Making Long Distance Relationship Work

Activity Forums General Discussion Making Long Distance Relationship Work

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Jhe Eres
      Participant

It’s been 8months since I last saw him. I want our relationship to last and be successful. Anybody from a strong long distance relationship here? 🙂

SadieMarie
      Participant

My boyfriend and I live somewhat far about 30 min away but I wouldn’t exactly consider it long distance. We end up seeing each other at least 2-3 times a week on average.

sweetcandy
      Participant

He’s foreign, its definitely risky to be apart but worth a try. Its so important to maintain and establish an emotional connection, take advantage of d internet as it shows u care enough to put in time and effort. And as the saying goes,”Absence makes the heart grow fonder”…;)

Jhe Eres
        Participant

yes I think that’s not long distance 😀 hahah

Jhe Eres
        Participant

salute! I also think that as long as there’s communication, trust, loyalty, love nothing could go wrong

xelaiehm
      Participant

I’ve been in a long distance relationship. When my husband needs to go overseas to work. It was 3 years to live apart. But we survived those years. I think there’s no distance that could hinder true love. For as long as you love each other distance don’t really matter 😉

Jhe Eres
      Participant

thats true @xelaiehm 🙂 i hope mine would be as successful as yours 🙂

xelaiehm
        Participant

Of course you will! If both of you will work on it. It will surely be successful 😉 Good luck!

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I think you can make a long distance relation ship work if you have feelings for one another and you do see each other every now and again. But if you have never met then I could see that falling apart.

jsnitz08
      Participant

First of all, 30 min away def not long distance. I was in two long distance relationships. One failed, and one well you can say was a success since we’re engaged now 🙂 (We are not long distance anymore)

The keys to success for long distance relationships are trust, honesty, communication and commitment. Both of you must be willing AND able to see each other at some point. This was the MAJOR reason why my first relationship failed. He did come see me once and we spent a week together,and I went to see him for a week…. we talked mostly every day. Then it started it to become once a week we would talk,and less and less. He would put off his next trip to see me by a month, then by 2 months, then by 3…and so on. I began to really think if I wanted to continue like this. It was too painful to be let down that many times, so I told him..I wanted to see other people. He still played some games of saying he missed me, and I could’ve been weak and taken him back, but I was strong and realized it was all a game because he hasn’t seen me in almost a year, and kept putting off the further date.
      So, this is my case of my “failed” long distance relationship. I did learn from this experience and vowed to never go through it again.

When I met my Fiance, I knew one of us had to move to the other eventually, as I had a feeling it was real from the beginning. (No we did not start dating until we met, that is a HUGE mistake). After our first visit, he came back to visit me a month later…that’s when I knew I had to make this work. I saw him a month after that,and the rest is history. I ended up moving to him, because the distance was too hard and I needed change. We talked EVERY day and night, he would call me in the morning to wake me up, and I would call him when I was off of work, we Hardly missed a night.This is the key, communication and the desire to be together. Some things you can’t force, if its meant to be it’ll be, if not you just have to move on.
      Just ask yourself, do you really want to wait for someone? If you really think its worth it, wait, if not take a break and try out your options.

Jhe Eres
      Participant

thank you @jsnitz08 for sharing your story. 🙂 mine was since he’s working abroad and has a contract for two yrs we have to wait patiently. It’s been 8months but so far so good 🙂 we always chat each other almost everyday 🙂 2days straight of not beeping each other feels really a long time 🙂 I can see that he loves me as much as i do to him. I ‘ve been to a long distance relationship before but it didn’t work so I reall hope this one does 🙂

Danae
      Participant

I used to be in a long distance relationship. Clear communication and trust was key for the relationship, at least in my case. It was pretty successful.

Stephanie C
      Participant

I am in a weird relationship when it comes to distance. We are together sometimes, and sometimes we are worlds away from each other.

My husband is active duty military, so, when he is deployed, we are essentially in a long distance relationship. I believe that, if you work hard and have solid trust between you two, then you can get through just about anything.

jkct01
      Participant

It is not easy to make it work but it is not impossible. It needs you both working together.

marygoround
      Participant

well, we are in a long distance relationship and we meet once a year,he come here in my country coz i refused to visit in his country.

jkct01
        Participant

Why do you refuse to visit his country?

cessy08
      Participant

It takes a lot of hard-work, patience, and trust to make long distance relationship work. Both of you need to stay committed to it and find time for each other, despite the distance. Unless the two of you knows your boundaries and know that it is hard but still willing to make things work, then long distance relationship will never work.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.