Invitations to Groups

Activity Forums General Discussion Invitations to Groups

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  James Higgins 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

James Higgins
    Participant

I was invited to join a group called “Share Your Art Work,” but felt is best to decline the invitation since that would be the last place I have anything to share. I never could draw anything and at painting , I would be only a splasher, but wait, some would call that art. Anyway, I do appreciate the invitation. Is there a table tennis group?

SadieMarie
    Participant

Yes I understand what you are saying. It is best to join groups you find you will be able to relate and contribute. I don’t believe that there is a table tennis group. Anyone is allowed to create a group here on blogjob. You also are rewarded 2 points for each that you start. It is fairly easy to run them too. Very little work on your part.

Do you enjoy playing table tennis in your spare time? I have played forever ago it seems. Was so fun. Would enjoy playing again. But seeing as I live in an apartment I wouldn’t be able to get my own table really. Might be able to find a location near by to go. But since cash is fairly low most of the time for me I don’t know how often I could go.

James Higgins
      Participant

@sadiemarie, I do play table tennis with sever other retired men and women in the over 55 community where we live. I had not played for many years, but it came back to me quickly. We play doubles and there are some tournament level players in the group.

Lee Ka
    Participant

I just did a search in the groups, and found one Table Tennis group. But it hasn’t been active for the last 8 months. 🙂

James Higgins
      Participant

@LeeKa Thank you for looking!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  James Higgins.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

@kaka135, you are so sweet to look!

It’s sad that so many groups here are inactive. And we lose points if we leave the group too 🙁

Lee Ka
      Participant

@ruby3881 I was wondering if there is a search feature for the group, so it’d be easier for us to search for any groups we might be interested in, and there I found the Table tennis group.

I didn’t know points will be deducted if we leave the group. I think I’d better be more careful in joining the groups from now onward. 😀

Hope with more members now, those groups will be active again. 🙂

Anthony
      Participant

I agree it appears some groups have become dormant how I wish we do not have to bargain with our points when we choose to look elsewhere

James Higgins
      Participant

I became aware of that through comments on this forum post.

Diya
    Participant

You should join. Because if you will join then you will get some knowledge about art from that group.

James Higgins
      Participant

And yet, I would have nothing to contribute. It makes no sense to me to join a group where you are unable to share, in this case, art.

suni51
    Participant

I feel I should join but when I join I made it clear whether or not I would be able to participate. However, I write regularly if a group is active. I have not yet started a group of my own even after 8 months or little more on this site though.

James Higgins
      Participant

After about a week, I am thinking about a group, but first will explore to see if one I have in mind already exists.

Super Spy
    Participant

I have declined a couple of group invitations because they are not topics I am interested in. I’m sure the admins are not offended as like most you invite everyone, and an invite means you can accept or decline. I am not offended if no one joins my groups, and am surprised when people do.

James Higgins
      Participant

Yes, why join a group unless you are sure you are interested and able to or want to be part of it.

nakitakona13
    Participant

Anyone has the freedom to accept or to deny a group invitation. No one is compelled to do so. By the way, you are looking for a tennis group or forum, why not create it by yourself and invite others to join. That would be 2 points for you.

James Higgins
      Participant

I play table tennis, and just wondered if there was a group based on that interest, but crating a group to gain two points without being committed to it seems a bit pointless. Other replies here seem to bear that out.

shaloowalia
    Participant

I am hardly active in any of the groups I have joined. So I am refraining from joining new groups.

James Higgins
      Participant

I understand that. It seems a little pointless to do so.

simplym
    Participant

I had to decline a group because it was religious and I am not religious.

James Higgins
      Participant

I too would have to decline that group. That is what invitations are for. We can decline or accept.

simplym
      Participant

Yes – especially if I cannot relate to the group. But I have noticed some groups I have joined are not very active.

James Higgins
      Participant

From other comments I see here, that is not uncommon.

simplym
      Participant

I agree. There are some groups – I visit and post but no one writes back. 🙂

James Higgins
    Participant

That is not a good thing for Blogjob at all.

James Higgins
    Participant

Barbara, I suspect that you are right and will be careful about enlisting in groups. Those checkboxes would be a good idea.

gina145
    Participant

@barbrad I wish I’d declined most of the invitations I received, but I often feel like it’s insulting the people who invite me if I decline them. Now I belong to so many groups that I struggle to find the ones I’m really interested in.

James Higgins
    Participant

@gina145, This is a good cautionary tale for Newbies like me. Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.