Is it possible to blog here for a living?

Activity Forums General Discussion Is it possible to blog here for a living?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  SadieMarie 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

Really, this is something that makes me feel uneasy. I guess it is possible but just like everything in life: Depends on how serious and consistent you are, right? I think this to be a fantastic way to make good money… Probably very good money and connect with interesting people.

Do you think the same or just believe this to be a way to make an extra income?

kendra
    Participant

Well, in the FAQ’s section here on BlogJob, it is explained that you can in fact earn a “living” by using the website and features. Mostly though, it’s if you join as a partner, which as far as I’m understanding, costs you money. So, making a good living? Well, let’s just say I’m not quitting my day job since there’s no way my budget would allow for the risk of investing in something or someone else’s company at the moment, but sounds good for those who can.

However, I must say, BlogJob has an outstanding point system. There are a couple of people who are on here, hardly making much of a real contribution and have already gotten at least $25 out of BlogJob, so that says plenty. There’s not another community like it, so I love the program so far & am more than happy with the earnings. I can’t complain anyways. I think it would be wonderful if it expanded to the point where other jobs for BJ became available because it’s a community I’d personally love to continue with.

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

Yeah. I guess these systems are too new, but I think in a short term they can become really profitable for some. Who knows? Thanks for your feedback!

Kimberly Brown
    Participant

I so love this site and think one day I will be able to make a living. I think becoming a business partner is so worth it. I am willing to invest a little bit of money to make more money.

Nicolee25
    Participant

I think you maybe could. If you work hard at it.

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

Thank you for your opinions and your valuable thoughts!

Emily Hargrove
    Participant

I don’t know that you could make a living HERE… but I think if you were a member of a lot of sites like this one, and you were making original content several times a day for all of them, it MIGHT be possible to scrape by.

I think it would be hard to write for three or four sites at once. I would get frustrated and just narrow it down to one lol.

kendra
      Participant

Yes, Emily, that’s true. And that has been my experience. Signing up to write for just a few different sites was far too time consuming. I mean, not with the pay anyways. With the Bubblews “blog”, my blog here and the blog I’ve ran for 4 years, it’s A LOT! And I haven’t made but $1 on Bubblews despite hours and hours and hours of time spent there, so I’ve stopped going there this week and doubt I’ll go back. Nice idea, but not logical for actually making $, for me anyways.

When you care about coming up with quality content, you’re most likely going to run into this struggle — not being able to spread yourself out for more than one or two sites/blogs. Especially if you have a job. My job takes up so much of my time as it is that I’d rather spend any free time working on other money-making opportunities, and creating a nice brand/reputation for myself as an author and all. I think I’m just going to stick with BlogJob only, (and of course my old blog. Can’t let it go!) and work towards putting in better and better quality work for the two columns I write. There are just too many opportunities to be had to waste time at a place that doesn’t earn you enough $, and not even a name/reputation.

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with you. Actually I guess that if you do this for several blogs or sites, it’s possible. I think that’s the correct idea: Not only here, but also considering other several sites as a compound.

Thanks!

SadieMarie
    Participant

I do and I’ve gotten payed. Payment is so fast less then 24 hours. Writing blog posts aren’t as hard as I had previously thought. Those are the real money makers. Highly suggest hooking up your goggle adsense as soon as possible. You get 2000 points or $20 for doing so! I try to make 29 per day. Previously I was successfully making over 20 per day. Its not a ton but now at 29 per day that’s $800 per month. The same I would be making working part time at a min wage job!

kimdalessandro
      Participant

I wonder if the 2000 points or $20 still applies? I attached my adsense account here, and I didn’t get the points. I need to read the rewards info more closely.

Gil Guerrero
    Participant

What a great stuff yo told us herein! for sure will do the adsense stuff. Thanks!

SadieMarie
    Participant

@GilGuerrero of course you are very welcome. 🙂 AdSense is great.

Pragati
    Participant

Its possible if you are able to create unique and professional content !
    and become a partner with blogjob

waflay
    Participant

With the determination to earn more,anything is possible.

SadieMarie
    Participant

Well not so much anymore. The max that I could earn in a single month would be about $330. That isn’t enough to live off of but it could account for part time money.

Robert Stukowski
    Participant

Blogjob is not the place to make money. It is a great place to store your writing samples for other websites. I currently write for BlogMutt, Elance, UpWork (formally oDesk), my own blog, and here. Personally, I concentrate my efforts at BlogMutt, and use my Blogjob sites to market my skills on Elance and Upwork. I have five sites to work with, but I rotate Blogjob with my own website so I don’t burn out. I recommend that anyone that wants to make a living writing online to work full time at another website, and only post here when you have some free time.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I agree with you there! I wish I could make money just working online that would be a dream come true.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I guess if you complete all the achievements on here you could make up to about $1080 a month. It would take a great deal of work but even then I doubt one could really live off of just that amount.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.