Snacks while blogging

Activity Forums General Discussion Snacks while blogging

Tagged: ,

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

TAlberts
      Participant

What snacks do you mostly have while blogging? I mostly have peanuts, cashew nuts or hazelnuts. What about you?

jkct01
      Participant

Peanuts, prawn crackers, fruits…

TAlberts
        Participant

Those are also delicious snacks @jkct01 . I have not eaten prwn craackers for ages.

jkct01
        Participant

Sometimes also potato chips, banana chips.. The prawn crackers are the stick ones.

TAlberts
        Participant

I prefer banana chips than potato chips.

jkct01
        Participant

Banana chips are cheaper, compared to potato chips but they each have their own taste.

kendralala
      Participant

I love peanuts and cashew nuts. And while blogging, hemp, I don’t usually have the same thing. Just whatever what is available and near. And at the moment, I have chocolates with me. Wanna have some?

TAlberts
        Participant

Enjoy your chocolate! I don´t have the normal chocolate here but I have 1 marzipan chocolate which only comes when Christmas is approaching.Thanks for reminding me that food.

jkct01
        Participant

Don’t store it too long. It is too precious to waste!

jkct01
        Participant

I like chocolate too (is there anyone who doesn’t like chocolate?)

jkct01
        Participant

For me, it is anything stored in the cabinet that can be eaten – even a bowl of instant noodles.

shaloowalia
      Participant

i don’t snack while blogging but I take a break to have herbal tea.

TAlberts
        Participant

That sounds good too. I think I have to take a break and drink a mug of creamy black PG tea.

jkct01
        Participant

why don’t you blog and drink at the same time?

Karen Fainges
      Participant

You can always have a hot chocolate and get the best of both worlds.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

If you are working on a computer, nothing liquid I hope!

TAlberts
        Participant

I avoid drinking near my laptop. Dangerous!

jkct01
        Participant

I think it is OK just make sure the desk is big enough to place the glass/cup safely away.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Its usually a packet of potato chips, lord help me.

jkct01
        Participant

Has it become a habit?

dawnwriter
      Participant

I love walnuts, peanuts and cashew nuts or a large mug of tea with a chocolate brownie if I know that i will be spending a couple of hours typing away.

ivanna23
      Participant

Woooh! I love snacks like peanuts, some say it helps us think more.
      Most of the time, I don’t have snacks while typing in here. Well, if there is, a bread maybe and a juice ^_^

TAlberts
        Participant

Well, that is what I heard too that eating peanuts is good for thinking. LOL!

jkct01
      Participant

There is a real danger that eating snacks while writing will make me fatter.

TAlberts
        Participant

That is what I think too. Eating peanuts while writing might get me fat because sometimes I have eaten more than I should.

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

Toron (banana and strips of jackfruit wrapped in a crepe and then deep fried)

jkct01
        Participant

It seems interesting. Hope I can taste it one day.

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

Pinaypay (sliced banana in a form of a fan, dipped in a flour mixed with water then deep fried)

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

camote que (deep fried sweet potato in a caramelized sugar then put in a stick)

TAlberts
        Participant

OMG! You are making me hungry with your Toron, pinaypay and jackfruit @yvanne_garcia.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

All of this talk of food is making me hungry too! I didn’t eat breakfast today. I’m too busy here. 🙂 I will be eating lunch in about a half hour.

When I snack and blog I’m most often eating small pretzels with peanut butter in the middle. I buy them from Aldi. The same store is called ‘Hofer’ in Germany.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

The rumour is that celery is a negative calorie. I sort of like the idea that I am snacking and exercising (sort of) at the same time. Probably no true though.

TAlberts
        Participant

Really? I have not heard about that. I can´t stand the smell of celery anyway.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

@thelme55 – I don’t like smell of celery either. Yuck! I almost gag just thinking about it.

Yvanne Garcia
        Participant

have you tried these foods already?

TAlberts
        Participant

Yes, of course. I love those kinds of snacks in our home country. Now you remind me to make Toron. I have to buy banana in the shop today.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

@thelme55 – I’d love to try the foods from the Philippines, especially the fruit that we don’t have here. I wonder if there are any fruits in Germany that I’ve never had? Common fruits here are apples of various kinds, grapes (red, black and green), bananas, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, cherries and a few kinds of melon. I could probably think of a few more, but that’s about it. I’d love to try jackfruit and sapote. I want to go to the Philippines someday. I’d also love to visit Germany. I haven’t been out of my country.

TAlberts
        Participant

Du you have rhubarb there in your country @kimdalessandro? We have that here in Germany. All the fruits you mentioned are common fruits here. Sapote? Do you mean Camote? Camote is the Filipino name of sweet potatoes. We can buy that here as import from Asia. There are plenty of Filipino fruits in the Philippines that maybe you have not heard about. Like Guava, Macopa, Star apple, Carambola, Durian besides Jackfruit and many others. It would be nice if you can go out of your country.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

@thelme55 We have rhubarb. I forgot about that one. I used to grow it when I lived elsewhere. It was in my garden. I made pie and another dessert. It was sour but good when cooked and mixed with sugar. I’m thinking that sapote was also called chocolate pudding fruit, but maybe it was grown in another country, or I’m confused. I’ll have to try and look it up again. I’ve heard that durian isn’t allowed in some hotels. I guess that’s because it has a strong smell? Is that true? All that I know is what I’ve heard on TV. I would like to try it. I’ve had guava juice, and I might have tried canned guava mixed with other fruit. I’ve also had papaya. I had forgotten about that one. I haven’t had macopa, star apple or carambola.

TAlberts
        Participant

@kimdalessandro I don´t like the smell of durian. It has a disgusting smell that is why it´s not allowed in the plane. Most of my friends love durian though. Carambola is also called star fruit and I have the tree in my Philippines garden as well as makopa, papaya and guava. It´s a pity that I am still here in Germany. I miss those fruits. Good night! I´m late again for bed.

jkct01
        Participant

It is the first time I hear negative calorie. Does it mean the more you eat, the slimmer you become? How nice!

ptrk12
      Participant

I have no such preference. At times, I have biscuits, or low salt snacks, or almonds at times.

jkct01
      Participant

I guess the best snacks are fruits.

TAlberts
        Participant

Yes, it is @jkct01. Fruits are very healthy.

jkct01
        Participant

The fruits I always have in my fridge are apples, oranges and pears.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I have peanuts, chocolates and chips while working to keep me awake.

jkct01
        Participant

Can you write when you are sleepy?

TAlberts
        Participant

No, I can´t write when I am sleepy. I have to sleep then.

TAlberts
        Participant

That is not good when you fight against your sleepiness. It will just make you sick. It´s better to sleep and then wake up with a fresh mind @iyanpol12.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@Thelma Alberts thanks for the concern ma’am. I’ll try to avoid that.

TAlberts
      Participant

Yes, we are the same @jordana. Salted peanuts.

jkct01
      Participant

I like fried peanuts with onions.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.