One Blog Today :(

Activity Forums General Discussion One Blog Today :(

This topic contains 39 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  shaloowalia 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Anne Farmer
    Participant

Today I was able to only post one blog. I was actually answering forum replies, etc with the other 50 points I had today.This is because I have a limit of 100 points per day now. How is that going to help the site increase traffic with two lesser blogs. I had a 150 point limit before only but that 50 extra points really made a difference for me. It’s not making much sense. I’m trying to share now to social sites as much as I can. I finally got my share buttons back. With the way the site has been in maintenance or down this month so much no wonder ‘revenue’ is down. Besides, whenever a site like this changes much of anything like a sever, the site always lessens our points or does other things and then nothing truely helps, members complain, go elsewhere, etc. unless they ave no other place to go. I have seen this many times before. 🙁 I’m just getting tired of changes that are bad.

rextrulove

@anne123farmer, this is an instance where the changes have been overwhelmingly positive, though some people might not understand this. When the focus changes from quantity to quality, some really good things happen and the site gets stronger, with more clout. Some actions are necessary in order for everyone to comply and all to benefit, but this is also extremely fair since it means that there is no favoritism and that everyone in the community is treated the same.

Each person in the community has the option of perceiving the changes as either good or bad, though they might be neither or both. It is the same with real-world communities.

A quote of my own (and I don’t often quote myself): Life is change. Life without change is, well, death.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I perceive this is not going to be fun anymore. @rextrulove

rextrulove

@anne123farmer, since every one of us is responsible for our own feelings, we have total control over whether we will have fun or not, regardless of the activity or day. I choose to be happy and to have fun, therefore I’m happy and have fun. That is dependent on me not on BlogJob, the Internet, the weather, etc.

ptrk12
      Participant

@rextrulove I think that the reduction of whole 50 points is a bit harsh. I know some people might have been trying to publish two blogs of insufficient quality everyday, but at times one might have material ready for two blog posts a day- and of good quality.
      An example in this case is my story series. If some day I have two parts of my story series ready, why do I wait for another day to post second of that part?

I hope the limit does not drops below this.

rextrulove

@ptrk12, it is reasonable, since it effects everyone, myself included, and because it ultimately helps to make sure that the site stays open. In regard to having an extra post in a day, use that to your advantage. You can schedule it to publish on the next day or whatever. This frees up your time while also giving you the points for the article. 😀

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I agree, too harsh.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@rextrulove I like what you said. The only thing unchanged in life is “there’s always changes”, so life is definitely about changes, and we are changing every moment as well. I also agree with you saying we have total control of our feelings and emotions. Everything is actually depending on us, not others.

You are really a wise man! 🙂

Nana
    Participant

True love qoute @rextrulove

gayathri
    Participant

I have also posted one blog and the rest had been comments and updates.

Nana
    Participant

I blogged three today

TAlberts
      Participant

Only 1 blog for me. As always.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

If you’re happy with it that’s fine, but I’m not.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

@nana you’re a social blogger then? I don’t even know how to get to that point or look at my stats to see if I even qualify for that. Which sites do you share your blogs to?

rextrulove

Today has been productive, but I haven’t written any articles yet. I killed about 40 wasp nests around the church, picked up my daughter’s meds so she’s ready to go to Guatemala, mowed the rest of the front yard, super cleaned the bathroom, got the old tailpipe out of the pickup and put the new muffler in place for welding, mowed the back yard, weeded the front flowerbeds, weeded the strawberry beds, got the back garden weeded and ready for tilling and picked up some side pork for dinner tonight (my daughter’s never tasted it). Not bad for a day that rained off and on. 🙂 This is the first time today that I’ve come in and sat down since I got going.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

You’ve been busy @rextrulove! You’re a good father to your daughter and do a lot for her. Guatelmala? Is this a school project of hers maybe? I should be doing more yardwork too but I need the money from my sites.

rextrulove

@anne123farmer, no, she is going to Guatemala to be with her husband for two weeks. Long story, but he lived here for a long time, even graduating high school here, and he was a hard working tax payer. Because of a discrepancy between two document (one of them had a typo that listed his birth year as being a year later than it actually is), he was deported and cannot legally enter the US for another five years, despite having an American wife. If he had money…about $10,000…he’d already be back here. Anyway, my daughter is only able to visit him once or twice per year. She won’t move there because the conditions are horrid and unsafe, plus she’d need to get a travel VISA.

I have a narrow window to get a garden prepped and the flowers in, then it will become too hot to do more than tend the plants and maintain them and the garden. So I’m working at it like crazy to get it all done, while I can. If I don’t do it now, it isn’t going to be done this year. 🙂

Anne Farmer
      Participant

@rextrulove Oh I see, that makes a huge difference. I can see why this is such a problem too. He must really love her and vice versa to stay together though. God bless them both.

Won’t be doing anything like garden work today, it’s raining again.

rextrulove

Yes. They’ve just had their fifth wedding anniversary and half of it has been spent with him in Guatemala and her here. His dad and brother both live in this town, too. In fact, her sister in law manages one of the two banks in town.

Carlos isn’t going to break the law by coming up here without going through channels, so nothing can be done except to wait (unless someone here wins the lottery). They spend about an hour every night on skype, talking to each other, and they have 1-2 visits per year.

Super Spy
    Participant

As a newbie and a 100 points, you have to decide whether to post twice or once and then interact. That’s what I am working out right now what works best for me. While it puts less pressure on me to post each day, it also discourages me from posting as I have other blogs, and while yes I can put them in a draft, sometimes I just want to post and be done with it.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I hate being treated like a newbie though, especially since I’ve been here since last August. It is rather humiliating and not fair to me.

rextrulove

@superspy, why not just schedule them to be published the following day? That way, you don’t have to worry about putting them in draft and then have to remember to publish them.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

You can do that @rextrulove ???

rextrulove

Yes, @anne123farmer. I wrote an article about how to do it, back on the 19th of April: https://blogjob.com/insights/2016/04/19/scheduling-a-blogjob-article-for-later-posting/

Super Spy
      Participant

I do draft, as I have several of my own self-hosted sites, but I am little OCD. Once edited, I want it done and dusted.

rextrulove

It is easier to simply schedule them rather than saving them as drafts. Once it has been scheduled and set, there really isn’t anything else that needs to be done and a person can move on to the next project.

Super Spy
      Participant

I don’t work like that, I schedule and go back and reschedule, so it’s easier for me to just draft, then post it. That’s me though and I am a perfectionist and like to see things actually happen. I mean I check my social media when I post to make sure it’s been posted automatically too.

iyanpol12
    Participant

I know how hard it is. But I had moved on since I still have 300 points limit per day, from the previous 400. I worked hard to finish a project and this is what happened.That’s why I understand what you feel. For me it’s fine, but I feel your pain dear. Anyway, I share my blogs im Google+ where I gained more views and visitors.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I only have 100 point limit, are my posts that bad? 🙁

Jessica
    Participant

Hey Anne Farmer, I’m also hurting (mentally) from these changes. They may be well-intended but since finding out about them I’ve lost some enthusiasm for contributing serious work (such as blog posts and longer comments). I also felt alone in thinking “Well, how is this going to inspire us to do better?” when I saw that most of our blogging friends were supportive of the changes. It’s hard being one of a few voices that question these changes because it’s like I’m not trying to be nothing but negative but with so many supporters it can come across that way. I’m thankful to see that other regular bloggers have questions and concerns and are willing to speak up. I was wondering, will you still post here?

Nana
    Participant

I share on fb, tweeter, Google+,linked in and go to rewards complete and follow directions

Maricel
    Participant

I share my post on fb, google+, twitter, pinterest and since we got 50 points decrease here I think I am having a hard time to qualify for the increase points here. Since my 50 points I spent from interacting and the rest on my post. I feel you @anne123farmer for me I am still thankful to Blogjob I can still earn slower but sure. For now we need to be patient and positive.

I am surprised why everyone is thinking from their own perspective. There are hardly 100 legit paying online writing sites as on date. In future, the condition is not going to be better either.

That’s why such hard decisions are required.

Earlier you could get points for not writing good quality content. Same is however, not the case today. So, he ensured that now, quality prevails and no one can abuse the system easily. So, he changed daily limits.

Secondly, when the new registrations started, new users had daily limit of 100. It would be unfair to have someone have limit of 100 Points and other one 150. So, he made the rule. This might have been also implemented to punish the inactive users I believe.

@Sheridan may enlighten what made him do so.

I feel that this was required. Earlier, there were hardly 1000 active users and now there are more than 2000 active users. So, in order to keep this site alive, such a step was necessary.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I don’t feel this is equal treatment at all. I feel like because the site admitted new members the old ones have had to suffer the consequences.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Honestly I feel bad, I feel it is unfair, but when I absorb something on the reply of Sheridan on a specific thread this is for the site I finally realized this is a good move for the site, of course not for the members who are relying on Blogjob earnings. If only I have a job I would not feel this, for sure I will not going to rely on Blogjob and treat blogjob as a bonus, but if it will make the site to stay for long, and go far, why not. I will always accept the changes, whether it will affect me or not but surely I will feel bad. I will not deny it. Even if I feel bad, I am staying and still feel grateful for the immediate changes to save the site.

blueberry
    Participant

I guess we are all having the same dilemma 🙁

peachpurple
    Participant

I used to post teo posts per day plus 50 comments. Now with 100 points, i post 1 post and spend the rest of the time commenting.

It is sad and shocking, it will take 3.3months to reach $100 now

nakitakona13
    Participant

It is very sad to know about your dissatisfaction on the changes effected here. I am still in the process of observing things here. My daily limit is 100 points. I have to double time to increase my followers or referrals to 100 so that my limit point would be increased.

shaloowalia
    Participant

After reduction of daily limit, I am focused on writing two posts daily. I have reduced interactions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.