Kids and Eating

Activity Forums General Discussion Kids and Eating

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Pegasus
      Participant

If you have kids, are they good at trying new foods? What have you successfully gotten them to try that you were proud of?

We just went to sushi and my big kid tried bbq tuna and loved it (now I have to share) and my younger son tried tofu by accident (thought it was something else and we all just stayed quiet til he was done) which he didn’t care for, veggie tempura which he loved and breaded chicken called karrage which he loved too

jsnitz08
      Participant

That’s awesome you got your kids to try “new” foods. It’s important to start them young on the healthy stuff so they develop the taste buds for it. 🙂

Pegasus
        Participant

Thanks 🙂 They’re quite a bit older and where very picky when they were younger, but their tastebuds are expanding so I am happy about that for them and myself 🙂 More options for dinner now lol

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

Mine are not picky about what they eat really. they will try new things. The best thing I have gotten them to eat is vegetables in which they use to hate.

kendra
      Participant

LOL. You’re good! Those sound really hard to convince a kid to eat. 😉

Not kids of my own, but nieces and nephews…
      I’ve been really proud of what a good sport my niece is when it comes to trying new things. Bless her heart, she’ll try anything for me & she’s 4. She’s my little trooper — the only one who’s right beside me sipping on the icky health drinks while we both wrinkle our noses. But she’ll do it as long as she can before I say “you don’t have to like it, you know” and she’s all relieved and says “oh then can I PLEASE spit it out now!?” LOL. We’ve tried kefir together (which I actually like, especially strawberry flavored) and chia seeds, mineral shakes (chocolate and vanilla flavors and vanilla was awful!) Wheatgrass juice… Seaweed… Oh wow. I’m terrible. LOL. Now that I think about how awful that stuff tastes… poor baby. Ha Ha. She really enjoys trying new stuff, even if she knows there’s not a good chance of it being delicious.

My oldest nephew, who’s 14 is the same as us — he’ll try anything, but he actually likes the gross stuff. He will eat seaweed straight, by itself and not stop until the stuff’s gone! YUCK. That stuff is seriously some of the most disgusting things I’ve ever put in my mouth, and I’ve had some pretty disgusting stuff in there. Ha Ha Ha. He loves seafood, though and has tried all sea food. I can’t think of any he hasn’t tried. And he loves every bit of it.

He actually has weird tastes. He drinks those icky tasteless teas that come in all sorts of odd flavors. But he sweetens them, so they’re tolerable. I can’t sweeten them because it tears my stomach up, so I have to endure them! Lol. I’ve gotten used to the herbal teas I keep on had, but they still are not delicious and they bloat me. :/

I can’t think of any of the other odd stuff those two have tried, but pretty much anything I ask them to, and even more than that for the nephew! The rest of my nieces and nephews are absolutely not going to try new things. NOT even consider it.

jkct01
      Participant

My grand son likes vegetable ever since he started to eat solid food. I think it is amazing.

lejla1311
      Participant

My baby girl who is only five months old likes to eat everything. I am slowly giving her some new foods and she is reacting perfectly. She is not one of those babies who don’t eat a lot and who are picky. She loves food 😀

jkct01
        Participant

It is joyful for parents to see their children eating heartily.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.