Invisibility Attained

Activity Forums General Discussion Invisibility Attained

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Cynthia Owens 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Cynthia Owens
    Participant

When I was a child, I often wished I had the power to make myself invisible. I can proudly say, that I have attained that ability at last. Here on this site, I think I am completely invisible. No one sees me. What am I doing wrong?

rextrulove

It takes a while to build up a following of friends, but interacting here in the forums and commenting on other people’s blogs is two ways to speed it up a little.

Cynthia Owens
      Participant

Thanks @rextrulove I am trying to learn what is the best way to navigate the site, but it seems difficult to me.

rextrulove

Like with all sites, there is a learning curve. It isn’t hard, but it takes a little getting used to. A month from now, you’ll probably wonder why you thought it was difficult. 🙂

DW Davis
      Participant

I am in the same boat Cynthia, but after almost three weeks here I think I am beginning to develop a rhythm that seems promising. When I log in, I jot a “hello” update on my wall, check and respond to my notifications, post any article(s) I have ready to my blog’s, and then check back through the news feed on my wall, my groups, friends sites for new posts, and the forums.

Super Spy
      Participant

You’ve only been here three weeks? It appears you have settled in quickly, and how do you manage it all with teaching, and writing?

Jessica
    Participant

Cynthia Owens, I feel you, I really do. I’ve been here for a year (actually longer, but I haven’t been keeping a running total to give an exact date) and it is so hit or miss. Some days I feel like I can’t keep up with replying to people and doing additional interaction (which is fun though because it’s popularity and that really boosts a woman’s ego) and other days I feel like I would be better off anywhere else because nobody’s reading or interacting with me.

I recommend using the forums to get name recognition. Talk to different users on the forums, reply to things they say, and create your own topics. Blogging is great for written expression/improving written communication, but I’ve noticed that these shorter interactions such as status updates and forum replies are the ones that get the most responses.

Finally, I think this was a good post because now anyone else who feels similarly can come in and share why; talking about our blogging woes really does bring people together.

dawnwriter
    Participant

@cindiowens Don’t feel that way. Join a few groups, interact on people’s wall and visit the forums. Your comments are like little footsteps that tell people you are here.

Cynthia Owens
    Participant

Thanks @jessica and @dawnwriter I won’t give up. I am not used to this format. I don’t understand the way the replies work. It is confusing. And yes @rextrulove I hope I get to that point.

Super Spy
    Participant

I’m new here, I’ve been here a few days and it does take time to settle in. Even though I use wordpress on my other sites, (org and com) it’s slightly different here, with some restrictions, so I am working around things, plus picking up the ‘rules’ as I go along. I do have a good friend here already, so that helps, but she is in a different time zone so we often miss one another. I sent you a friend request.

Cynthia Owens
    Participant

Thank you @Super Spy I accepted. I am not used to the wordpress, and I think that might be my main problem.

SadieMarie
    Participant

I see you 🙂 Just be active in the community. Participate on the forums as you are doing. Talk to other members. Add friends, leave comments and such. Join groups and many others will notice you too. I know we make a little bit here but try and focus more on the social aspect and be happy for the additional money you make and it helps if you aren’t already.

Cynthia Owens
    Participant

@sadiemarie I am not here for the money, if I were, I would be sorely disappointed. Thanks for noticing me!

SadieMarie
    Participant

I agree with you there. I am not all about the money here but it does help me out a great deal. I am happy to see you here. How long have you been a member here?

Anthony
    Participant

Just keep on posting and doing the various tasks. Try to always reach the maximum points of the day and after some time you will become more known. Keep up your good work here and be patient you will sure be better known after.

Nana
    Participant

Being active with people here is best

gina145
    Participant

I interact in the forums and groups when I have the time, but I don’t think that many members read my posts because the niche of my main blog (bonsai) isn’t to everyone’s taste. I depend on Reddit for most of my traffic to that one. Sadly the comments I receive about those posts are usually at Reddit rather than on the posts themselves, so it looks like there’s even less interaction about those than there actually is.

Interacting on BlogJob may be fun, but building up an audience that comes from outside the site is also important.

Anthony
    Participant

You should always try interacting with other members here. Join as many groups as you can. These will help to make you more popular

nakitakona13
    Participant

It takes to be active to be seen. Reacting to forums topics sooner or later you will be visible to those who are here. It takes a lot of patience to do that.

Cynthia Owens
      Participant

Thank you all for your suggestions. I work long hours on the days I work, so I can’t be here every day, but I will take your suggestions to heart. Again, thank you all.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.