Short Stories

Activity Forums Writing Content Short Stories

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Tuba
      Participant

All love stories are the same.

She thought, while writing her story in a coffee shop, she had to write so that her sadness can turn into longing, solitude into remembrance. She remembered her ‘moments’ when a single ‘yes’ or ‘no’ can change one’s life forever, she tried to memorize her last week when she had found her love yet again and then lost him.
      She was waiting for him at a railway station where he asked her to meet. She was nervous her hands were getting cold, she did not know what to talk about, how he looked as it’s been twenty years since they have met. While waiting, she started remembering her past relationships that how many times she got her heart broken in the name of love. But that’s the beauty of love is always new. In spite of whether we love once, twice or a dozen times in our life, we always face a brand-new situation.
      She recalled memories of him that how he used to make her laugh, how her heart used to beat fast whenever she saw him, even though in all these years she never stop thinking about him after all he was her first love. She remembered the day they met she was having her coffee in an inn, while she was leaving he asked her to stay as he was making portrait of the inn and he liked to paint her as well he asked her to sit in the corner facing the window and she obeyed unquestioningly, which was not at all like her. When the portrait was finished, they had coffee together and talked about the world. For a month or two they stayed together but he wanted to see the world, learn new things and gain experiences. However she was not ready to take risks and to leave things behind but they always managed to stay in touch with each other
      She looked at her watch she realized she had been waiting for him since two hours, suddenly, she started having second thoughts of coming here she thought that what if he did not come? Or he just wanted to check whether I have still feelings for him or not but how could I had not come; I waited twenty years for him. As she was lost in her thoughts, a boy came to her and asked if she wanted to buy a newspaper, she bought it and kept it aside. She looked back for him but there was no sign of him. She began to feel worried and her body started getting numb, now her mind was telling her that she had made mistake by coming here but her heart was still determined that he would come. In order to get away from her thoughts she started reading the newspaper. All of a sudden she read his name under the headline of dead people in last night’s car accident and tears started to fall down from her cheeks.

kendra
      Participant

This sounds really good! I’m hooked already. Please, please do continue! 🙂

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

A good one, you are really a writer, do some more please, do you have a site?Can I know your site here?

Tuba
      Participant

Kendra thanks alot…. surely i will continue

Grecy Garcia: i dnt ve a site, yes u can say im a writer, it is my passion in fact.

TAlberts
      Participant

Wow! I was hooked. What a sad story in the end.

Tuba
        Participant

sure i will Lejla 1311

lejla1311
      Participant

This is awesome work. Please give us more 😀

Tuba
      Participant

Her name was Isha, she was a patient of brain tumour stage IV and I was her adenting nurse. Everyday she was moving a step closer to death but instead of getting cocky or sad she was happy and content, she used to say ” I have lived my life and have no regrets, im ready to go.” Her calmness always strike me how could a person be soo calm? When you have no one around your death bed. She knew about my irritates so one day when I was checking her pulse, she said you will never understand me until you know what I have been through. It was it in that moment I understand her suffering, pain and loneliness. So everyday after my shift I sat beside her and listened her story of braveness, not giving up and too believe in yourself.
      “He was my once a upon a time”, she said. The moment I met him I knew something is different, something sparked inside me. Not knowing what this journey holds I decided to go on….. At first it was only sweet, melody friendship… Months passed, years passed….. Then one day he said most beautiful, magical three words that I never expected to hear from anyone because I was determined that Love is a state of mind….
      Like all love stories, it was same fill with moments of happiness, smiling alone, listening to love songs which al of sudden start making sense… And the end was same too, resulting in broken hearts.
      I was never able to heal my heart and myself, the moments were stuck with me, it was like that time was moving forward and I was struck in one motion… Unable to move forward, al the feelings turned into numbness.
      They say time heal everything, but I do not believe in it, I believe time doesnt heal anything its us who decided to step forward with emptiness within us, hoping one day some one will fill those empty holes within us.
      My emptiness was filled by my husband, atleast that’s what I thought in beginning, but soon that converted into beating, crying, apologizing. I accepted al this as my fate and made comprised with my current situation.
      It was cancer who made me a fighter, I realised my life is ending so why do not make it worth living…. So I put all my act together and got divorced, against every one blessings. People can never understand ur pain until they go through form the same pain…
      I paid heavy price for my courage, every one left me even my own family, according to them I bought shame to family and to society. The truth is that I was never a person who lived by society rules…
      As today I lie on my death bed alone, still I have no regrets because I always believe in living in moments and that’s what I did my whole life…

After uttering those words she passed away. I did not feel sad for her.
      I will always pray for her because she had given me something that I lost a long time ago……

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tuba, you have succeeded in keeping me in suspense. I hope you can create a serial out of your stories.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.