Nana
      Participant

What do you use on a daily basis? White, brown, raw, honey as a sugar

Nana
      Participant

Yes I usually use them all at least once a week

dawnwriter
      Participant

I prefer to avoid sugar as much as I can .I drink black tea and green without sugar and use honey where necessary . Sugar cannot be avoided in baking though.

gina145
      Participant

I don’t use sugar in tea or coffee, but I eat a lot of chocolate. I don’t have any control over the sugar in that, but I’m sure it’s white.

Nana
      Participant

@dawnwriter I have a friend that uses honey to bake with

Nana
      Participant

I am going to bet it’s white also in chocolate

rextrulove

@nana, around here, we use granulated, brown sugar, honey, corn syrup, molasses and stevia; all depending on what the sweetener is being used for. One of the fastest ways to make myself sick, though, is to not eat sugar.

Despite that, I fix a number of diabetic dishes, especially pies, breads and cookies.

Heart
      Participant

brown sugar and honey

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Honey, just used it in my breakfast

Anthony
      Participant

I use white would have love to use honey but unfortunately that’s out of reach for now. Honey is more of unrefined sugar than white and hence the reason I prefer honey

monsterjar03
      Participant

I don’t use sugar on a daily basis. If I use one, it’s the white sugar.

Maricel
      Participant

I prefer brown sugar.

Anthony
        Participant

Oh really, I would love to know the advantages of brown sugar over white if any. I am thinking brown sugar may be better than white

rextrulove

@tpicks, a lot of people don’t know it, but the only difference between white sugar and brown sugar is that brown sugar has molasses added to it. Interestingly, the molasses is refined out when white sugar is processed, so it just amounts to adding it back in. 😀

Anthony
        Participant

Thank you for this intelligent explanation. I have always reason that brown sugar should be more preferable to the white

nakitakona13
      Participant

WE are not drinking any coffee or tea. Only our grandchildren are drinking milk. They are using a brown sugar for their milk. Now I have a supply of an imported honey. I let them use for their milk and bread spread.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.