Jetpack

Activity Forums Website Design Jetpack

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Pamela
      Participant

I’ve tried at least 3 times to install Jetpack on my site, but it keeps telling me I don’t have sufficient permissions. Is this because I haven’t actually published a post yet, or is it a blogjob thing, or what? I’m getting really frustrated. I want to get posts and pages up, as well as Jetpack, before I take my site public, but if it won’t let me install Jetpack, I’ll get really frustrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Admin
      Participant

I’m sorry you’re having issues with getting JetPack working on your site. The JetPack plugin is already installed and activated on each blog you create on this site, but it must be connected to your WordPress.com account in order to use it. Here is an instructional video on how to connect it to WordPress.com, the installation part of the video won’t pertain to you since it’s already installed. If it’s still not working for you or if you need any more help with this please let me know. If you can provide me with more details about what’s happening it may help me figure out what could be causing the issue. Thanks

Pamela
      Participant

Thank you Sheridan 🙂 I got it hooked up to wordpress, but do you have any idea how I can get the “subscribe” widget to work? I looked for it in my dashboard but I couldn’t find it. I’d love people to be able to subscribe to my blog, so that I can build a following. Thanks for your help!

Admin
      Participant

Good deal, I’m glad it’s working for you. You can find instructions on how to make use of the subscriptions module on the Jetpack.me website. Please let me know if you need any more help with this.

Pamela
      Participant

I think I’m good now. I’ll definitely let you know if I need any more help. Thank you so much!

Admin
      Participant

Not a problem Pamela…anytime.

ourad
      Participant

think this is good

TAlberts
      Participant

Thank you @sheridan for the links you shared. I´ll check those out.

thisnthat
      Participant

Thank you for the information. I was going to ask the same question.

If I understand this correctly, I need to set up a separate account with wordpress.com even if I don’t have a separate blog there?

peachpurple
      Participant

thanks for the thread, at least I am getting hang of it now

cessy08
      Participant

Thanks for posting this question. Good thing I saw it before I asked the same thing!

iyanpol12
      Participant

SO I need to create an account on WordPress.

What is a jetpack by the way?

peachpurple
      Participant

Jetpack is a widget site, I use the counter stats and share media sites which are very helpful. You need to register an account at wordpress. Then only it will link to blogjob. yes, you need to have a blog posted.

Maricel
      Participant

the admin answer your question already my friend I hope it gives you clear answer to that.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.