Superstitions or Traditions

Activity Forums General Discussion Superstitions or Traditions

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Pegasus
      Participant

This is stemming from an ambulance I just heard in the distance. Whenever I hear an ambulance siren I always stop to say a quick prayer for the person that they are going to help because I was always taught that you would want others to do that for you if it was your loved one or yourself inside.

Do you have any sort of superstitions or traditions that you do?

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I make my children say prayers before bed it has been a tradition in my family for many generations and I still do it myself.

SadieMarie
      Participant

Hmm not really just always being well mannered saying please & thank you.

Pegasus
      Participant

we always used to hold our breath going through a tunnel and made a wish on the other side. 🙂

jkct01
      Participant

I think we should always respect whether it is a tradition or superstition.

lejla1311
      Participant

@pegasus that is so cool. I will do that the next time I am in a tunnel 😀 When I see a pregnant woman I touch my button on the pants and make a wish. Thta is our superstition. 😀

peachpurple
      Participant

when there is a funeral held in the neighborhood, we are not supposed to cross or bypass the house, we have to make a big u – turn, get away from it. Then the bad luck will not befall on us. Chinese beliefs

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

I remembered when I was young that we are not allowed to sweep the floor during the evening because we are getting rid/shooing away the luck in the house.

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

I remembered when I was young we were told that we were not allowed to sweep the floor during the evening because we are getting rid of/shooing away the luck in the house.

kendralala
      Participant

Our country is rich in superstitions and beliefs. However, I cannot think straight right now.

This is the first thing that came into my mind.

BRIDES AND GROOMS SHOULD NOT MEET BEFORE THE WEEDING DAY AND SHOULD NOT TRY WEARING THEIR GOWNS AND SUITS BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY. VIOLATING THIS MEANS TRAGEDY.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I have this one that the bride should not fit the gown before the wedding because it will never happen, very not true because a lot of my friends are fitting their wedding gown, of course, you need to fit it so that if it doesn’t fit the tailor can adjust something.

cgalavia
      Participant

I remembered my granny told me not to cut our nails during at night because someone from the Family or relative will die.Of course very not true.I don’t know how these superstitious originated,seems like all are unbelievable.

Omison
      Participant

Not really, but I do pray.

This was a good one, because it made me really think about whether or not I had any.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.