If you can't beat them! Join them!

Activity Forums General Discussion If you can't beat them! Join them!

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jkct01 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

xelaiehm
    Participant

do you believe in the saying that, “if you can’t beat them, join them!”

Amalthea Hustles
    Participant

It depends. I wouldn’t compromise my values in certain ways. Sometimes, it’s important to make some noise.

For other things, yes, getting along is more important.

xelaiehm
      Participant

i agree with you. it’s not always right to deal with just anybody for the sake of fellowship or just to be in that group specially if you know that they would affect your values in some ways.

Kimberly Brown
    Participant

I personally do not believe in that because if i can’t beat them I sure would not want to join them. That is just my opinion.

xelaiehm
      Participant

Good for you! Stand up for what you believe in! In that sense you will not be easily influenced by anybody. Getting along with somebody or a group doesn’t mean you also have to do what they are doing specially when they are doing wrong…You have that dignity and pride to stand for what you know is right 😉

kendra
    Participant

No.

I was about to say just what Amalthea did! That sums it up for me, too. There’s no way I’d throw away my own desires, goals, beliefs, values, etc to “join them” in something I didn’t want or was against. Never have I just gave in and joined, and I never will.

xelaiehm
      Participant

that’s so good to know @kendra just be yourself. We do not have to join any group that could lead us to nowhere and are bad influence to us. thanks for sharing your opinion.

SadieMarie
    Participant

To some extent but I prefer to blaze my own path 😉

xelaiehm
      Participant

that’s absolutely right @sadiemarie we have to be decisive and it’s still up to us whether to join them or not.

Pegasus
    Participant

Sometimes yes. Usually my motto is more like if I can’t beat them, then I’m going home.

jkct01
    Participant

I do believe that it is a wise decision.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.