Activity Forums Blog Monetization Money blogging

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author

Alex
      Participant

how to make money blogging?

SadieMarie
      Participant

You make money by getting points. You can redeem those points for gift cards or even money.

kendra
      Participant

Just keep a posting here and making useful, fun, blog posts and you will definitely start earning, Truphosah! 🙂

Glad you’re here!

Robert Stukowski
      Participant

Most blog monetization comes from advertising and donations. We earn points here as well, but BlogJob only pays us the equivalent of $0.50 per post (provided you don’t cash out until to earn 10000 points).

Andy Kravetz
        Participant

So am I to understand that the only way to earn money on this site is through their points. Can we set up affiliate click sharing programs or can we reap the revenue from the ads that are on our site. they are using wordpress.com as their CMC so it’s not like it is costing them tons of cash. Thoughts?

Admin
        Participant

Points are not the only way to earn on the site. You can display ads on you blogs as well by setting your ad code in the “Settings > Advertising” page in your blog’s dashboard. Your ads will display 75% of the time and the sites ads will display 25% of the time. You are also allowed to use affiliate links on your site. There are several plugins from Prosperent that you can activate in your dashboard which make it easy to promote affiliate programs on your blogs. You’re also allowed to use affiliate links from other affiliate programs such as Amazon.com if you wish.

henry
      Participant

I wasn’t aware that we can earn in a different way by displaying ads on our blogs and also adding affiliate links like amazon here besides the normal points. Anyway, does it mean that we can now add our own adsense account code, or is it about different ads networks @Sheridan?

Admin
        Participant

I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly Henry. It appears that you have Chitika ads set up on your blog already. If you asking whether earnings from Adsense and affiliate links are automatically integrated into the site, then no not at this time, although there are plans to implement this in the future. For now you still have to set up your own advertising and affiliate accounts and add the tracking code to your blogs.

Andy Kravetz
      Participant

I send that. I tried to set up an account with AdSense, despite what others are saying about the program, but they refused me as they said my phone number — which works — isn’t valid. I tried to use dashes, parentheses, mashing together and with and without the area code.

I then tried to get with an affiliate program. They asked me to sign up and nothing, It seems that they are all rejecting the http://www.blogjob.com URLs. Thoughts.

Admin
      Participant

It may be difficult to get approved for adsense and some affiliate programs if you don’t already have an established website that is receiving a lot of traffic. There are some advertising companies, like Chitika.com and Prosperent.com, that have no requirements to join. Once you get an account you can add the Chitika ad code to the “Settings > Advertising” page and you can use your Prosperent API key to activate the prosper plugins that are available in your blogs dashboard.

You may want to mention the phone number issue you’re having when applying for adsense in their support forum.

Andy Kravetz
      Participant

Thanks. I got it work by using my existing, non Blogjob.com, site. For some reason, they will not allow the Blogjob.com URL. I have set up AdSense on my personal page, http://www.andykravetz.com. Do you know if they will allow you to have multiple things on one page. I.E. adsense, prosperent.com, chtikia, or however it is spelled. You get the idea…..

Admin
        Participant

I’m glad you got it figured out. The Adsense application only allows you to enter top level domains (yoursite.com) and won’t let you apply with a subdomain site (yoursite.domain.com) or a subfolder site (domain.com/yoursite). Once your account is approved though, you’re allowed to place ads on your subdomain and subfolder sites as well.

If you have an adsense ads showing on your blog there isn’t a reason to display ads from Chitika as well, since Adsense pays much better and the ads are more relevant. They do allow it but if the user experience suffers from too many ads they may have an issue with that. You are allowed to use affiliate links and banners as well, in moderation and as long as the products you promote are compliant with the Adsense Prohibited Content Policy.

Michelle
      Participant

Hello Sheridan,

I just want to know if Chitika and Prosperent requires top level domains. I’m planning to create a website using blogspot as subdomain so I won’t spend that much in paying domain name and hosting service.

Thanks.

Admin
        Participant

@mikmapa No they don’t require a top level domain, but Blogspot doesn’t have a way to add Chitika or Prosperent. You can apply for an Adsense account through Blogspot though, which usually pays better than chitika.

Michelle
        Participant

Thank you for the information @sheridan. It helps me a lot.

Pamela
      Participant

@Sheridan, how do you add advertising to your advertising in settings? It’s asking for an ad code. What is that and how do I find them? Thanks in advance!

Admin
      Participant

You would need to first get an account with an advertising network. Adsense is probably the best paying but it’s difficult to get approved for an account without having an established website and your own domain. Chitika is an alternative that is easy to get started using. Once you sign up you can copy the ad code from your advertising account and add the code to the settings page in your blog’s dashboard. Your ads will then start displaying on your blog and you’ll be able to start earning revenue through the ad network.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

You can either have your own blog or you can join revenue sharing sites like this. I am doing the revenue sharing.

Simona Abdi
      Participant

My account on Chitika was not approved, I don’t know why. 🙁

realityspeaks
      Participant

Write a lot about what you like and place ad networks on your blogs/articles, the cents will start trickling.

priscillaking
      Participant

My Blogspot was supposed to have Ad Sense ads from the beginning, but never did. We’d agreed on a contact point to use for the address, since no home address should ever be used on the Internet. It seems the owner of that address *used to* have a Go Daddy account, in previous years. I got some sort of garbage message about multiple accounts not being allowed. The ads I’m seeing are contextual (although I’m seeing some I definitely don’t want to see on *my* pages–or anywhere, like gross-out images of disease conditions) but I hope I don’t need Ad Sense to get paid here.

SadieMarie
      Participant

No you do not need adsense to get paid here. You can also use chitika as well to monetize your blog. Blogjob is great because it’s like a learning center for bloggers. And you get paid to blog too! They
      encourage you to learn & apply additional ways to make money with your blog such as affiliate marketing, mlm etc. So you don’t just have to depend on blogjob to make an income.

jkct01
        Participant

Your advice is enlightening. I have learned something from you. Thanks 🙂

cristiane8228
      Participant

Hello guys I’m really perdidinha here on this blog site I do not know how to use and so the peopl you guys help for anyone who can help me I thank you from the heart

realityspeaks
        Participant

On this site you can accumulate points for different tasks. You can redeem those points for gifts or cash.

Jeanette Hall
      Participant

Been trying to earn money from blogging literally for years! Haven’t made a single clipped penny yet.

TAlberts
      Participant

Thanks to all the interactions here. I am new and still building my ropes.

marygoround
      Participant

my friend asked me if she can accumulate points from her facebook friends/likers if she shared her blog in facebook account.thank u!

azaz
      Participant

poste as more as you can and probably you can redeem points in blogjob

azaz
      Participant

i think you can cash out 5$ when you 2000pts

azaz
      Participant

it is easy just go to tab sites it takes second to make a site

joseph
      Participant

i also tried chikita but have not received any feedback, i am wholly relying on views and referral programs to earn; i am okay with though.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Oh I learned a lot on this thread by just simply reading it, I can apply some. I only have Chitika and it is present in one of my blogsite here in Blogjob.

jkct01
      Participant

Yes indeed. I am still learning.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.