Site Migration Status

Activity Forums News and Updates Site Migration Status

This topic contains 117 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Grecy Garcia 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Sheridan
    Participant

We’re in the process of moving the site to a faster, more secure server. Status updates of the move will be posted here as they occur. We’re currently working on setting up a staging site on the new server. We will then test for functionality and address any issues that may arise. Once everything is running smoothly, we’ll take the site from staging to live and transfer the domain name to use the new server. There may be some downtime during this final stage.

If you notice anything not working correctly after the move takes place please use this thread to report it.

angie10
    Participant

Thanks so much for the update, Sheridan….I’ll look out and be sure to report back here if there’s anything to feed back 🙂

thisnthat
    Participant

Sounds good, Sheridan. Thank you for the info.

I’m looking forward to the new setup. I’m sure it will be nice.

realityspeaks
    Participant

Thanks for the update @sheridan.

Maricel
    Participant

Thanks for this information admin @sheridan glad to know this. 🙂 God bless always and the site as well.

Danny
    Participant

wow, Blogjob is really growing up, that is so good.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

That’s great 🙂
    Will let you know if ever there’s any errors we found.

deepam
    Participant

Hope everything goes smoothly as planned

luciaanna
    Participant

Thank you very much for this update @sheridan. If I notice anything not working correctly after the move takes place I will use this thread to report it.

Nana
    Participant

Thank you for all of the things you’re doing here

dawnwriter
    Participant

Can you see the comments in groups? They have all suddenly disappeared

@sheridan

angie10
      Participant

I never noticed this @dawnwriter….could it be in part due to all the ongoing work?!

luciaanna
      Participant

@dawnwriter Yes, I can see the comments in groups. Today I posted two comments into two different groups. Everything was fine.

Sheridan
    Participant

The site will be in maintenance and inaccessible from 2 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time) with an ETA to online status by 4 AM EST.

angie10
    Participant

Thank God I missed the maintenance LOL 🙂

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Thanks for updating us all on that. Hopefully it will all work out without a glitch 🙂

dawnwriter
    Participant

Yes, everything is fine now and I can see teh comments in groups. However, there is a

Maintenance Page Off

tab on top of my page. i don’t remember seeing it before. Any idea what it means?

gina145
      Participant

@dawnwriter I hadn’t noticed that. I haven’t a clue what it means and I’m scared to click on it.

angie10
      Participant

yes, @dawnwriter….I’ve been seeing that since yesterday, too.

deepam
    Participant

I clicked it and we do not have access to the page

luciaanna
      Participant

I clicked it as well and got the same result @deepam

angie10
      Participant

Hehe @deepam and luciaanna….you guys are brave! I saw it and just ignored it LOL

luciaanna
      Participant

@angie10 Maybe you meant to tell me that I am a brave woman? 🙂

angie10
      Participant

haha i’m sure you know what I mean, @luciaanna 😉 I saw it, but was too scared to touch it; so yes, a brave man and a brave lady…better?! 🙂

luciaanna
      Participant

@angie10 Yes, better: absolutely better. You are very nice.

angie10
      Participant

hehe ok @luciaanna…I guess that’s me, nice, very nice 🙂

luciaanna
      Participant

Yes, you are nice, very nice dear @angie10

angie10
      Participant

Aww thanks luciaanna…and so are you, my friend :)))))

luciaanna
      Participant

@angie10 Thank you for the compliment. It’s very kind of you, dear.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

oh that is why it has Maintenance Page OFF and it will be On when there will be a maintenance?

blueberry
    Participant

Can’t wait for the exciting changes 🙂

angie10
    Participant

Same here @blueberry. I guess we’ll notice it more in the site running better.

iyanpol12
    Participant

Thank you very much for the update sir. Just so excited.

Sheridan
    Participant

The site is scheduled for maintenance as part of the migration process on Wednesday March 16th at 1:00 AM Eastern Time. The new hosting company has been running into difficulties with the transfer because of the size of the database and the limitations our current hosting provider has in place. I apologize for the inconvenience and the amount of time it’s taking to complete the migration. Hopefully things will proceed more smoothly and quickly from here on out.

luciaanna
      Participant

Many thanks for the update @sheridan. I think that 1:00 AM, Eastern Time is 6:00 AM in my country. I usually sleep at this hour.

laksh
      Participant

@sheridan Thank u so much for notifying well in advance 🙂 we too are hoping for a smoother experience hereon..

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

So it will be Mardch 16 at 1pm in my place.I take note of that , thanks for the update Sheridan.

gina145
    Participant

Thanks for the update @sheridan. That’s 7:00 am my time, which is great because I’m never online then.

SHOHANA
    Participant

thanks for letting us know dear admin 🙂

Sheridan
    Participant

The site will be going into maintenance around midnight tonight in order to perform a database syncronization test with the new server. The procedure shouldn’t last more than 20 minutes.

Jessica
    Participant

Hey @sheridan, will we lose points when the server switch happens? Also, is there a risk of losing content? Thanks!

Sheridan
      Participant

@jessica before the switch to the new server happens, we will synchronize the database so you shouldn’t lose any of your points or content. That’s what the maintenance was for tonight, to test whether the database is synchronizing correctly.

suni51
    Participant

@Admin The views coming by use of various sharing media seems to have gone down again in last couple of days.Is it something to do with migration process? Thanks

Sheridan
    Participant

The site will be going into maintenance mode early Friday morning (3/25) CST. We will be migrating the live site to the new server.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Thanks for the update.

Sheridan
      Participant

I apologize, but the migration is going to be postponed for another day. I’ll post an update when I have a better idea about the time it will take place.

luciaanna
      Participant

@sheridan Thank you for informing us.

Sheridan
    Participant

The site migration will take place on Saturday 3/26 at 2 am EST and may be inaccessible for several hours.

junebride
      Participant

thanks for the update!

TAlberts
    Participant

Thank you for the information @sheridan. Happy Easter to you, your family and the staff. Take care.

shiela33
    Participant

Thanks for the update @sheridan

Sheridan
    Participant

After moving the site over to the new server we ran into several configuration issues that need to be addressed, so we had to revert back to the old server for now. Unfortunately several posts were made on the new server before the errors where noticed. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience but those posts don’t exist on the current server and will need to be re-posted to the site.

suni51
    Participant

@sheridan I thought the migration was over so I posted 4 in a row to makeup for the time lost. Now please suggest. Thanks
    PS I have copies of all my posts

deepam
    Participant

I reposted as you suggested. thanks for informing us sir. So kind of you to do so.

sweetmuffins
    Participant

Oh so we need to repost it. thank you sheridan for informing us.hope the migration process will be done smoothly next time. 🙂 God bless Happy Easter Sunday everyone 😀

Sheridan
    Participant

The site will be going into maintenance mode on Sunday 3/27 at around 1 AM EST.

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up and all the updates too!

Sheridan
    Participant

I’m sorry but the latest migration attempt was also unsuccessful. I didn’t feel comfortable about making the switch without fixing several issues first. For those using the Jetpack plugin you will have to reconnect it to WordPress.com to get it working again.

luciaanna
      Participant

@sheridan Yes, as I use the Jetpack plugin, I have just reconnected it to WordPress to get it working again.

munda23
    Participant

I wish everything will be fine according to your plan. And yes i noticed Jetpack was not connected but with a single click i connected it again, so its okay.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

I reconnected Jetpack to all of my sites. Happy to see the site is back up again.

Angeles
    Participant

Thanks for all the updates, @sheridan! From now on I’ll click the “notify me…” box, I should have made that before! 😀

junebride
    Participant

yup had to reconnect it as well yesterday

littlebelgianwriter
    Participant

I just noticed that I could not find my Blogjob blogs in WordPress, but I will try to reconnect them.
    I hope that the migration efforts will work out in the end.

Sheridan
    Participant

The site will be going into maintenance mode on Saturday 4/2 around 11 PM CST and may be inaccessible for several hours.

nerdieeds
      Participant

Thank you for letting us know. At least we can finish whatever we started.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Nice to see the site back up again! I’ve noticed that the images in my blogs have disappeared. They are not displaying in the posts, or even in the media gallery. Is this a known issue?

Sheridan
    Participant

Jetpack will need to be reconnected to your WordPress.com in order to get it working again on your blogs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

gina145
      Participant

@sheridan Once again I’m unable to reconnect the blog “My Bonsai Obsession” though all my others are okay.

Sheridan
      Participant

Sorry about that @gina145 please try connecting it again.

gina145
      Participant

Thanks @sheridan. It’s fine now.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I know some clickable options are missing on me above like the option to view my 3 sites, the one bearing my name to check on my profile. I hope I am not the only one not seeing it.

deepam
    Participant

I hope the issues are solved soon.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Why can’t I post any blogs or even see my blogs today? I can post everywhere else but those buttons at the top right are missing on me. 🙁

Sheridan
    Participant

@anne123farmer I’ve posted an update about this issue here https://blogjob.com/forums/topic/something-missing-on-the-right-corner-of-the-site/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nana
    Participant

No inconvenience to me just tap my name @nana and I’m at wall

Sheridan
    Participant

The final stage of the site migration will begin tonight 4/6 at around 10pm CST. We will try to keep the site available to visitors as much as possible, but members will not be able to log in until the migration is complete and all of the issues have been dealt with. We’re hoping it will take less then 24 hours, but if we run into problems it could be a few days before the site is fully operational again.

Sheridan
    Participant

I’m sorry that it took longer than expected, but the site has now been moved to the new server. There are still some issues that need to be worked on like some images in activity feeds are not displaying, but we feel like those issues can be taken care of over time. We’ll also be working on further optimizing the site to improve page speed performance. Please report any additional issues you may find here.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

Just happy to see the site is back up and running again! 🙂

deepam
    Participant

Glad to see the site back online. The social share buttons seem to be missing on the sites. Just reporting.

luciaanna
    Participant

I am happy that the site is back, but I have to report this issue, as per your suggestion @sheridan.

On April 7th, 2016 at 1,37 AM (Italian time) my points were 7738.

When I logged in this morning (April 10) my points were 7648. = – 90 points

Considering that this morning I got

. 2 points for logging

Also I got, as per my history

. 4 points for visitors on April 9
    . 10 points for visitors on April 8
    ————————————
    Total: 16 points

90 Points – 16 points = 74 points are now missing.

@sheridan, could you please check? Thanks in advance.

SHOHANA
    Participant

@sheridan Dear Sheridan, Feeling really very happy to get back blogjob, but I think I have lost a good number of points, as far i can remember i had 3300+ points and now its 2700+ (near 600 points missing 🙁 ) can you please look into it? Thanks in advance and stay blessed!

Sheridan
    Participant

If you feel like you’re missing points after the migration. Please use the contact us page to report it and I’ll look into it within the next couple of days.

Also for everyone using Jetpack you will have to reconnect it to WordPress.com to get it working correctly again. Please let me know if you’re having issues with connecting it.

junebride
      Participant

thanks dear.. i will do so since i am missing a lot of points..

luciaanna
      Participant

Just used the contact us page to report missing points after the migration. Also just reconnected Jetpack to WordPress. Thank you @sheridan

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Glad to be back. I don’t even now if I’m missing any points, I should have written them down. Need to connect to Jetpack again….

gina145
    Participant

I’m also missing some points. I’m still trying to work out exactly how many.

Edit: According to my calculations I’m 97 points short.

TAlberts
    Participant

Thank you for the informations Guys about missing points. I have just seen mine and I really lost a lot of points. I have to contact you then @sheridan.

TAlberts
    Participant

I have lost 218 points. I have sent an email to you @sheridan. Please check. Gladfully I noted my points before loging off.

SHOHANA
    Participant

Jetpack already been connected when i came back after migration, thanks sir @sheridan

angie10
    Participant

Luckily for me, my points seem in tact. I guess I’ll have to reconnect my Jetpack, though. I hope we’re now home and dry 🙂

Sheridan
    Participant

The domain name and email settings will be updated to the new server tonight. During this period you may experience some downtime and undelivered emails.

vivi1207
    Participant

Thanks for letting us know, @sheridan!

Mely
    Participant

Thank you sir for the info.Everyone is so much happy with this development.More Power.

deepam
    Participant

thanks for updating us sir. All the best to you

reine25
    Participant

thanks for the update, now, i can sense more will be coming here 🙂

TAlberts
    Participant

Thanks for the updates and returning back my missing points @sheridan. Have a blessed day😀

Diya
    Participant

Good information

Diya
    Participant

It is excellent

junebride
    Participant

Thanks Sheridan for returning the missing points…

kimdalessandro
    Participant

@sheridan – I noticed ‘blog token not found’ in my comment boxes. You’ll see what I mean here… https://blogjob.com/ideasforoutdoorliving/easy-way-clean-rusty-grill-grates/

Also, I brought this up in another thread, but ads are covering ads here and there. They are sometimes over my Amazon ads and other times they’re your ads over your other ads.

Maybe you’re currently working on these issues, but I wanted to bring them to your attention in case you weren’t aware.

Sheridan
    Participant

@kimdalessandro The comment error was being caused by the Jetpack commenting module. I have disable it across all the blogs and I have removed the ads in question.

SadieMarie
    Participant

Thank you a bunch. I appreciate the hard work you have invested in blogjob for us all. I am looking forward to the new and improved blogjob.

Shiva
    Participant

Good that the site will be getting better – temporary issues no concern then – siva

Mely
    Participant

This is very important for new blogger members like me.

Abdullah Shahid
    Participant

It has been done now? 🙂

Mely
    Participant

Thanks sir @sheridan.

monsterjar03
    Participant

Site migration is a good news. Thank you for that wonderful update.

Nana
    Participant

I am so glad that you did good job

Mely
    Participant

I am so impressed with the updates sent to us by our admin.

nakitakona13
    Participant

What about this several hours ago? I have made around 20 comment updates on my friends’ profile. Those comments have been reflected in their respective walls, but the points earned from such comments haven’t been reflected in my outstanding points. What I did is to shift to the forums to comment and to react. And those activities I have made were all updated to my balance points. Any point of clarification to this @sheridan?

Anna Nava
    Participant

Thanks for the update, a faster server is a good incentive to work more.

Fifi Leigh
    Participant

my sharing buttons have disappeared on my sites, and i can’t sharing anything. i can’t even find the super socializer on my dashboard.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

@fifileigh, you can click dashboard, the plug in icons on the side bar, then look for super socializer below and click activate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.