Posts and increased traffic

Activity Forums General Discussion Posts and increased traffic

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Henning
      Participant

So I have been watching some statistics from one month, three months, and my entire year, so my traffic ain’t that high, and I have been working to increase content so my posts would be more readable or kind of exciting to read and perhaps leave many comments, yet it has not happened.

What would you suggest, or what do you do as a top three to increase traffic to blogs?

Pamela
      Participant

No offense, but I would quit using the word “ain’t” in your writing. “isn’t” works just as well.

Social Media is a really good way to get your blog noticed, but other ways would be to comment on blogs as well as start engaging in Twitter and Facebook. Getting your name out there as an expert in your field is a really good way to start getting noticed. I have a group on Facebook that really helps my engagement and helps me connect with others like myself.

Henning
        Participant

Any feedback is great, so don’t worry, I’m not offended 🙂

And I will engage more in social media, that was also my idea, to really get my name out there.

Thank you Pamela

kimdalessandro
      Participant

Are you writing with search engine optimization in mind? Some are aware of it, but others aren’t.

Most of my traffic comes directly through the search engines, especially Google. SEO is first and foremost on my list. There are good tutorials out there if you’re unaware of SEO, especially for WordPress.

I would recommend reading through the steps at Yoast. It’s a plugin that we don’t have here, but you don’t need it if you read the links on their WordPress SEO tutorial. It includes everything from choosing your title to using tags. Each step is very important, and it’s easy to follow. I’ve added the link. I hope that it helps. 🙂

https://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/

Henning
        Participant

Well, this is a great help no matter what, thank you. I will check it out.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

You’re welcome, Henning. I also use Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble and I submit a few now and then to my LinkedIn wall. I quit Facebook a long time ago. I don’t want to involve myself with that one again. I can’t stand the drama, and it was too big of a distraction for me. It was counterproductive. I was promoting my work now and then, but I wasn’t writing as much as I should have because of the games and other activities. I received very few hits on articles and posts through FB, but that’s just me. For others it might workout better. It depends on the topics too.

I recall your name from another site, Henning, but I don’t remember where. I was on Associated Content and YCN for years. I was also on Bubblews off and on, but I used a pen name, Crystal Ray. If you don’t remember me, that’s okay. 🙂

Like I said, hopefully these tips help. 😀

SadieMarie
      Participant

I try sharing all over on social media. That has helped quite a bit with traffic for me.

Henning
        Participant

I guess that also means your name becomes familiar to most people right?

Nana
      Participant

I use google+ linkedin fb and tweet

Henning
        Participant

Those I also use, and they are great, just use some tags etc. 🙂

SadieMarie
      Participant

Those are good ones also. I love stumble upon though. Has given me the most views it seems.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Sharing it on Facebook and Twitter and sometimes on Pinterest creates traffic but not the amount I am anticipating. That is why I don’t anticipate at all.

Henning
        Participant

I never use pinterest though I have an account, I take that social media as more picturesharing. Or is that wrong perceived?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.