Politics – Where's the Danger?

Activity Forums General Discussion Politics – Where's the Danger?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Adrianne
      Participant

Why is everyone so afraid to talk politics? Is it fear of confrontation of opposing views, fear of opposition in day-to-day affairs, or perhaps is it the frustration built up between not having a full grasp on what is going on today and what isn’t going on today that should be? Is it the lack of information or the excess of too much information? What sparks an educational political conversation verses a back-and-forth banter than leaves everyone in “tears” of frustration? Why do we care… or not care? Can we afford to care? Or why can’t we afford to not care?

Jessica
      Participant

I’m not afraid to talk about political or social issues that I’m familiar with because I care about, but there are some topics I avoid. For example, I won’t shy away from discussing women’s reproductive choices or school shootings but god knows I won’t touch international issues with a million foot pole. I can’t speak for everyone, but for me it’s because there are issues I’m not familiar with. I can defend what I say about women’s health and school shootings because I actively read up on those topics. I, um, don’t know what the deal is in, say, the Middle East and Russia/Ukraine.

The problem with discussing politics is that you can’t just say what you feel. You almost have to be an “expert” in whatever the topic is.

Corey Ryne
      Participant

politics are crooked. bout to move out of the usa and just go underground. gets worse every day. theyre all liars anyways

SadieMarie
      Participant

I hate politics with a passion. So many lies and deception.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I am not afraid to talk about it.

waflay
      Participant

Politics bring about a lot controversies that no one would want to pursue.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.