I'm Having Trouble Adding Affiliate Links

Activity Forums Help and Support I'm Having Trouble Adding Affiliate Links

This topic contains 40 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barbara Radisavljevic Barbara Radisavljevic 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Linda Jenkinson
    Linda Jenkinson
    Participant

Hi everyone, this is a call for help. I am still struggling completing my first blog post here as I used to use Native Ads for my Amazon links but they don’t work here. I also had a tool site I used which now says the page is gone. (It was from squidoo, actually).
    Then,

I just tried the old way-getting the link and it didn’t show up. Is there a different way to add Amazon links on BlogJob? It’s getting frustrating. How do you do it?
    @rextrulove
    @kimdalessandro
    @sheridan

Profile photo of rextrulove
    rextrulove

There are a couple of ways you can do it, @lmmjenkinson. One way is to get your affiliate link from Amazon affiliates, then go to the dashboard for your blog. On the left, click Settings, then click Advertising. There is a place there where you can plug in the affiliate code for a header and footer ad.

Profile photo of kimdalessandro
      kimdalessandro
      Participant

@rextrulove – That’s good info too. 馃檪 I had never thought about using Amazon for my header and footer ad. I’ve been using Adsense. I’m close to cashing out, but it was so slow. I might change it to Amazon after I do.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

You’ll never believe it @kimdalessandro, I just got a message from Amazon saying I was not approved as they said the website I gave them was not active with sufficient posting. However, I was already a member- I thought, but did inquire why I wasn’t getting clicks when I used to get so many. I inquired online so they probably looked into it and saw that I hadn’t been approved and just now decided to tell me.

I have so many sites, which I’m trying to narrow down right now, that they probably looked at a few and saw I hadn’t been active, lately. This is true, as I’ve been very busy learning journalistic writing and writing Style and Movie Review- News articles on The Daily Voice News and have badly neglected the other sites. I tried to give them Trendzic and Honest Reviewz, as I have been active there, but they said I need to go through the entire application process again! I’m very frustrated with them, right now.

What I have decided to do is continue on here on BlogJob and do several posts, try for Adsense and then go back and apply for the Associates Program later. So strange as I just now was trying to add products to my blogs. Wow- There’s always something with the Affiliate thing and me. :/

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@lmmjenkinson – I’m so sorry. I wonder if 180 days have passed without a sale? I didn’t think that it had been six months for you. It doesn’t seem that they’re giving you a chance. Have you thought about trying Share a Sale? That’s what I would do if I had problems with Amazon.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

@kimdalessandro that’s a good idea for me to think about. I do remember the admin- Danielle and Michelle saying it’s a bit of an annoying joining rigamarole but I’ll take a look. Right now I’m applying for an AdSense number. Where can we find our official handle here for our website as they are asking for this. The one with our name on it. I did find one but want to be sure.

kimdalessandro
      Participant

@lmmjenkinson – Sorry I just saw your question. My husband has been on vacation from work this week, and I haven’t been on as much as usual. I’m not sure what they mean by handle. I signed up years ago and don’t recall the question. I suppose it’s the name that you use on your blogs or other sites. Maybe @rextrulove would know.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Sorry to ask so much.Yes, I will ask him. All it is is your website URL. Your personal URL on a site.Adsense is asking for it. Have a good week, Kim!

rextrulove

Never be sorry for asking questions, @lmmjenkinson. That is a sign of someone who wants to learn, and I’ve never found anything to be sorry about when you want to learn. 馃檪

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

@rextrulove what is our personal identifying website URL on here and is it from our home page or our profile page. It’s like your BlogJob handle. Also I saw that Adsense is asking for our website so which URL would that be on this site? And as far as you know, is it true we need at least 10 posts before we apply to AdSense? Thanks for your kind words too.

rextrulove

@lmmjenkinson, in my case, it would be https://blogjob.com/insights/. It would be your primary site and Insights would be my primary for BlogJob. I don’t know about needing 10 posts because I haven’t used AdSense in about a year, but it does sound reasonable. It would make more work for them if they accepted everyone and later had to go back to cull a bunch of them. lol

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Okay I’ll check it out now. And will have to get busy writing those posts! Thank you.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

You’re a great help and don’t want to overstay my welcome- thanks for that.

rextrulove

I can’t imagine anyone wearing out their welcome and you certainly haven’t. Rest easy.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Hi again @rextrulove- Sheridan will be getting worried as you’re the new go-to person for help- ha! I will try what you said re: the header and footer but am curious to ask you what method yuo use to input the Amazon products for selling? I thank you for answering and appreciate all your valuable help! 馃檪

rextrulove

I trust that Sheridan will understand that my absence hasn’t been of choice.

For affiliate header and footer links, I just select the ones that appeal to me. I also use a link to my amazon store, but that isn’t a banner ad. Still, I have more control over what is in my store. 馃檪

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

@rextrulove Do the header and footer ads have to be the same? I don’t want to give up on AdSense entirely because I earn from it at other sites too, but I’d live to try something different to see if I can earn a bit more with a different program. I never thought about using Amazon that way, but it might be worth giving it a try.

rextrulove

@gina145, no, the header and footer don’t have to be the same.

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

Thanks @rextrulove. Now I can try some experimenting. What code would I put into the header or footer box if I wanted to use it for Amazon? Would it be for a specific product, or just a general link to Amazon?

rextrulove

@gina145, I use the link to specific promotions. To get the code, log onto your Amazon Affiliate page and click the link for Featured Promotions. You can select the one you want and then click the button for Get Link, then just paste it in.

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

Thanks @rextrulove. That’s a big help.

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

@rextrulove I’ve just tried adding Amazon to the header ad, but the banners don’t seem to work and the ordinary link version is so inconspicuous that it’s not worth the bother. Am I doing something wrong or is this as good as it gets?

rextrulove

@gina145, have you tried using different sizes of the banner ads? Some are pretty discrete, while others are quite ‘in your face’.

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

@rextrulove For some reason the banner didn’t appear at all. I’ll have to try again and see if I can get one to work.

rextrulove

I had trouble with it a long time ago, @gina145, then they started working. If I remember right, though, I changed to the javascript code and stopped using iframe code.

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

@rexlove I tried that, but I’ll have to try again. If it’s supposed to work, I must have done something wrong.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

@rextrulove Adsense wants my website. Do I give them my BlogJob handle? And where do I get the URL? Thanks!

rextrulove

The url would be to your main blog and your identity would be your user name or company, if you have the latter.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Thanks @rextrulove- I missed your first answer here so asked again as I thought I asked someone else and they didn’t answer- So thank you. Is it true that you need 10 posts before you apply to AdSense? Someone else said that on a reply. 馃檪

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Thank you @rextrulove- however, I just found out I’ll have to re-apply as I told Kim above- I’ve been writing news articles and haven’t been as active on my old sites so I was not approved- albeit they didn’t tell me until I made an inquiry into why I wasn’t getting any clicks! So they just decided now to tell me!! I will hold off on all this info, get Adsense on and write some blogs here to get established.—And I will come back to all your helpful info later.

rextrulove

@lmmjenkinson, I’m thinking that you shouldn’t have much trouble getting the Amazon Affiliate okay. It is usually much harder to get an adsense acct than an Amazon acct. Just make sure that when you do, that you put the disclaimer text on your home page of your blog. Amazon is a stickler for that.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

Hi, @lmmjenkinson – The tool still works for me. I just used it a few minutes ago. Clear your cookies, and try it once more. Otherwise, try using a different browser to access the tool. Let me know if it works for you. https://www.imarketingtool.com/toolbox/squidoo-niche-blaster.aspx

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

Hi there Kim: Yes, when I clicked it this time it went to the tool! Yay! Perhaps I had the URL saved for so long, it went dormant. So I’ll refer to some old notes to see if I remember how to use it. Thanks @kimdalessandro and @rextrulove for helping me here. Let me try a few things and then I’ll come back to this thread. Kim, I wanted to ask you about Adsense but will wait till I try this tool now- one thing at a time. I tagged Sheridan here as well re: the native ads, as you suggested. I’ll get back here later and thanks so much!

Linda Jenkinson
    Participant

It takes a while but can be somewhat lucrative for many people. I am constantly frustrated by Amazon in the way of being a member as I’ve switched writing for several sites and they want a website where you’re always active and stable. So now I am going to build up BlogJob as my website and in another month I will re-join. But it can be extra money- @gina145 !

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

@lmmjenkinson I’ve never really done well out of Amazon either, but I haven’t given up hope yet. The only site I’m currently using it on is my bonsai blog, but maybe it would do better somewhere else. I need to push myself to put more effort into finding the right ideas.

Linda Jenkinson
      Participant

@gina145 a good Internet friend of mine uses the links very successfully- often you can add products that are even just remotely connected. Say you added unique pots or corner tables, potting soil, water sprayers, etc. as products to go with your bonsai posts. That’s how they can get different products on their posts that sell!

Profile photo of gina145
      gina145
      Participant

Thanks @lmmjenkinson. I really should do that, but I hate spending time finding products to fit each post, so I just created an Amazon store and I use that for every new post I publish.

kimdalessandro
    Participant

Advertising is no longer an option on the dashboard. Is that something that will be added back when the problems are solved @sheridan?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of kimdalessandro kimdalessandro. Reason: Edited to check box for follow-up replies via email

Many people who cannot use Amazon use Viglinks or Skimlinks for their affiliate earnings. One can also become a Zazzle affiliate and use product links to illustrate your pages.

rextrulove

I don’t have it on my blogs either, but it could be something that has been disabled while Sheridan tries to track down the issues with the site.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.