thread is that it is simply a matter of what makes the writer wish to convey some kind of message or feeling. Whether rhymed or not rhymed. There was a very good point made about if it sounds forced then rhyming may actually be a detriment to the poem itself. So, in a sense it could also boil down to the maturity as well as the education of the writer to be able to rhyme.

Now let me address the one person who preferred poetry to rhyme. That is is awesome for you because it is what you like to see; but I can only hope that you can also appreciate the works of authors who choose not to rhyme.

zemijo
      Participant

I don’t really think it matters wether you rhyme or not. Poetry is poetry. It’s the one form of writing that cannot be incorrect, cannot have errors, and is always perfect, no matter how it’s written. Although that being said, I find myself intrigued when I stumble across a poem with no real pattern or rhythm that has some occasional internal rhyming. It’s different and therefore catches my eye.

heyimneise
      Participant

I love a huge mixture of poetry. I do have to say that it seems pleasant to rhyme but it doesn’t make a none rhyming poem less in anyway.

deepam
      Participant

I write free verse often. I write when am inspired otherwise it would not sound or read good to others and even myself.

angie10
      Participant

I’m not very big on poetry, but each time I find the beauty in it, it’s always because of the way it beautifully rhymes and how the writer makes an art of playing on words. I find that very, very clever.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.