Respect

Activity Forums General Discussion Respect

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Ingrid
      Participant

How do you show respect to older people in your country?

kendralala
      Participant

elder relatives, I kiss their hands. But to elder people not related by blood, I just say something polite and greetings 😀

Yvanne Garcia
      Participant

elder relatives, I get their hand and, like, tap the back of their hand onto my forehead. it’s a tradition in my country. it’s somewhat kissing their hands too. and say polite greetings.

xelaiehm
      Participant

We are asking for blessings from the elders. Getting their hand, tap it on our forehead and say “mano po” (eng.bless me) and and the elders will say “God Bless You”.

Dick
      Participant

I might not look like but I am pretty old

jkct01
      Participant

We called them Sir with our head a bit bowed.

angie10
      Participant

I guess in just the same way as you would another person. You greet them when you see them, you don’t answer back and choose your words wisely when you’re around them.

cgalavia
      Participant

Kiss their hands and also hold it unto my forehead.It’s a tradition here in my country Philippines,Say polite greetings like,”Po” Opo”.

realityspeaks
      Participant

Yes, we should respect our elders. Furthermore, if you don’t give respect, you don’t get respect.

Maricel
      Participant

by following the simple rules by our country in that way we can help our country to show our respect in some little way.

moondebi
      Participant

We touch their feet.

waflay
      Participant

Just by shaking hands and then there is no way an elderly person should stand when a young person is seated,one has to offer the seat as a way of respect.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.