Pandesal also known as "Salt Bread"

Activity Forums General Discussion Pandesal also known as "Salt Bread"

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Captain
      Participant

Pandesal is one of the famous breakfast for the Filipino people. I usually have my breakfast with salt bread with hot chocolate or cocoa.
      I like pandesal for my breakfast because it is very easy to eat. Pandesal is best known to eat when it is very hot or newly baked. When it is newly baked, it is crunchy and very soft to eat. The smell of the bread is very good too. So you wonder how Pandesal or Salt Bread became known for us Filipino people. Here is the brief explanation:

Pandesal or Pan de sal (salt bread) was first introduced in the Philippines in 16th century by the Spanish, since then it has become one of the favourite bread of the Filipinos. It’s a famous “agahan” or breakfast and always lovely when served hot. It brings back childhood memories when people selling it early morning shouting “pandesaaal init pa” which means Pandesal… still hot! Never mind the cuckoos of the chicken or alarm clocks, that what wakes me up every morning. They usually put it in a box wrapped with layers upon layers of cloth to keep the pandesal nice and warm, but of course you can easily buy it on any bakery shops anywhere in the Philippines. Some Filipinos dip their pandesal in with their warm coffee or cocoa drink too, but you can also have it for “merienda” or snack. I normally put cheese in it and it’s good to go. For Filipinos abroad, satisfying their craving for pandesal is by doing it yourself and baking it at home. (From: Filipino Food Online)

Captain
      Participant

There is also a malunggay pandesal. It’s delicious.

jkct01
      Participant

A local bakery here does make Pendesal for sale.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

I love Pancdesal. I love this bread because it is very Filipino and takes for mentioning, I want to have it for breakfast tomorrow.

Maricel
      Participant

It has been quite a long time since we had Pandesal maybe tomorrow i will.I love Pandesal especially when partner with coffee or milk.

jkct01
        Participant

Reading of what you said about the bread, I think I will buy it from the bakery soon.

kendralala
      Participant

I LOVE IT TOO… I LOVE IT WITH HOT CHOCO AS WELL. NOW IT MAKES ME SALIVATE AND CRAVE PAN DE SAL.

Arlene
      Participant

Pandesal because sal is salt. Pan de salt. I miss it. There is no pandesal here in Chile but they have many pan with only salt in taste but the texture of the dough is different. I miss our very own pandesal in the Philippines.

Omison
      Participant

Holy cow, that sounds down right delicious!

I’m probably going to Google that recipe…but because I get swamped with other things going on…wont ever make it.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.