Published Authors

Activity Forums Writing Content Published Authors

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Karen Fainges
      Participant

Hi Are there other published authors out there? Do you use your posts or blog to promote your books? If so, how?

Is there anything people consider too tacky?

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Sometimes people need to read simple posts to get interested in an author’s works. Blogs give a short taste of the author’s writing styles.

thisnthat
        Participant

That’s a really good point, Jeanette. You can probably figure out whether or not you’ll enjoy an author’s work by the time you’ve finished a blog post.

I’m not a published author, per se. I’m a published writer though. A couple of books still in the works, but I always get sidetracked. I should probably just got to ebooks.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

Thanks Jeanette, that makes a lot of sense

TAlberts
      Participant

I don´t know if there are published authors here. I want to know too.

rextrulove

I have 3 published books, all science fantasy and frankly, all three of them need to be rewritten. I’ve learned quite a bit in the past 10 years, since they were written. For that reason, I don’t promote them. If I ever get to the point where I can do rewrites, then I’ll promote them. 🙂

Karen Fainges
      Participant

@rextrulove I know what you mean. My first two were self published and are on Google books. The final versions available on my editor’s site are 100% better.

Writers Exchange if you want to try the process yourself. It’s slow but all so worth it.

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

I am not aware of the publication of books.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

@pramalkumarsamanta what would you like to know?

My website has info on self publishing if you want to read it https://shayton.net

pramalkumarsamanta
      Participant

Thanks for sharing.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

No probs that’s what forums are for

janetwrites
      Participant

I have published two children’s Kindle books and one non-fiction Kindle book. I’m currently working on another non-fiction book. It’s still trial and error but I want to continue doing it and also writing blog posts about my books.

Karen Fainges
      Participant

@janetwrites congrats on your books and keep on writing. The world always needs more books.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.