Points deduction for unapprove comment or deleted comment

Activity Forums Writing Content Points deduction for unapprove comment or deleted comment

This topic contains 65 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  fun1oriented2learning 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

peachpurple
    Participant

i don’t underatand, twice a week, i get -1 point deduction for unapprove comment or deleted comment which i did not do. I check fir my sites, any comments and replied them. Anyone had this problem? How do i check for the reasons?

gina145
    Participant

I don’t know whether it’s happening to me regularly but I noticed one a few days ago and was wondering how it happened too. I can only guess that a post I commented on may have been deleted, but I’m really not sure.

peachpurple
    Participant

Oh gish, now i have -3 points deduction, really sad and surprised. Still don’t understand. Maybe i shoukd ask sheridan

lejla1311
    Participant

I had the same problem. Maybe it is some sort of a glitch on the site.

Jessica
    Participant

I know that being less active and less known has sometimes hurt me (like when someone doesn’t know my name so they might delete my comments on their blog posts). You all are active users, though.

I’d love to have a way to see what specific comments were deleted. I don’t care if my comments were deleted, but I do want to know which ones.

angie10
    Participant

Yes, I’ve also experienced days where I’ve wondered if some of my points were missing. I think I’m going to start keeping a sharp eye on mine just to be sure.

TAlberts
    Participant

Yes, it happened many times to me that is why I write my points before I log out.

peachpurple
      Participant

@thelme55/ same here, I always check my points before posting new blog

angie10
      Participant

@peachpurple et al…I think that’s probably the best thing to do to keep a sharp eye on your points!

peachpurple
    Participant

@angie10/ yup me too, need to see where did the points are going off

peachpurple
    Participant

@jessica/ me too, I want to know the reasons and which comments , then I know how to be more careful in future. Anyway, I wrote to @sheridan but no reply yet

peachpurple
    Participant

@lejla1311/ hopefully it is just a glitch, I hate to see the -1 point keeps accumulating

kimdalessandro
    Participant

I could be wrong, but I think they’re subtracted when we reply to comments on our own posts.

priscillaking
      Participant

That’d be a switch…it looks as if the system adds points when I reply to comments, which is why I’ve been trying to do that! (It’s a challenge, too, because I’d already been warned that “thank you for reading/commenting” is sometimes read as snarky. Mine isn’t; comments equal points equal pennies so I can sincerely thank anyone for commenting.) @sheridan ?

peachpurple
      Participant

@kimdalessandro/ correct me if I am wrong, are you saying that if I replied to my own posts to the comments I had read, I get -1 point?

angie10
      Participant

Yes, i too would like to know for sure if that’s indeed the case!?

peachpurple
    Participant

@priscillaking/ ok then replying to comments in my own posts, gets 1 point, then why -1 point??

kimdalessandro
    Participant

@peachpurple – I think that replying on our own posts is a point deduction, but I’m not sure. We’ll have to ask Sheridan. I’ve had points deducted, and I don’t think that someone deleted my comments on their posts. It was after discussing one of mine. I don’t thank people for reading, but if I want to discuss something, a lost point doesn’t bother me. It doesn’t happen often.

peachpurple
    Participant

@kimdalessandro/ I had asked @sheridan about this -1 point deduction but no reply yet, I am worried because I keep getting it once a week, sometimes 3 days once. This is bad. I need to know what went wrong.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

I assume you replied to someone who is spamming the site and they get deleted. Or I am mixing the two site, oh no!!

angie10
      Participant

@Grecy…that could very well be part of the problem. Clever girl 🙂

peachpurple
    Participant

@grecy095/ Oh maybe that is the case, but then how do I know that person is a spammer? Dear me

Admin
    Participant

More than likely the point deductions occurred because a post that you had commented on was deleted. It’s important that everyone report posts that don’t adhere to the site rules (like short posts, duplicate content, plagiarism, excessive cursing, etc) instead of commenting on them, because these posts will eventually get deleted and everyone will lose the points they received from commenting on them.

peachpurple
      Participant

I understand now, Thanks. So, if the posts other writer wrote is too short, I should comment on them, Even as an advice. I remembered that I did write a couple comments on those 1 sentence post, advice them to write longer, at least 300 words, Wasted my points. Wasted my precious comments

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Oh so that is the answer sissy @peachpurple, someone reported that comment that you received I assumed you replied on it, that is why your reply got deleted, that you get -1 deduction. When I received a spammy comment, I put it on the trash because I know most of them are for the back links and not member of this site.

Admin
      Participant

@grecy095 No, that’s not what I was saying at all. It is true that you can lose points when the author of a blog deletes one of your comments. But what I was trying to say is that if an entire blog post get’s deleted either because the author deletes it or because it violated the site rules, either way every user who commented on that deleted post would lose the points for those comments. That’s why it’s better to report blog posts that violate the site rules right away, so it can be removed before other users have a chance to comment on it.

angie10
      Participant

Thanks a lot for this response, @Sheridan….it really helps! I think that’s something we all need to be conscious of. I’ll be looking out for material that can potentially be deleted and just steer clear of it LOL

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Oh @sheridan now it is more clear, it means the entire blog and not only the comments. Noted on this one.

Even I witnessed something similar. I posted a comment and then wanted to edit. OOPS! That was no edit only a delete option, So, deleted and retyped the current one. Now, it read

Point for a comment = 1
    Point for a comment removal = -1
    Point for a comment = 1

Total = 1

It works!!!

peachpurple
    Participant

@fun1oriented2learning/ yeah I understand that but i didn’t delete my own comment, so why I got -1point??

@peachpurple Madam, maybe because parent comment was deleted.

For example, I wrote a comment. In response, you wrote another comment. Due to certain reason, my comment was deleted. Your comment is automatically removed. You did not do anything about it. That’s what @Sheridan Sir commented.

rextrulove

It happens to me periodically. Since one point isn’t likely to hurt much, I just move on and don’t worry about it.

peachpurple
    Participant

@fun1oriented2learning/ i understand now, thanks, I will be careful in future

peachpurple
    Participant

@rextrulove/ it is ok with 1 point deduction, but I had 4 points deduction in 1 week

rextrulove

I still wouldn’t be too concerned, @peachpurple. If you have a maximum of 150 points possible per day, that is only 4 points out of a possible 1050 points. I can think of several reasons it could happen, but if it was you who were doing something wrong, I suspect that you would have been told. Thus, I still wouldn’t worry about it. 🙂

Anne Farmer
    Participant

So far I have never seen it but for one time when I actually deleted one of my own comments. Good to know why it happens otherwise now though, wow.

@peachpurple Madam, you are welcome

Danny
    Participant

really I don’t give importance to this not until now, so I guess I have to observe it also to my points

angie10
      Participant

@Danny, I believe it’s important to keep an eye on your points just in case you lose a chunk, and it’s down to a technical glitch!

peachpurple
    Participant

@rextrulove/ thanks appreciated your thoughts

peachpurple
    Participant

@anne123farmer/ lucky you, at least now we know how the deduction goes

@rextrulove Sir,

You have 1050 point limit. That’s great.

rextrulove

@fun1oriented2learning, that is a 150 point limit per day, for a week. If I’m not mistaken, everyone starts with a limit of 150 per day, so everyone should have at least that 1050 point weekly limit.

angie10
    Participant

I’m glad this thread came up because it makes a few things very clear! Does anyone know if we get credited for comments made on group discussions?

rextrulove

I believe so. One point, just like other comments.

peachpurple
    Participant

Glad to knowthereasons now thanks

@rusty2rusty Madam, not only that. But you also get points deleted for any update / comments in the group.

But the even important point is that while we all have limits to gain points. There is no limit of losing points.

Shane
    Participant

I was encountering that way. Perhaps because of a spam comment.

peachpurple
    Participant

@rusty2rusty/ thanks for your advice

Shane
    Participant

It happened to me last week, but one of our blogjob friends gave me a clear thinking like the explanation of sir sheridan.

Andria Perry
    Participant

Used to happen all the time but I think since ” The one” quit I have not had this happen anymore. Some one said ” he or she” is unstable and would just delete comments.

angie10
      Participant

Oh I think I remember when the person suddenly took off and we all lost quite a few points!

I really don’t notice. I am usually well over that amount of point we can get each day anyway.

angie10
      Participant

@brendamarie….just so I understand you, do you go over your daily limit? if so, do you always get credited for the work done? The reason i’m asking is because a few people have told me that even though there’s a limit, we can exceed it. I find that a little confusing LOL

Shavkat
    Participant

I am a newbie. I haven’t noticed any deductions for any activities done here. I hope it is not because of technical issue.

Mely
    Participant

I haven’t experienced it.

Ann LeFlore
    Participant

I just joined the site yesterday. I can understand why the site would delete a point if your comment was deleted. However, I feel the site should state this in the rules so everyone had a clear understanding why their points were being deleted.

Coral Levang
    Participant

I am a newbie here, so I’m not sure how this works just yet. Maybe a moderator will chime in on this?

rextrulove

It has already been explained several times that points are given automatically for comments and posts. Also automatically, they are taken away when comments and posts are removed, such as when a member removes them, deletes their account or violates TOS and is kicked off the site.

thisnthat
    Participant

That’s what I figured. It makes sense.

I will just report bogus posts and not bother commenting on them. Everyone should do that. The more we help clean up the site, the less we have to worry about losing points or having limits lowered and stuff like that.

Yes @thisnthat

You made sense. That’s true.

angie10
    Participant

Exactly, rusty2rusty….you’re best off just playing it safe and staying well clear of anything you think may get deleted…..something I’ll be doing going forward 🙂

angie10
    Participant

@Vinaya Ghimire….maybe that’s when you’ve exhausted the amount you can gain on any given day?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.