Pre-school graduation

Activity Forums General Discussion Pre-school graduation

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

waflay
      Participant

My son who is six years is joining class 1 next year and last Friday was his graduation day marking the end of pre-school education.So how is it in your country do you also have graduation ceremonies for your children?

rextrulove

I know that some places have graduation from kindergarten, though none of us went there since it seemed more like a glorified daycare. There were graduations from 6th grade and 12th grade, though.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Yes, even nursery school or pre-school we have graduation. It kind of cute because you see them walking and they are all tiny.

Jessica
      Participant

It seems like the US only recently started official kindergarten graduations. When I was in kindergarten in 1995 (?) we performed a mini concert for our parents and then got to show them our portfolio of stuff. It was actually really fun because it wasn’t structured. Now I’ve heard there’s an actual ceremony where all these little kids get “diplomas” and it’s a formal event.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

We didn’t have anything special when I went from kindergarten to first grade. I was only four when I started kindergarten, and it was very scary for me. They didn’t do much to promote a kid’s self-esteem back then. It’s good that they’re having a ceremony for your son and his class @waflay. Moving on to the next step is an accomplishment.

jkct01
        Participant

You can still remember your 4 years old feeling! 🙂

poeticjustice
      Participant

My cousin even had a daycare graduation!

jkct01
        Participant

LOL! Daycare also got graduation ceremony!

jkct01
      Participant

My grandson also had his grad ceremony last Friday!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.