Multiple Facebook and Twitter Accounts

Activity Forums Social Marketing Multiple Facebook and Twitter Accounts

This topic contains 35 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Lee Ka 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

thisnthat
    Participant

How do you make multiple accounts on social media sites like FB and Twitter without having them tied to your personal account? It says you have to put in your real information. If you do that, won’t it link right up with your personal stuff? I don’t want that. I want the ones I make for promotion to be completely separate.

shaloowalia
    Participant

Then use fake information for signing up. I think that’s what others do.

I never used fake information. I used different names that I wrote under.

nakitakona13
      Participant

@brendamarie, that would be safer. Though you have different usernames, but the information you use for your profile is the same all throughout.

angie10
      Participant

@shaloowalia….really?! I personally wouldn’t be happy making up fake details LOL

GAUTAM PENDHARKAR
    Participant

Users were able to create fake accounts earlier but Facebook is clamping up on the fake account by making mobile and other identifications compulsory for users. Slowly but surely they will crack up on the fake accounts.

U can use fake information to create it but again, it is question of how long u can run away from FB admins.

I can understand ur prob, marketers do need multiple account for work.

angie10
      Participant

@GAUTAM PENDHARKAR….and that’s exactly my problem with fake accounts. Even if you are not, it makes you look like you’re getting up to no good LOL

thisnthat
      Participant

I kind of understand that, but at the same time, I really prefer to keep my private life private. I mean, I don’t mind talking about general things, but I don’t want to link family photos, personal messages/issues, or stuff like that in with my “business” accounts.

I will try the pen name thing, but yeah, I don’t want to make up fake info.

Diya
    Participant

Dear I have no idea about it.

Pinay Blogger
    Participant

Multiple accounts on Twitter is allowed. On Facebook you can create one profile and multiple pages. On Facebook profile you can add limited friends and on pages you can receive million likes

Lee Ka
      Participant

On your Facebook pages, the followers will not be able to view your personal account’s information since they are not friends, am I right?

gina145
      Participant

@kaka135 From my experience that’s correct. I’ve got two pages at Facebook and my name doesn’t appear on them.

Lee Ka
      Participant

@gina145 Thanks Gina for your help again. I will try to set it up and learn how to work the Facebook page. 🙂

TAlberts
    Participant

I have noticed that some are not using their real names and there are children under 10 years who are in fb but faked their ages. I used my real name but created a few pages for my town, my cakes and recipes and for my writings where I have some members on it.😀

Mely
    Participant

I have 4 FB accounts all under my name, but different in email addresses.

nakitakona13
    Participant

Creating different accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and another social media is too risky. It won’t give you a good thing, so to speak. Yes, I do agree with others of calling it a “fake” social media account.

priscillaking
    Participant

I say, just say no to Facebook and any other site that demands anybody’s real name or phone number. I’ve never regretted my first decision in cyberspace: pick a name (originally half a dozen names) that nobody else is using, and, if it generates any business, register it as a business. “Priscilla King” is now a real, registered *brand* name that I use on tax forms and *could* use on Facebook…but I don’t approve of their encouraging anyone to display any part of their real-world identity or contact information on the Internet, so I don’t do Facebook.

thisnthat
    Participant

I hear ya, Priscilla. I don’t like any part of giving out so much personal information.

Good idea, Brenda. I’ll just use a pen name.

Anne-Marie Guyer
    Participant

I have two Facebooks, one for my family and friends and the other that focuses on a sport I like. I use my real info. I use my real name but change it a little for the Sports account.

thisnthat
      Participant

And, how does that work? Does your sports account link to your friends and family account in any way? I really want to keep my F & F account completely separate.

Lee Ka
      Participant

Thanks for asking this question. I’d like to separate my personal and working online Facebook accounts as well, but I would not like to risk by giving fake information too.

nakitakona13
    Participant

I don’t want to gamble myself to creating various Facebook account and to other social media under a fake account. As I have mentioned, it is too risky especially when you are earning online, especially when you are using some money processor like PayPal which you couldn’t use a fake account for that matter.

SadieMarie
    Participant

Well I know that you are technically not suppose to on Facebook. And if caught they could close it down. But some do it. You can create multiple pages. I have a couple of different twitter accounts.

nakitakona13
      Participant

There is no question in multiple groups or pages in the Facebook an account user may have. It is not a problem, but to maintain a “fake” various accounts are in violation of their terms and conditions, I believe.

angie10
    Participant

Wow, I never even knew people did that LOL I just have my personal account and another for my small clothing business LOL I don’t even frequent the clothes page because that business is parked for now, but still seem to get views and likes.

nakitakona13
      Participant

Wherever you go, there is always an irregular business dealing. In everything, there is always an opposition. It is no wonder that people do exist for such fraudulent act of getting money or in getting rich.

thisnthat
    Participant

It would be nice if they would let you have more than one without tying them together. I mean, back when I was a bit more seriously into gaming, I would have liked to have an account to share with people I met in game. I don’t know why these companies think you want to give out every bit of personal information to people you really don’t know.

I love how you can make friends and visit on here, without violating your family’s privacy. I still get a good sense of people and feel like I get to know them (without digging through their lives). I feel like they’ll tell me what they want me to know. I”m good with that.

Super Spy
    Participant

You can have multiple accounts as many people have a public and private profile. While fake accounts are not officially allowed, we know they exist. Basically as long as you have another email address you can sign up, however, validating it is harder as you do need to have a phone number.

DW Davis
    Participant

I have several FB pages, but all are tied to my main profile. It makes keeping up with things easier. One of my pages is to promote myself as an author, two for my first two books, another for promoting books or articles written by others that I want to share.

I only have one Twitter account, though. It’s all I can handle.

monsterjar03
    Participant

I haven’t tried creating multiple accounts. I only maintain one.

nakitakona13
      Participant

Well, if you are a serious writer or a freelance writer, you need several connections, followers and various accounts in the Facebook will surely be of great help.

Jyothi
    Participant

having multiple social media sites are good for sharing your offers or articles to get more views but you have to create fake accounts, I have two facebook accounts but not fake real I will use both for sharing and earning points.

Manuela Lopes
    Participant

I only have one facebook account and I help my mother with her page. I don’t want to share business stuff on my personal facebook, but I don’t know if I have time to another account.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.