Protect Your Used Toothbrush From Germs And Bacteria

Activity Forums Writing Content Protect Your Used Toothbrush From Germs And Bacteria

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rextrulove 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Protect your toothbrush from germs and bacteria by using 2 , rotating them each day. Use one while the other toothbrush is being disinfected by soaking in a mouth rinse such as; Cool Listerine to remove germs and bacteria from it. because germs love to live on a wet toothbrush especially if it is left uncovered in the bathroom.

rextrulove

I usually use bleach.

Anonymous

Never use bleach to disinfect your toothbrush because it can irritate your gums, make them sore, tender, sensitive to touch and swollen.

You can use mouth rinse and denture cleaner solution to soak and disinfect your toothbrush to remove the germ and bacteria from your toothbrush.

rextrulove

I’ve been using either bleach or peroxide for over 25 years now and have never had a problem. The reason is that I’ve had dentures for that length of time. Neither bleach nor peroxide have ever caused irritation, since I always rinse well with the hottest tap water I can get.

It was a dental surgeon who first recommended using bleach to me. 🙂

Anonymous

Yes, Mr. Rextrulove, I have worked with a Prosthodontist: a dentist who specializes artificial teeth such as; in crowns, crown & bridges, over-dentures, removable partials and full dentures for 33 years. After he had delivered the dentures to the patients He had me to give the patient instructions on how to take care of their dentures at home. The last thing I had instructed them to do was not never soak their dentures them either in hot water or strong solution such as undiluted bleach because these can damage the dentures. If you soak them in hot water they will become warp.

rextrulove

I don’t soak the dentures in hot water. I do soak the toothbrush in hot water and bleach or peroxide. I really need to get a new set of dentures if I can ever afford it, though. I’ve had these since my teeth were extracted 25+ years ago. 😀 Replacing a toothbrush is just a tiny bit cheaper. LOL

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  rextrulove.

Diya
    Participant

Great advise

Diya
    Participant

Thank you so much dear.

junebride
    Participant

thanks for the tip

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.