I Think i know how to do referral links with Hootsuite and Buffer

Activity Forums Help and Support I Think i know how to do referral links with Hootsuite and Buffer

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barbara Radisavljevic Barbara Radisavljevic 1 year ago.

• Author

Even before the share buttons disappeared, I’ve been wondering how to have my referral code included when using Buffer (so I can include an image) or Hootsuite to schedule posts. I think I have it figured out. First, I copy the referral code. Then I go to the page I want to promote and add the referral code to the end of the address and hit return. That keeps the code in the address so I can then use Buffer or Hootsuite and have the code included when they shorten the link.I’m hoping this will work.

Profile photo of Mely
    Mely
    Participant

I would be happy for you if your experiment would work. We are all here working to promote our site.

I think it’s working. I’ll see if visitors come in from those links today.

Profile photo of rextrulove
    rextrulove

That sounds reasonable and like it would work. I don’t use Hootsuite or Buffer, so I have no personal knowledge about the links to them, but what you’ve mentioned makes sense.

Hootsuite and Buffer are free programs that allow you to schedule your posts ahead. Buffer allows you to select one of the photos from your post to display with the tweet. It likes to pick fairly large images. It pays to have at least one image that’s at least 500 pixels wide so that people who have Buffer will be more likely to share your post. You should also include a photo that is longer than it is wide for those who want to pin your post. It’s amazing what a difference that can make in traffic.

Profile photo of rextrulove
      rextrulove

@barbrad, that probably wouldn’t be tremendously useful to me, since a person can so simply use WordPress to schedule posts.

You can use it to schedule when your posts will go live, but if you want it to to Twitter or Facebook at a particular time these interfaces can be very useful. I can use them to schedule all my FB and Twitter posts for the next two days so they will be evenly spread throughout the days with just a click as I visit each post.

Profile photo of nakitakona13
    nakitakona13
    Participant

This is a good idea. I do appreciate it. Thank you.

I now think it only appears to work. The actual links don’t seem to have the referral code.

Profile photo of Kyla Matton Osborne
      Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

@barbrad Aw, I’m disappointed to hear that! I was hoping it would as I’m wanting to get back into using HootSuite and you’re really making me think I need to check out Buffer 馃檪

I’ve been adding referral codes and then using Goo.gl to create my shortlinks for social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, and G+. I can verify that it works for links on BlogJob and on LiteracyBase. When I started adding the referral code to my links here (before rewards went offline, obviously) my referrals went off the scale some days. And on LiteracyBase I think I now have about 300 new visitor referrals, mostly earned in the past 48 hours.

How do you know it included your referral code once it’s shortened? Do you know if it preserves affiliate product links like those from Zazzle or Amazon short links?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.