Superstitious?

Activity Forums General Discussion Superstitious?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

JoDee
      Participant

Since here in the States it’s getting close to Halloween. Some people have a superstition of having a black cat cross your path will bring you bad luck! Are you superstitious? I’m not superstitious, but I believe in wive’s tales!

Maricel
      Participant

I am not that kind of a person who is superstitious

rextrulove

I’ve never met a person who wasn’t superstitious in one way or another, though many don’t realize that they are. As for black cats, they don’t worry me. In fact, I have one and she is a total sweetheart.

Some superstitions are based on fact, though. “Red sky in morning, sailor take warning. Red sky at night, sailor’s delight” is an old saying that is a superstition. However, it is based in fact. Red sky in the morning often gives a hint that a storm is coming in, and a red sky at night can often mean that a high pressure is building that will hold storms at bay for a while.

luciaanna
        Participant

Black cats don’t worry me as well @rextrulove. I had a beautiful black cat some time ago, but she passed away, unfortunately.

Susmitha Anoop
      Participant

I am not that type of person

peachpurple
      Participant

chinese are more superstitious than any other religion

jkct01
      Participant

I am not superstitious but I respect people who are serious in their belief.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.