The magnifier glass

Activity Forums General Discussion The magnifier glass

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Wherever we see a magnifier glass icon, we obviously think there is some search function happening. Though, I don’t know the reason behind it.

Anyways, the purpose of this form is to find out whether there is a need of having a magnifier glass icon (I mean a search feature) in forums. Please confirm how would be the idea to have search facility in blogjob forums?

gina145
      Participant

If you go to the forums home page, there is a search button. It doesn’t have a magnifier icon though. As far as I can tell that’s the only place you can search the forums from.

@gina145

Actually there is a search button in the beginning but if you look at the forum page, there are multiple categories like “Writing content”; “Blog monetization”; “Website designing” etc.

What about having a search facility for all of these?

gina145
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning The reason there’s only one search button for all the categories is probably to help people who don’t know in which category the discussion they’re looking for was posted.

ptrk12
        Participant

Perhaps adding such an additional feature will be more expensive for those maintaining the site.

TAlberts
      Participant

I donĀ“t think I need a magnifier glass.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I’m not sure what you mean by the magnifier glass? I guess it can be an icon perhaps for the search function?

blueberry
      Participant

I think it’s the icon we are used to since the time of the computers?

Yes @blueberry You are right.

@gina145 Madam, I know that. What I want is in addition to what is already available

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.