Tagging a Member

Activity Forums Help and Support Tagging a Member

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DW Davis DW Davis 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of nakitakona13
    nakitakona13
    Participant

There are members who are using the different names than that of their username and the name displayed on their profile. How to tag them successfully could be done simply. Point the cursor to their name and check the link displayed at the lower left-hand portion of your screen. If they are the same no problem. Just type @ + their name. If different, copy it after @. Another solution is simply typed their name and their username will pop up. Just press enter. And you’re done.

Profile photo of DW Davis
    DW Davis
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I was hoping their was an easier way to tag someone when the names differed than having to go to their profile. I’m going to try it out, @nakitakona13, and see how it works

Profile photo of TAlberts
    TAlberts
    Participant

That麓s a great idea. It麓s hard for me to tag people with the names are hard to pronounce for me.

Profile photo of henry
    henry
    Participant

@dwdavis there is no need going to the profile page. Just point the curser on the users name and check the link appearing on the lower left of the computer screen. It would contain a username. E.g it appears blogjob/members/dwdavis when someone points curser at yours.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of henry henry.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of henry henry.
      Profile photo of DW Davis
      DW Davis
      Participant

Thank you, @henry. Knowing that will make it much easier to tag.

Profile photo of Lee Ka
    Lee Ka
    Participant

What I always do is: right click on the name, then select “Copy Link Location” (FireFox) or “Copy Link Address” (Google Chrome), then paste them in the comment box. Remove the rest, but leave the username, and add with the prefix @.

By doing this, I won’t misspell the username. 馃檪

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.