Questions about privacy policies and Amazon affiliate program

Activity Forums Website Design Questions about privacy policies and Amazon affiliate program

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  gina145 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

gina145
    Participant

This will be my first time starting a blog and I want to get everything right so please excuse me if I’m asking silly questions.

1. Do I need my own privacy policy for my blog or am I covered by Blogjob’s privacy policy?
    2. I saw someone else had a statement on their blog regarding the use of the Amazon affiliate program. Is this compulsory?

kimdalessandro
    Participant

@gina145 – Those questions aren’t silly at all. In fact they’re very important. I’m not sure if the site’s policies cover our individual blogs and posts. That would be a good question for Sheridan, but I added both to all of my blogs at the top of each side bar to cover all bases. I wanted them in prominent places since they are very important.

I’ve heard of people not being paid by Amazon because of the lack of an Amazon Affiliate Disclosure Statement. Also, the Amazon Disclosure Statement must be properly worded. You can’t write your own. I figured it was worth doing just in case. I don’t want to risk losing my Amazon commission or my Amazon account. I’d rather be safe than sorry after all of the work that I’ve done.

The privacy policy that I’m using was courtesy of a guy named Aaron Cook. As you’ll see, he allows people to use his privacy policy as long as they include a link back to his site, which I’ve done. Feel free to copy it from mine if you’d like. He makes it clear that it’s free to use.

gina145
      Participant

@kimdalessandro Thanks for your helpful answer. I’ll have a look at your profile as soon as I’ve got some time to spare. I really want to make sure that I’m doing everything properly.

TAlberts
    Participant

Thanks for asking the question @gina145. It is not silly at all to have asked this. I have to know, too.@kimdalessandro Thanks for the information. I´ll check your profile.

zaza
    Participant

thank you

zaza
    Participant

this is not silly you are free to ask anything

ourad
    Participant

not silly vice versa

TAlberts
    Participant

Better to have a double Amazon affliate disclosure statement as nothing at all.

gina145
    Participant

@thelme55 I agree. I wasn’t prepared to risk breaking their rules.

shaloowalia
    Participant

Helpful information

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I’m happy to help. I wanted it in an obvious location on each individual blog. I figured that it’s better to have too many privacy policies than not enough. 🙂 Feel free to copy the one that I used and add your info where it belongs. Mine came from a site that offered a free privacy policy. You’ll see that I credited him with a link back to his site.

gina145
    Participant

You’re probably right, @vinaya, but I ended up adding a privacy policy to the blog on which I’ve got Amazon ads, just in case.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.