License For parenthood

Activity Forums General Discussion License For parenthood

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

SadieMarie
      Participant

Do you think licenses should be required for parenthood? Why or why not?

SadieMarie
      Participant

I agree to some extent. Though I think some negatives may be avoided by requiring it. Though I personally have never had my own so I can’t fully know what that is like.

priscillaking
      Participant

I think God/Nature issues the license for parenthood. If people think parenting classes will help them, they’re probably right…I don’t think classes should be required.

Jessica
      Participant

I think classes would help the future parents that are dedicated to parenthood but aren’t sure what to expect and/or want information on modern parenting issues and techniques. Classes would be pointless for the people who aren’t into their impending parenthood and ignore everything anyway. Because there’s so many types of future parents (not one size fits all!), I couldn’t support a law requiring parenting classes because those classes may not even be effective. Furthermore, required parenting classes would need funding and being located in areas that the majority of people could get to. Solving those conundrums would be, well, conundrums.

Voncee
      Participant

Why don’t we ask our parents if they hold any license to keep us… just imagine if human need a license to raise their child… creapy..
      Classes maybee needed for a new married couple whom waitig their first child or a single parent… if they have sufficient time n income…
      Well everything goes back to that person. Whether he/she want to put a sunny day or a dark view around their household.

Sorry for my bad english..

SadieMarie
      Participant

Idk I mean I really think it could hopefully prevent things like child abuse. Sure some could fake it, get the license & then do what they want. Just like getting a drivers license. Sure many people drive recklessly, break the driving law but imagine if any one could get into a car and be on the road. Would you want to venture into a world like that? I’d be scared I’d imagine. Lol Requiring a parenting license may prevent bad parenting, child abuse and even other horrible crime. Yes everyone should be given the right but what about mentally unstable people? Manipulative people? Those that give children drugs or neglect them? Would preventing that be so bad? Sure it’s nice to think they will be found out but that isn’t always the case.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.