Post external links

Activity Forums Writing Content Post external links

This topic contains 33 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  angie10 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

peachpurple
    Participant

Is it OK to post two external links from my website which are related to my blogjob article?
    For example; I wrote a Bok Choy Soup recipe here and add 2 links to my other site which are soup related links.

Is it OK?

I read the rules here which state:
    You agree to not use back link spam to promote your sites.
    Read more at https://blogjob.com/faq/#RMjK8dSq7rz8BTr9.99

what does that means?

pramalkumarsamanta
    Participant

Perhaps Okay.

peachpurple
      Participant

@pramalkumarsamanta, thanks, glad to hear that

@erlymccheaven, different from each site…. does that mean two articles from different sites are allowed?

TAlberts
    Participant

Oh! We have the same questions Peachy. IΒ΄m waiting for the answers.

pramalkumarsamanta
    Participant

If the site does not object to the article, what is the problem in it?

TAlberts
    Participant

I have seen some that links their blogs to their other websites. So I think itΒ΄s okay.

joseph
    Participant

i have posted more than two links in my posts; mostly referral links.

rextrulove

I wouldn’t think that spammy links would be allowed. On the other hand, having links to reputable sites gives strength to an article and adds ‘link juice’. The linked site just couldn’t violate adsense rules, per the rules here.

gina145
    Participant

My interpretation of that rule is that it’s okay to use links to support an article that you’ve written, but it’s not okay to write an article which serves no other purpose than to send traffic to those links.

angie10
      Participant

Thanks for that @gina145…that actually makes sense πŸ™‚

peachpurple
    Participant

@adssolsn you got any warnings or mail from Blogjob team for putting the referral links?

I am not putting referral links but links to soup recipes

peachpurple
    Participant

@gina145 so in other words, if my article at blogjob is about soup recipe and the external links that I added are my other articles at other sites also soup recipes, it should be ok, right?

Correct me if I am wrong

gina145
      Participant

I’d hardly say I’m qualified to give an expert opinion, but linking to other soup recipes sounds okay to me. What I’d regard as spammy would be if you wrote a lot of nonsense about soup and then linked to recipes that you had published elsewhere.

peachpurple
      Participant

understood. Thanks

peachpurple
    Participant

@rextrulove/

what are spammy links? Links not related to blogjob articles that I write?

Nope, all my links are related

rextrulove

@peachpurple I’d count as a spammy link any link that wasn’t adding value to the article and was designed to make someone go somewhere else, do something else or to buy something. For instance, in my animal articles, I often include links to the animal I’m talking about that point to authoritative sites like National Geographic, a state game commission, the Audubon society, etc. If I’m writing about bears, though, I don’t link to a pet store. That would be spammy. Bears are animals and dogs/cats are animals, but they aren’t the same thing. πŸ™‚

I also don’t link to something tacky, though I don’t see anything in the rules against it. If I’m writing about rattlesnakes, I won’t link to an article about how to make a rattlesnake belt, for instance, because it would be tacky.

I try to use only links that directly relate and that are authoritative (no wikipedia or external blogs), but that is just me. Using only authoritative links drives your personal SEO up.

peachpurple
      Participant

@rextrulove understood sir, very clearly explained

angie10
      Participant

@rextruelove….very eloquently put, thanks πŸ™‚

shaloowalia
    Participant

i don’t use any links in my posts…better to play safe!

rextrulove

The downside of not using links is that you lose out on the additional SEO, backlinks and a lot of the traffic you could be getting. That isn’t so much of a problem unless you are wanting to make money from your blogs.

peachpurple
    Participant

@shaloowalia maybe you are right

joseph
    Participant

no i have not received any alert from blogjob @peachpulple.

TAlberts
    Participant

I mostly put 2 links in my post.

peachpurple
      Participant

@thelme55 i put 1-2 links too

angie10
      Participant

@TAlberts, if admin haven’t pulled you up on that, then I guess it must be ok πŸ™‚

thisnthat
    Participant

Well, it just says don’t spam. I wouldn’t think a link or two would be regarded as spam, but then again, I’m new here so not real familiar with how things work yet.

rextrulove

It depends on where the link points, @thisnthat. If the link is to a legitimate site that adds more information for the reader, it is valuable. Most of my articles are informational, so links to authoritative sites is appropriate.

thisnthat
      Participant

Yeah, that makes sense. I should have said “relevant” links or something. It really should go without saying, but yeah.

TAlberts
      Participant

The link should be related to the topic of what you are writing. I think 2 links is okay.

peachpurple
    Participant

@thelme55/ thanks, got it now

shaloowalia
    Participant

Using two links is ok as long as it’s related to the article.

angie10
    Participant

Thanks so much for this discussion thread, very informative! It’s true what they say about learning something every day. I’ll bear these points in mind when I decide to use links on my articles. So far, I’ve not.

peachpurple
    Participant

@erlymccheaven so 2 links from 2 different sites?
    For example one link from Hubpages and one link from Wikinut, all links related to my soup article.

Is it ok?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.