Sharing

Activity Forums General Discussion Sharing

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

What are you thoughts on the new requirement to share to 10 sites each post?

Pegasus
      Participant

My first reaction was that my heart fell. I thought “Man I just did all that work and now I can’t partake in this site anymore because I can’t get the share buttons to work!”

Then I calmed down and followed the steps to get the share buttons on my site. The posts Sheridan shared with us made me feel better giving us ideas on how to successfully complete the 10 shares. Emails count one share each and I have at least 5 people who love me and my writing enough, then there’s the other 5 which are kind of more widespread. The thing that worries me sometimes is that I’m going to say something in my blogs that is going to hurt someone’s feelings, which is fine if I’m writing it anonymously, but once I start sharing it it’s almost like rubbing it in even if I’m just using the blog to get it out. So anyway, I feel like that changes the nature of my posts a bit, where I don’t feel like I can be AS personal. Maybe as I grow as a writer this won’t be important to me

kendra
      Participant

I figure it’s really a good idea since it’s a win-win — more traffic for our blogs means we benefit too. But I still wonder if I’m doing it right. Not sure if it means you have to share each blog 10 times or if you can share your different post to various sites to equal a total of 10 times…

Pegasus
      Participant

Luckily they did change the requirements @Kendra to be 5 share posts. We have to share each post 5 times to different sites or different specific pages on one site. We also have the option of sending emails as part of the share.

kendra
      Participant

Pegasus: Oh crap! Each post has to be shared 5 times. Yikes! I did not think that is what it meant because I figured that many posts being shared would look a bit spammy of us on our social media sites or something… Guess I better go start sharing these darn things. Not even sure I HAVE 5 different places to share them!

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

Kendra you can always sign up for new ones if you do not have that many accounts. Some are pretty easy to sign up for and add new friends too.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

Ah, I think it’s a bit much. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to meet that goal adequately without coming off as spammy. I’m not a fan of signing up for extraneous social media services.

jsnitz08
      Participant

I can see the points were Sheridan is coming from by having us Share our posts. This increases the quality of our posts written (at least hopefully it does), since we have to share with our “friends” on other sites. To not come off Spammy create other accounts, or send emails to your friends (indvidually). This will increase the traffic to your site. I’m glad it was reduced to 5, 10 is a bit much per post.

algedonics
      Participant

It’s still a bit much, imo, but that’s probably because I only really use one social media site. To post to sites I don’t use would be spammy, to make new accounts just for posting would be spammy, and I don’t want to bother my friends via email, either. The point is to generate views for ad revenue, isn’t it? There’s not much generated if you’re just continuously socking and/or annoying the people on the sites you’re posting to. It kind of seems like it’s actively working against the point. If you wanted to share a post of yours before, you’d have just linked it anyway, right?

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

I’m with @algedonics on this.

I do use more than one social media site, but they are all for very specific audiences, so I don’t want to bother them with the things I do for money. Maybe I’ll figure something out.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I looked at those dates and I was thinking WHAT????

shaloowalia
      Participant

I wasn’t aware of this.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.