Persona Paper – Should I Continue?

Activity Forums Writing Content Persona Paper – Should I Continue?

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author

Narayan
      Participant

Hi guys,

I joined persona paper one year ago and left it when it seemed to be crumbling.. Now as I see the site is still alive, I’m wondering if I should continue.. I’ve been visiting the site for the past 2 days and wondering the same. No new members from INDIA and PHILIPPINES are allowed now, but the older members can continue.

Do you think it’s worth to spend time there? I would like to know it from those who are still active there or those who know the site well.

gina145
      Participant

I’ve never been very active there. I like the site, but it always felt like I’d need to put in too much work before I could earn enough to cash out.

Narayan
      Participant

@gina145
      Yes, my concern is the same.. It’s really too much effort and too long to wait to reach there! I’m still thinking…

dawnwriter
      Participant

No one can make the decision for you because only you can decide what you get out of a site. The good points are:

Great community
      Good quality posts
      Posts need to be about 100-120 words long
      Prompt payment
      You earn by leaving comments.
      The more you post, the quicker you earn

The not-so-good points

Slow earnings because there are few active members.

I enjoy the site but it will not make you rich like Bubblews of old times.

Narayan
        Participant

I know. That’s why I’ve returned even after one year of staying away.. hope more members join and we can earn at a faster rate.. When it’s too slow, I tend to lose interest..I see that you are really active there..I hope I will continue and be a lot more active than before.

inertia4
      Participant

Honestly, for ow I think it is a good idea to stay with them. Although the site has been slow, there is a good chance it will bounce back. It is a legit site, great admins and wonderful members. Some of which are also on other sites like Bubblews or MyLot. I know a good amount of people there and they are always active.

Narayan
        Participant

Yes, I too like the site for some reason and that’s why I keep visiting it and now starting writing again. But I’m too doubtful to continue.. The payment threshold is too high to reach quickly and my only doubt is “what if they refuse to pay Indians when I reach payout?”

iyanpol12
      Participant

I already left the site for a long time. The rates are too low and was saddened when they do not accept new Filipino and Indian writers.

Narayan
        Participant

Same here.. that’s the reason why I left.. Although they have allowed the members from these two countries who had joined before to continue, I am worried they might not pay them at a later stage..If they do that, all the time spent there would be a waste!

nerdieeds
        Participant

I am still a member, I visited just today when I read this post. And my account is still active

Karen Fainges
      Participant

Do they say why they don’t accept Filipino and Indian writers?

That sounds really strange to me.

Narayan
      Participant

Because they are getting low ad revenue from these countries and the members are more from here..So the revenue and traffic are not matching.

Jessica
      Participant

It’s always good to keep your options in place. Persona Paper was not my cup of tea, but I haven’t heard anything too bad about it. The worst thing was at one point people who used it said the warning rate was too low for the amount of work they put in. Ultimately I would recommend keeping your account but using them with caution.

Narayan
        Participant

@Jessica . Yes, that’s the reason I never closed my account there. I just stopped investing my time with a hope that it will recover. Even now, I have decided just to spend about 15 minutes a day there.. Let’s see how it goes.

thisnthat
      Participant

I really liked the site when I joined, because it is a nice community. I just can’t afford to spend time there. I need to make money, and the earnings are painfully slow. I was hoping it would pick up over time, but it seems to have only grown slower.

I’m afraid that rev share sites might be becoming a thing of the past. Well, I should say earning through them is a thing of the past. They just require too much for so little in return.

Narayan
        Participant

@thisnthat You expressed everything so well in just a few sentences!! I was also just thinking the same about revenue sharing sites’ future!
        And yes, just because a community is good, sometimes we can’t afford to spend our time and energy. For most of us, our basic aim is to earn online! The most frustrating part for me is that Persona Paper has still not picked up..

angie10
        Participant

I agree @thisnthat! For now, rev share writing sites are just not worth it at all. You can slave away all you want, but even reaching $20 is an uphill battle. I don’t believe that’s a good reward for my time. -sometimes it’s important to know your worth. I do believe this may be the beginning of these types of sites. They just keep slashing their rates, and I don’t see anyone sticking around for mere pennies.

peachpurple
      Participant

I remembered that those countries you mentioned will not be paid. That is why less writers there

angie10
        Participant

So basically, people from those countries can continue to write, but they won’t be paid, @peachpurple?? I bet i’ll be one of them because even if my country wasn’t mentioned, nobody here’s likely to read the articles LOL

SHOHANA
      Participant

you should not continue, just waste of time on PP

angie10
        Participant

Yes, Shohana….I agree. I’d much rather put the material on my blogs here. At least that way I know I’m working towards something 🙂

shaloowalia
      Participant

rates at persona paper are too low…just a waste of time!

iyanpol12
      Participant

I agree with you @shaloowalia. That’s why I left it.

shaloowalia
      Participant

@iyanpol12 i also left it when the rates were reduced ridiculously low.

Do you know any website similar to blogjob or persona paper?

@laksh, no problem. Someone else would help both of us.

Narayan
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning But I feel it’s better for us to find some other sites.. I mean if we have all WRITING sites, it’s very hard to do it..can’t just keep writing on all sites.. I find it hard to write in blogjob itself 😀
        I now have different kinds of websites to earn from.. so it’s going pretty good now.

@laksh, dont worry. That is a case of time management.

If you want a non writing yet paying site, I suggest humanatic.

Narayan
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning hehe 🙂 I’ve been on humanatic for almost 2 years now 🙂

angie10
        Participant

-and how is it going over at Humanatic @laksh? That’s another one I just had to let go of.

Narayan
        Participant

@angie10 I’m not doing much there on humanatic.. it’s been having issues for long now.. they have a new version, but still it’s getting harder and harder to earn.. I just login and take a few calls once in a while.

angie10
        Participant

Good for you, @laksh…Humanatic for me is the biggest con going. -and they’re so lucky because they have so many diehard fans. I bailed out.

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

I’m on PersonaPaper. I’m not leaving until I get my $20. Unless, of course, they shut down before that. Then I guess I have to write it off as time wasted.

Narayan
        Participant

@cmoneyspinner How much have you earned so far?

cmoneyspinner
        Participant

According to the green bar that measures cash out potential, last time I checked I was only at 37%. Feels like it will take an eternity to achieve the remaining 63%. But I’ll just keep on keepin’ on.

angie10
        Participant

Wow, @Treathyl Fox……and you used to do a lot more writing than I ever did! If you were only at that stage in Novemeber, Lord knows where I would be! Good luck reaching your $20 cash out 🙂

@laksh Sir

Have you heard of ermail? They pay for reading not writing. 😀

Narayan
        Participant

Nopes.. have u got paid?

gina145
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning The rates ermail offer sound a bit too good to be true, and the minimum to cash out is $100. I’m not sure I trust that site.

angie10
        Participant

gina145….I’m with you on that one. It seems very shady! You receive $10 on registration, too. Somehow i feel like it must be a scam, so I won’t go there.

Danny
      Participant

why not, if you think it will enhance you more though it earn you less, go for it buddy

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I left the site early last year. I was there 2013 and i know it is just a waste of time because the rate is so low. I wonder they do not allow members from Philippines and India now? Why we will spam their site? I hope they do not generalize it.

priscillaking
        Participant

@grecy garcia, I think it’s strictly because people in those countries weren’t buying enough products from ads. (As if I’d *ever* bought anything from an online ad…but apparently some people in the U.S. do. Not anyone I know.)

angie10
      Participant

I was a member at Persona Paper, but left because I just felt i’d be slogging away for years before I got paid. I really like the site and the admin are approachable, but it’s too much work for a pittance. I’m actually surprised it’s still running. I never closed my account, I just left. I don’t know of any one person who’s ever been able to cash out.

Narayan
        Participant

@angie10 Yes, it’s too much of work, and we never know if it will be paying when we reach the payout amount! It’s still live because there are hardly any paying sites left now..

angie10
        Participant

@laksh….I just don’t stick around if i feel I’m not making headway. I need to see that my time is being adequately rewarded. Otherwise is there really any point?!

@gina145, Have you tried?

gina145
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning If you’re referring to ermail, no I haven’t. I hadn’t even heard of the site until today. Have you tried it? If so, have you been paid?

Susmitha Anoop
      Participant

I am a member of it.But its slow earning

nerdieeds
        Participant

Yes it is super slow there.

I guess it will be because they pay $10 for signup. $1 – 3 for simple reading tasks. OOPS!

If they aren’t slow, might be bankrupt.

realityspeaks
      Participant

I hope the site is able to sustain for a long time.

nerdieeds
      Participant

I am a member of that site, but never was active. I only contributed 23 posts. Luckily my account is still active. And I was not deleted.

resuri
      Participant

I never tried Persona paper but I heard it from a friend. Before I really wanted to join the community but saddened when I knew they don’t accept people from Philippines and India People said that it is a slow paying site I thought that it is a good paying site like bubblews (It used to be) I think blogjob is better

It was a nice site. I dont know why this happened?

Anne Farmer
      Participant

For me it’s not worth the little pay to spend time there. I have tried and it seems to be to slow.

kimdalessandro
        Participant

I never started at PP because the pay is ridiculously low. It just didn’t seem worth it to me. I like visiting with people, but I have to earn too.

Xavier Bage
      Participant

I had heard about the site two years ago but decided not to join it. Now they are not accepting members from India and Philippines. It’s OK for me. I belong to this outlawed part of the world.

Narayan
        Participant

@xavierbage hehe 😀 you are not alone, I too belong to that part of the world 😛

@angie10 Sir/Madam,

Maybe you are right but do you know internet structure? There are 12345 new websites coming out on daily basis. Have a doubt? Check it out anyday.

What is the guarantee that yours will be read? It was very easy in earlier times but now very difficult. There are only 2 ways to gain traffic.

1. Write what no one else knows yet important topic
      2. Become the GOD in your topic and gain devotees by hook or by crook.

But why are you worried? You will get points even if no one is reading.

angie10
        Participant

I wouldn’t say i’m WORRIED, per se @fun1oriented2learning. If I join a site and i feel it;s not worth my time, I leave. Simple as that. I have to enjoy my time there and actually feel that my time’s well spent, otherwise what really is the point? NONE, in my book.

Thanks for the pointers….This is the angle I’m kind of trying to take 🙂

Narayan
        Participant

@angie10 I agree 🙂 Yes, we are here for money, but if it is not enjoyable, we wouldn’t do it.. It’s the same with our offline jobs as well.. or any activity for that matter..

angie10
        Participant

So true, @laksh! I just couldn’t stay some place I hated for too long. I’d end up being very resentful, bitter and twisted. I guess that’s why you find colleagues like that in many work places LOL

BTW cute profile picture, my friend 🙂

Narayan
        Participant

thanks @angie10 The credit to the profile pic goes to @peachpurple

angie10
        Participant

OMG that’s brilliant! @peachpurple, you’re one talented lady that’s for sure 🙂

@laksh, If Indians and Filipino can’t join but can write, you must use proxies to join. Is that allowed?

Narayan
        Participant

@fun1oriented2learning
        Well, nobody would allow that.. Moreover I don’t have to earn using such means 🙂 Anyway the old members were allowed to continue there, so my account is intact..

ksridharprasad
      Participant

I have already stopped doing this site long back itself by the less payment proceedure.

priscillaking
      Participant

Slow and steady wins the race…I think starting small and slow is why Persona Paper’s survived this long. It’s a nice site in most ways. However, the pay rate’s too slow for me, and Shockwave Flash made the site run too slowly for me, to spend much time there.

I will say I’ve enjoyed the time I *have* spent there.

Susmitha Anoop
      Participant

I am not writing there

cmoneyspinner
      Participant

Feb 4, 2016, I will be celebrating a 1-year anniversary at PersonaPaper. I like the people there. It doesn’t take much effort to generate a quick post and add an image. I also like the fact that coins can be earned for making comments.

Did I say I like the people there? 🙂 Cause that’s the main value of the site. “Human friendlies.” Wouldn’t use it a main income stream though.

Narayan
        Participant

@cmoneyspinner that’s good… but what you said in this comment is different 😀 you said you would consider it as time wasted if you don’t get paid 😛

cmoneyspinner
        Participant

Yes it would be time wasted if I don’t get paid. Didn’t join the community for fun. Had thought about leaving just like you. But the fact is, I’ve gotten so that I really like the members there. It’s good to know I will also earn income so I show “proof of work” that it is intended for income. (That’s a long and ongoing discussion with me and my spouse.) But out of all the communities I’ve been in, the PersonaPaper people actually talk to me, like they know me! That has value, though non-monetary, since I work from home and don’t get out much. But I’m not stupid. Nice people or not, if there was no income potential, I would leave. 🙂

cmoneyspinner
        Participant

PP is shutting down. FYI.

charmingchel
      Participant

I’ve been a member of that site in 2014, but didn’t continue writing there because of it’s slow pace. Just made a good decision, anyway….

shiela33
      Participant

I had few posts there but I got lazy to continue because of slow earnings. The good thing about there is the friendly community.

Stephanie C
      Participant

I used to write for them, but it wasn’t worth it to me. I left…

wolfgirl569
      Participant

Sadly they just announced that they will be closing. I loved the people and interaction there and will miss it

MissyWeng
      Participant

Yes! They’re already closing as per what I heard to some people who’s a member of that site.

blueberry
      Participant

I’m really wishing to join persona paper before though i just discovered they’re not accepting members from Philippines.

Unfortunately, it is meeting its end. It stayed long

SHOHANA
      Participant

Persona paper was hardest site for me, i’m not that much hardworking the site as need.

angie10
      Participant

Very interesting….I just went on there to see if the site had been pulled down yet. But it’s still there, and I was even able to log in. Does anyone know if admin’s given a specific date?!

cmoneyspinner
        Participant

From what I understand, the site owners have to settle business matters with the sponsors who displayed ads at the site, receive payment from them, and then try to settle monies owed to the writers who participated at the site. They can’t give a definite date, but promised to let everybody know when they know.

angie10
        Participant

@Treathyl Fox….it’s such a shame! I do hope you’ll be one of those who gets paid. I guess the saving grace is that they’re being transparent about what’s going on 🙂 I hope it works in your favour, whatever happens.

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.