"Themed" Posts

Activity Forums Writing Content "Themed" Posts

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica
      Participant

Does anyone here do a regularly set themed post? For example, book bloggers do themes such as Waiting on Wednesday to post information and covers of upcoming books. I’m sure that other bloggers have their own themes. Have any of you tried doing this? Mostly I’m wondering because I’d like to officially do a weekly theme on my The Creepy Movie Corner where I post trailers, descriptions, and predictions about upcoming movies but I’m not sure how to go about it and I was curious to know how you all handle themed posts.

Atlanta
      Participant

If I fully understand your question, you can do few things:

1. Create a category called “theme”(whatever your theme is)
      2. Create a menu and put your categories in it –that way when you open your blog, people will see each category(check out my online money blog if you want to see how it looks like), and then under that theme category you will have all the blogs about it.
      3. In the end of those posts, let people know it’s a regular category and on which day it usually comes out(if it’s weekly-or how often) –that always helps
      4. You can also add tag with the theme name when you post, that way if anyone presses this tag they will see all posts that include it.

Does any of this help?

Jessica
        Participant

@Atlanta,
        Thanks! I knew there were some key setting up methods involved with creating a themed post that I’d forgotten. I’ll use your recommendation tutorial as a checklist when I set mine up! Also, sorry for the late response.

henry
      Participant

This is new to me, just learnt it from this forum topic.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I don’t do this too much. I try to do a daily gratitude list most days. But other then that I don’t focus on themes.

kendra
      Participant

I have considered something like that, but with my inconsistent posting, it wouldn’t be the best idea! Lol.

kendra
      Participant

Oh, your Creepy Movie Corner idea sounds fantastic! I like that. It’s an attention grabber and something that’ll stick in people’s minds, so great job on that! I think it will do really well if you choose to do that.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I only learned about that here. You must be enjoying the recommendation from above. I should try this but not now as I only know themes when it comes to customizing my blog.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.