Teething

Activity Forums General Discussion Teething

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

cessy08
      Participant

For fellow parents out there, what did you do when your baby/toddler are in the teething phase? My son will turn 2yo soon and I am just happy that it will soon be over!

jkct01
      Participant

My grand daughter is 1.5 years old but she has been okay dealing with teething.

cessy08
      Participant

Wow, lucky parents! I have known of other babies who cry a lot and would have very messy sleep when they are teething. Or some of them also get sick.

The Writing Mama
      Participant

We were very lucky and our son didn’t seem to suffer too much. One of friend’s suggested giving him an Eggo still frozen to gnaw on. That worked really well.

cessy08
      Participant

Wow that is something new to me! Though I’d probably try it with my next child (if ever LOL!). I am also quite lucky with my son since he still sleeps during the night. There are some really bad nights were he wakes up a crying a bit but it is better than no sleep at all.

lejla1311
      Participant

My daughter has five months and she is in the process of teething. I mix one small teaspoon of water with homemade apple cider vinegar, and then I rub her gums with that, and it really helps her. So far we didn’t have any problems.

cessy08
        Participant

@lejla1311: Thanks for sharing this tip. I think this is the first time I came across this one. The common ones are the frozen milk or carrot but my son never liked it. Maybe will try when his second batch of molars comes out (if he is in pain).

kendralala
      Participant

oh, my just started the phase… he is 9 mos today.. I don’t do anything for my teething baby. I just let it come out naturally.

cessy08
        Participant

@kendralala: How is your baby so far? Is he cranky or just his usual self? I realized that babies deal with teething differently.

lejla1311
      Participant

@cessy08 it is an old recipe that my mother used and it is really helpfull.

cessy08
        Participant

@lejla1311: That’s so nice! I guess the problem for me is to create homemade apple cider vinegar! I never tried it. I do have the store-bought ones here at home. Have you tried if it works the same?

lejla1311
      Participant

@cessy08 I am not sure. We only have homemade since my mother is making it. It is better to try with homemade because who knows what they put in those from store. But you can try adding a bit more water. Maybe that will be better.

cessy08
        Participant

@lejla1311: Lucky you! Your Mom knows how to make it homemade 🙂

Maricel
      Participant

My kids never experience that teething my friend.

peachpurple
      Participant

my son is 8 yrs old, he had 2 front teeth off, now growing tiny bumps, 2 lateral teeth off, grew new permanent teeth but crooked because the old milk tooth is blocking the way

cessy08
        Participant

@peachpurple: I guess with older kids they don’t really suffer much from teething anymore because they can tell us if something hurts so we know how to deal with it straight away! Unlike with toddlers, they can’t speak yet so we have to guess what the issue is all about every single time!

lejla1311
      Participant

@cessy08 my mom is all about homemade. She knows a lot of thing to make. Maybe you should search for a recipe online.

cessy08
        Participant

@lejla1311: I think your Mom is my idol now 🙂 I also like to try and do everything homemade. Not everything turns out successful though but I love doing it. I will try to find a recipe online and hopefully I am successful with it 😀

cgalavia
      Participant

My in laws do the herbal thing when teething is about to come.

cessy08
        Participant

@cgalavia: Do you mind sharing what the herbal thing is? 🙂

cgalavia
        Participant

@cessy08 The name of a plant is “angelica”..My inlaws smashed the leaves and I don’t know how they do it after it as they went to the room while doing the thing accompanied by a prayers to my baby.

cessy08
        Participant

@cgalavia: Is it something superstitious in nature, then? I think I haven’t heard of that herb before, though.

cgalavia
        Participant

@cessy08 Perhaps it is.I also don’t know the plant as they are the one to take it or find it when they knew that my baby is teething again. My in-laws are so caring that sometimes I don’t need to worry because they are all there to support us.

cessy08
        Participant

@cgalavia: You are lucky you have a support system around.

cgalavia
        Participant

@cessy08 thank you dear

cessy08
      Participant

@Maricel: Lucky you!

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

When my brother was teething, he was crying all the time. It will be over soon, just accept it is part of the growing period.

cessy08
        Participant

@Grecy Garcia: Yes, it is a phase that every baby must go thru. They need it to eat anyway! It is just there are times it is difficult especially when they just keep on crying when they are in so much pain!

cessy08
      Participant

@glorious1969: Wow, your kid is a biter! My son never liked teethers, too! I don’t know why but he likes to bite any random object he finds. Mostly his toys fall victim to this.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.