JOB II

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

kendralala
      Participant

Do you think it’s better for an employer to be respected by employees or to be liked by employees?

Zacc
      Participant

I think both are good but respect should be a two way thing between the employer and the employees.

henry
      Participant

A good employer employee relationship shoud have both but respect overides.

kendralala
      Participant

exactly, but sometimes only the word RESPECT is needed by someone,.. he requires respect in a sense that he will be hated because of his overrides 😀

SadieMarie
      Participant

I think both are needed. But at the same time if one only respects but dislikes them that sounds like a recipe for disaster. I guess you can catch more bees with honey and make things run smoother if your liked first even though respect is almost vital.

SadieMarie
      Participant

For me I have several managers some so dislike and fear with respect and while I try to follow there rules I don’t go out of my way to do extras for them. The ones that are cool and nice that I like I don’t mind following there lead and sometimes try to do more for them. In the end the feared yet respected will have some sort of resentment and less commitment while the liked will have dedication. Though that’s just my perspective.

Stephanie C
      Participant

I think respect is necessary, especially if you are in an authoritative position. People will try to take advantage if you’re too nice…

waflay
      Participant

I think how well the employer relates with the employees will make one to earn respect.

kendralala
      Participant

when one is in the position, he has to be authoritative. the goal to be regarded as someone important but not acting nice is a disaster. That is based on my observation. It is also right that being nice leads to be being taken advantage. I guess it is possible to have both at a time. Be authoritative but do not forget to be nice 🙂

jsnitz08
      Participant

I agree that a good employee relationship is respect on both ends.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.