Losing someone

Activity Forums General Discussion Losing someone

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

moonphased
      Participant

Have you ever lost someone close to your heart? How did you deal with it?

Pegasus
      Participant

Are you okay? I have lost many close to my heart unfortunately. I feel like I’ve lost more than I should by 38 years of age, but here I am. How do I deal with it? One day at a time. It eventually doesn’t always hurt, it will be little things that remind you of the person and it will hurt all over again, but it won’t be constant forever.

moonphased
        Participant

Yes, I’m okay, I was just wondering since I’ve seen a lot of people who aren’t able to deal with losing people and they’ve gotten medications from their doctor etc. Your way of dealing with it seems much better, I’ve always said that time heals, but unfortunately not everybody thinks like that, at least not the people I’ve seen that has gotten their lives ruined.

Amalthea Hustles
      Participant

Yes. No. I don’t know.

I’ve “lost” people who have not died, but simply gotten away from me. I probably do not heal fast enough, I have cried a lot, for months, years after losing them. I just… I try to fill my life with active things, real things that deserve my attention now, rather than letting myself pine so much that it hurts.

And a girl I went to high school with, who I took into my home for a time died last year. She had a lifetime of addiction… I told you her story, @moonphased — I don’t know if she was “close to my heart,” any more, but I am haunted by what happened to her, ultimately.

But yes, mostly trying to make sure my life has enough things worthwhile in it that I don’t waste time mourning too long is important, I think.

moonphased
        Participant

Yes, you told me about her. I understand that it hurts even if she wasn’t close to your heart because you took care of her and it’s always sad to see someone lose their life to something like that. Don’t dwell in the past, at least not dwell by the thought of the people you have lost because they’re never coming back, no matter how much you want it to happen. Remember them though, don’t forget them.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I have lost many people. I have dealt with it in many ways. I lost my temper, I cried and I had support to help me get through it all.

moonphased
        Participant

Well, the only way to deal with loss is getting it out of your system, so crying is a good thing and I understand that you lost your temper at times, I have done so too. Support is the main ingredient to get over loss, it’s very important to have people around you that care.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I’ve lost a couple pets near and dear to my heart and my grandmother and miscarried my baby.

moonphased
        Participant

I’m so sorry to hear that, Sadie! It has to be awful to lose a grandmother and miscarry your baby…

Zacc
      Participant

Sorry to all who have lost their loved ones. I choose to hide and cry alone for a moment then I am ok. If not, I will take a few minutes smoking.

jkct01
      Participant

I lost my good friend when I was 18. I cried like a river in his funeral. I still feel sad when I think of him.

lejla1311
      Participant

Dring the war in my country, people have lost closest members of their familiey. They were brutally killed and tortured. Luckily I didn’t lose anyone close to me, but a some distant cousin from my mother’s side has lost his entire family. They were put in a house and burned alive. That man had a lot of problems to overcome that pain. I remember that eveyrone was talking about him for some time. He died few years ago. I can not even think how he must have felt. 🙁

The Writing Mama
      Participant

Losing my grandmother was hard, but I didn’t see her as much as I did when I was a kid which I guess helped a bit. I know this will be weird to some, but the hardest loss for me was a pet. During my pregnancy, my husband became distant and pulled away and I became deeply depressed. I ended up coming across this puppy, but it had already been sold. Later the girl contacted me and said that she had been brought back if I still wanted her. She was a black and grey Aussie/Husky with bright blue eyes named Skye. She pulled me through the depression. She saved me. So when she had to be put down at only 2 years old due to kidney disease I was absolutely devastated. I cried…a lot. I screamed at the universe. I screamed into a pillow. I didn’t sleep for two days. It’s hard not being able to save someone/something that saved you. Time is what it took, but 2 years later and I still cry when I think about her.

TAlberts
      Participant

Yes, I have and it´s very hard. Though some have thought I have not suffered from losing my mother, I am still suffering inside.

nerdieeds
      Participant

Very hard to move on. But my mother wanted me to move on – I know she is watching over us. It was difficult because my youngest brother was 5 years old when my mother died.

cessy08
      Participant

It is a painful process but over time, things will get better. Time does not really heal wounds, but time allows you to hurt less.

Maricel
      Participant

I have lost my brother, my grandfather, my grandmother, my baby, those were the painful and the hardest thing I have felt during that moment. Acceptance is difficult at first but life must go on and we have to overcome it for us to keep our life going.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.