On which site have you been a member for the longest time?

Activity Forums Writing Content On which site have you been a member for the longest time?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author

Narayan
      Participant

We all write in multiple sites. Some of us have been writing for many years and have seen many sites come, flourish and vanish.
      I would like to know which site has been the oldest for you being a member.

TAlberts
      Participant

Iยดm writing at Hubpages for almost 5 years. This is my main and my first writing site.

Narayan
        Participant

@TAlberts Many long time writers have been members of Hubpages/Squidoo I guess..or at least they have given them a try once! It’s been a very old and successful site so far!

iyanpol12
      Participant

I think Bubblews but I stopped writing there. For now, it’s Humanatic.

Narayan
        Participant

@iyanpol12 I’ve been on humanatic for almost 2 years, but have earned very little. These days it’s got really bad.. unable to earn anything!

gina145
      Participant

I’ve been at HubPages for three years, but I’ve never published a lot of articles there.

I’ve been a member of WebAnswers a little longer than that, but I’ve never done very well there either. I seem to spend more of my time there reading up on topics that interest me and don’t find a lot of questions I want to answer. Right now that site seems to be undergoing some sort of revamp and at the moment it’s down a lot of the time.

Narayan
        Participant

@gina145 It’s hard to write such specific types like question & answer. Even with open sites like blogjob, bubblews, etc, we used to face writer’s block many times! I think you have now begun to publish more on HP?

gina145
        Participant

No @laksh, I don’t write a lot at HubPages because those articles need to be long and detailed. While I was writing at Bubblews I got used to writing shorter articles and I got lazy. My most recent article at HubPages was one promoting BlogJob.

At WebAnswers some of the questions are difficult to answer but some people ask things about other users so it’s possible to find easy ones. I just don’t find them very interesting so I don’t usually bother.

spark187
      Participant

I’ve been a member of Triond the longest, but I’ve also posted on Wikinut, Bubblews and Expert Column.

dawnwriter
      Participant

I was a member of Helium.com for many years before it shut down. Then Bubblews before it collapsed.

I lost money on CGP Gallery and joined BestWriters too but I did not write there much.

Chatabout is a good site but very slow for non-US members

Now Persona Paper, and Blogjob but I have not redeemed any money on these sites yet.

Narayan
        Participant

@dawnwriter It’s rather a sad thing that most of the sites close down or stop paying.. I left chatabout soon after reading the bad reviews. I am also yet to get paid in blogjob and PP. My oldest site is myLot.

dawnwriter
        Participant

I am not a member, but I know many people were very excited when MyLot started paying again. In fact, the activity at Persona paper suffered because many active members deserted PP after MyLot became active again.

Narayan
        Participant

@dawnwriter Yes, that’s a lovely site too.. You can call it a pioneer of paid-to-post. I don’t remember any other site having such a concept back then! And they paid promptly, every time, for soooo long!! It’s obvious for those old members to rush back there to check on the site, as they owe to that site for them still being online writers ๐Ÿ™‚

ptrk12
        Participant

I too was on helium for some time.

inertia4
      Participant

Well, I think for me it’s split. I was on MyLot for a long time, a few years before they sold it and stopped paying. Then Bubblews came along and I was and still am there for two years now. I am also on Persona Paper. But MyLot was bought back by the original owners and started paying again. So, I am active there also now.

Narayan
        Participant

@inertia4 Yeah, myLot is back..It’s a good place to be in, but the earnings are rather slow, as it always has been with it.

inertia4
        Participant

I don’t find the earning slow there at all. Compared to other sites like it, they pay way better. Most of these sites are slow earners. Like Bubblews these days. And even Persona Paper. I was with a few other sites that it took forever to earn on. I am hoping it is different here.

ptrk12
        Participant

Oh, so Mylot is paying again? Since when?

toiken
      Participant

My venture into revenue-sharing content sites led me to Knoji (previously Factoidz) where I wrote product reviews, how-to guides, parenting tips etc. It was pretty awesome as there were more ways to earn like sharing coupons and answering questions but like everything in the universe, everything must die.

And so did Knoji die and along with it the almost $400 passive income I receive in my Paypal every month. The site is still there but its just a monument of what it was once.

Narayan
        Participant

Oh, so knoji also has bitten the dust?!
        Wow! $400 a month was awesome!! Really amazing.. It’s a big blow to your online earning then! Sorry, mate!

iyanpol12
      Participant

@laksh we’re getting few calls right now.

marygoround
      Participant

wow awesome blogs,i now learn from you guys. have a nice day everyone!

Karen Fainges
      Participant

I’ve been on Triond the longest but I have been having real trouble with the site continually giving errors. Anyone else had this, or better, know how to fix it?

peachpurple
      Participant

I had been at hubpages for five years too. Just like thelma.

Narayan
        Participant

Oh.. Good old hubbie friends ๐Ÿ˜› So do you both take each other wherever you go online? ๐Ÿ˜›

TAlberts
        Participant

What do you mean by “take each other” @laksh ? I have not visited Hubpages for a few days now.

ptrk12
      Participant

I have been on Wikinut since 2012. Earlier I was on Mylot – joined 2007 and then Mypage5- 2009, but no longer active there.

Narayan
        Participant

@ptrk12 Wow! you were on mylot? I’m sure your account is still there..maybe you can return ๐Ÿ™‚ And I knew about your long-term membership with wikinut ๐Ÿ™‚

ptrk12
        Participant

I just learnt that Mylot has started paying again- I logged on just now ๐Ÿ™‚

ptrk12
        Participant

Whats ur id there?

luciaanna
      Participant

@laksh I’d say bubblews: about two years

rextrulove

I’d say probably eLance. I’d have to check my records, but I think I joined eLance before I joined Bubblews.

Candi
      Participant

The only site that I have been able to really stick to and find lots of fun while earning is Tsu. I even post about it on my blogs here.
      It’s like mylot and facebook. You earn from the content you post. And after getting paid last month I am totally sticking to it 100%. It’s fun.

Shane
      Participant

Maybe Chatabout. It’s been half a year that I’m a member to the site.

iyanpol12
      Participant

@Shane do you still write there in CA?

cgalavia
      Participant

It’s Bubblews and Mylot….

munda23
      Participant

I was using bubblews but got only disappointed. But i use some apps like cashpirate where i am getting paid. And i used Peko also.

Narayan
        Participant

What is peko, my friend?

dinuka
      Participant

Forumcoin. I haven’t been there for even a year but that is the oldest site I have been.

Bharat Sharma
        Participant

What, they are on blacklist of BBB ? They deserved it.

rextrulove

@bharatsharma08, they got blacklisted because of the number of complains and the class action lawsuits that were filed. It isn’t easy to get on the BBB black list, but it is even harder to get off that list, once they put you on it.

meowanji
      Participant

Bubblews, almost a year then I stopped because they stopped paying.

I am on expertscolumn

SHOHANA
      Participant

i decide to join writing sites again as now a days earning sites sucks

Danny
      Participant

reading and viewing your post give me some information where to post in other site.

TAlberts
      Participant

@laksh though Hubpages has a lot of changes, I am still contented there and receive my regular passive payment. I’m still a member at Bubblews but lost my mojo in writing there. I still need ca.20$ to redeem.

angie10
      Participant

I’ve been working online for a year now, and the first online site I ever worked on is PostLoop, which I still write for. I guess we all become attached to the first sites we started out with.

ptrk12
      Participant

For me, Mylot makes the cut for being the oldest – though in terms of getting rewards, I was on contests2win.com before that and made some prizes there.

Nana
      Participant

I was on bubblews three years and here about the same or longer

Narayan
      Participant

@spark187 and @lysa2
      I joined Triond when it was paying high, but I didn’t like the fact that they published my post in random sites that looked cheap..I immediately left.

Narayan
      Participant

Oh I’m hearing about fanbox for the first time..Are they still paying? How is it compared to blogjob?

Adelee Gals
      Participant

@glorious1969

Hi,in fanbox do we need to put money there?Thank you.

Narayan
      Participant

@lysa2 I still wonder how it is online even now! I think they are doing good after getting rid of non-US and non-UK members!!

Narayan
      Participant

@peterstreep Me too.. I worked on Dailytwocents which also is a wordpress site. Of all the sites I’ve tried so far, I’ve liked blogjob the most.

Narayan
      Participant

@rummenigge11 hehe ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes, I have to agree that it was a site that realized the dreams of so many of us who wanted to earn online. It was quick also..We could earn $25 in a week!! Well, it’s time to move on though..

rextrulove

I still remember cashing out 2-3 times a week and know one person who was cashing out daily, at bubblews. Payment was fast, too; three days. Now it takes forever to get to cashout and even longer to get paid. I last requested payment at bubblews on Sept 16 and haven’t received it yet.

Narayan
      Participant

@rextrulove It’s in fact a great feat in itself that you reached payout there!!! For me, I am sure I will never be able to cashout again.. so I have just stopped logging in!

rextrulove

@laksh I used to get paid with regularity, until last year when they stopped paying what they’d promised. At that point, they ‘swallowed’ some substantial funds that were owed to me. I decided that since I was close to another payout, I’d go ahead and reach it. Last December, if I remember right, they said that they would only pay people on time if they lived in the US, Canada, UK or Australia. Anyone else would have to wait a ridiculous amount of time, like 6 months. Still, I’m a US citizen, pressed the payout button on Sept 16, and here it is, Oct 22. I don’t know if I’ll ever see the money, to be honest.

rextrulove

I still know quite a few people at Bubblews, though, and do pop in there from time to time, mostly to help them by viewing and commenting on what they’ve written. Bubblews is on the Better Business Bureau’s black list, so I don’t know if they’ll ever do the right thing by the people who’ve written there. Only time will tell.

Narayan
      Participant

@rextrulove OMG! This clearly shows that they have not changed a bit! They are still lying and fooling the members. It’s really risky to spend time somewhere when we are not sure whether we would be paid after waiting for so long! Good that I quit it!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.