Raising spoiled children

Activity Forums General Discussion Raising spoiled children

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I raise two spoiled children right now. They are both spoiled rotten and get away with somethings but not all. I think it is good to spoil your children to a certain extent but also make sure they are taught well and live a happy healthy life.

Pegasus
      Participant

My children have some wants, but they are superficial. They want for none of the basics, they have many toys, video games, etc, but things that they don’t get as gifts, they usually have to earn. I want my children to feel a balance of being treated to fun stuff and also being grateful for what they have. Yesterday my son was a little sad and I asked if I could do anything to make him happier and he said “Could you rub my back? I’m trying to think of things that don’t cost money that make me happy” πŸ™‚

kendra
        Participant

Well it sounds like you’re going a good job. You’re correct — there’s a big difference in “spoiling” them by showing them love and giving them nice things, especially as a way to reward good behavior. But when it comes to letting them run you over, become disrespectful and act out, always getting their way whether you truly want them to have it or not, that’s a whole ‘nother story. πŸ˜‰

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I do them things as well but I also spoil them things they do not want and what is hot and trending for their ages. My daughter likes many things that don’t cost money as well as my son. I love to spoil them with things that do not cost money as well. My children are very grateful for what they have also.

Nicolee25
      Participant

You are raising very good kids Kim.

Emily Hargrove
      Participant

I love my child… sometimes it’s hard not to spoil him. I wish he had siblings… I probably wouldn’t spoil him as much if I had another child to focus on.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

Well when you have two you spoil one more than the other. That is what I do because my son does more and is older.

Pegasus
      Participant

I actually think that I give more to my younger son because my older one goes out a lot and leaves the little one behind and I feel like I’ve got to make him feel better about being left out

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

When my son is gone somewhere my daughter get spoiled more. We all have our different ways. very interesting.

Stephanie C
      Participant

I think every mom knows their child best. And it’s great to be able to spoil them with non-material things. I think I spoil my daughter with attention. I am always playing games and such with her. I don’t like to buy her too many things, though, because I am scared she will end up being really materialistic, which I think could end up making her unhappy as an adult. You seem like a really great mom, Kimberly, and I think many moms would aspire to raise kids in the same way. πŸ™‚

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

Thanks so much. πŸ™‚ I so agree with you about giving them too much. That is why they do not have everything all of these other kids have.

xelaiehm
      Participant

i do want to spoil my kids in terms of giving them what they want. But i give it to them as rewards. Like if they do good in school i ask them what’s the reward that they want. But i make sure that they still know how to behave and accept when what they’re asking is impossible to have.

henry
      Participant

I think this is the a beneficial way of spoiling the kids

My son was an only child, and the only grandchild on both sides of our family until he was 9 years old! So, he was spoiled – just a little bit! But he was born with the sweetest disposition and nature and he has always been so tenderhearted and caring towards other people and so giving and sharing! It was easy to spoil him! He’s 22 now and making his own way in the world! Getting married to a great gal in November! So, even though he was spoiled, he turned out okay! I think the boundaries have to be set so that children understand that we buy them things because we love them, not so they will be quiet and leave their parents alone!

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

Exactly. I think you did a great job as a parent. πŸ™‚

cassandra
        Participant

I do have two kids, one is a four year old girl and the other is a 3 year old boy. It’s really hard not to spoil them because we live near my parents. As expected to many grandparents they oftentimes grant whatever their grandchildren wish to have. For instance, toys, chocolates, etc.

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

Yes mines spoil their grandkids also. πŸ™‚

jkct01
      Participant

If a child is taught well, the child is not spoiled.

iyanpol12
      Participant

I am not a parent, but if I’ll have in the future, I will not spoil them. Maybe give their needs, but not always what they wanted. I can give them gift anyway.

resuri
      Participant

My children are not spoiled. They have the worst time like any other children like tantrum but they are good children

TAlberts
      Participant

As a mother, I spoiled my son but to the extend that he knows where the boundaries are. You are a good mother just donΒ΄t over spoiled them that they will become dependent on you.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Thanks so much. I also think you are a great mom as well.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.