How to create a website?

Activity Forums Website Design How to create a website?

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author

Rish
      Participant

I have less idea on it, I know the use of HTML coding and can design a light website by using them, but only design, not the database part.
      So is this really essential to have professional training or course for developing a website by myself?

rextrulove

It depends on how easily you can pick up new computer skills. A website can be written completely in HTML or XML, but it could quickly get bulky and hard to manage. Learning db script isn’t too hard, though it can take a little time, so the question would be how involved you want to get in it.

ksridharprasad
        Participant

Thanks for the response, I have found my created web site heading as said by you, now creating site is problem to me and what these I have to use and what to do and how to utilize the tabs for creating a good looking site?

@rextrulove Sir, I believe we today have too many website providers – almost all come with a website builder which enable you to simple drag / drop widgets and go on without caring for the technical complexities hidden therein. Be it HTML, XML, PHP, MYSQL, ASP.net C# etc. it does not matter today. You just sign up and proceed further. Everything else is taken care in automated mode.

My question to you is: Whether it is OK to use those services to create a website OR are there any limitations?

rextrulove

There is no reason I can think of that you can’t use them. The only real limitations are the ones inherent on the type of language that is being use and the constraints placed upon you by the host.

@rextrulove Sir. Thanks

Maricel
      Participant

honestly my friend I haven’t yet created a website for myself.

Rish
      Participant

@rextrulove it seems you have much knowledge on it. Thanks for your valuable time.

rextrulove

That is mostly just from personal experience. I set up my first personal website in 2001 and I’ve had several since then.

Rish
      Participant

@fun1oriented2learning Do you have knowledge on the languages you have mentioned in your comment?

Rish
      Participant

NO issue dear @Maricel , I hope you will get one soon.

@mahirish Sir, I know HTML, .net, VB, ASP, SQL. Was a web developer once upon a time.
      Sorry, I am learning php, Javascript and C#, so don’t know them proficiently.

rextrulove

I have to admit that HTML is my favorite, though it is clunky. XML isn’t greatly different than HTML. VB isn’t bad, SQL can be a little more complex but I decidedly don’t care for some programming languages, including some of the older ones like COBOL. Would you agree?

@rextrulove Sir, Can you teach me XML? I would love to learn that from you.

rextrulove

@fun1oriented2learning, I probably could. If you have HTML down pat and know the rules and scripting, XML isn’t enormously different. It is just streamlined a little.

@rextrulove Sir. I know HTML. However, I am just learning Javascript and hence don’t know much.

peachpurple
      Participant

either you buy a domain name or create a blog at blogger or wordpress

Fifi Leigh
      Participant

or create your own website on webnode.com or wix.com

Dick
      Participant

I prefer wordpress, very flexible and not that hard to learn

rextrulove

I’m also fond of wordpress because very little scripting and programming is required. I can do the coding, but I’d prefer not to. Still, I’ve built a site from the ground up in the past. It is sort of fun to do that, but it is quite time consuming (at least to me). Using wordpress, a person can have a site set up in less than an hour.

Dick
      Participant

I do not do any coding at all. that is why I like to find themes for wordpress.

ksridharprasad
      Participant

I am trying to create a blog or website since long time but could not create, neither my friends have this much knowledge in the computer or net. They are even and even poorer than me in the net and computer using. I have offered that half revenue earned by the blog site also if the blog or site can create money. Some body should guide in creating blog or website to me. Can any one help me in this regard

rextrulove

@ksridharprasad, If you click Create Site, give it a name and a site title, then click the create site button, you should see the Video Tutorial on the left side that should have all the information you need for creating a blog on BlogJob.

@ksridharprasad Sir, you are in US and your American friends dont know how Go create websites? Astonishing.

Anyways, you can create website using Create a site link. WordPress has many themes which work on WYSiWYG. It means What You See is What You Get. You can study those themes and yourself check the most attractive themes. Aactivation is easy. You can change themes easily anytime. You get uPTO 50 points for a new post.

You can click on settings -advertising and get to enter the code. You need ad account for that. Adsense OR chitika OR Adhitz will help. You can earn through URL Shorten OR Affiliate Marketing as well.

ALL THE BEST

ksridharprasad
        Participant

I do not have any american friend, all are It People and they does not know about creating web sites. I have managed to create site in Blogjob, how use themes and other works in the site I do not know. I have posted the content and saved it not published it. So what to do now, if you guide me step by step then it is easy to learn. If you write details like the content I cannot understand because I am not intelligent and knowledge d person like you.

rextrulove

@ksridharprasad, it isn’t lack of intelligence. It is just that English isn’t your first language, so that makes it a little more difficult. That has nothing to do with intelligence and at some point in time, even native English speakers had no idea of how to set up a web site. Many still don’t. We’ve all had to learn.

@ksridharprasad Sir. Dont worry will help you.

@rextrulove
      Sir, are you serious? Internet owes its origin to US/UK. Native English follow it.

rextrulove

@fun1oriented2learning, yes I’m serious. Just because a person doesn’t have English is their first language, doesn’t mean that they lack intelligence, it just means that things that are written in English will probably be a little harder for them.

Yes, the Internet is a US invention. A lot of people in the US, UK, Australia, Europe and Asia now use it. What is rather interesting is that the fastest growing nation, in terms of new people using the Internet, is actually India. But then, they also have a higher population than the US, though less than China. India only has about 100 million fewer people than China and it is predicted that they will have the highest population in the world within the next few years. By contrast, India has almost a billion more people than the US does, ~1,252,000,000 in India and ~321,000,000 in the US (that is as of September 2015). It isn’t surprising that they have more Internet users.

ksridharprasad
      Participant

What you have said is right, I am doing the internet for 6 years but does not learn any trips or tricks and basics in Internet. To do something means making cash by internet, how can I learn which course is best I will try it after going to India.

@rextrulove Sir, I agree with you. Languages cannot decide one’s intelligence. The point is not who uses internet – more than 95% world does that. But, it was found by native English speakers. So, they must inherently know its working.

I lIke your example where you linked population with internet users. But, your prediction that India will have largest population is baseless. The base of that prediction was China 1 child policy which is now removed. So, China will remain most populous ever.

rextrulove

@fun1oriented2learning, We’ll have to wait and see what happens on that one. Even though China has lifted the restriction, I just have a feeling that their population growth won’t increase greatly over the next few years. On the other hand, India hasn’t had the restriction and their population has been increasing rapidly for many years. Again just a hunch, but I don’t think that will slow down much, if at all.

@rextrulove Sir

Well as per UN, we will have 45% senior citizens by 21st century. This is due to falling birth rates. China and USA will follow this trend. India won’t. Anyways, that is going off topic.

Since you are a real scholar, kindly enlighten by providing website development tips.

rextrulove

@fun1oriented2learning, that brought a smile to my face. I think that the biggest tip I could give about website development would be to focus on a specific topic rather than a general one. I admit that I don’t follow my own advice, since I have so many interests and enjoy constantly learning as well as sharing what I’ve learned. However, to be successful on the Internet, the more focused the website topic is, the more it will likely make. This needs to be carefully considered before anything is even done to create the site.

@rextrulove Sir,

Thanks for motivating rest of the world. So, what topics you suggest for the newbie?

rextrulove

I have advice for that, too, @fun1oriented2learning. Write what you know. Before anyone says, “But I don’t know anything”, that would be wrong thinking. A person who doesn’t know anything would be a mental vegetable. Every one of us has knowledge that we often take for granted that everyone else knows. The thing is that not everyone else knows it. So share what you know and don’t worry about it, thinking that everyone knows the same thing.

Several years ago, I came across an article about how to hard boil a chicken egg. I was astonished at how many thousands of views that article got. Apparently there were a lot of people who didn’t know how to hard boil an egg. I wouldn’t have personally thought of writing about that, though I’ve been hard boiling eggs since I was about 9 years old.

@rextrulove Sir, I like your style of presenting things.

Well, there are 2 different theories. Some speak of going with passion while some go with market demand. Those who advocate going with passion are plenty but even those who strictly advise on tackling market demand are considerable. Some even go out of box and speak about both at a time thereby providing ever hot topics like love and relationship, self help and spirituality, humour etc. It is a general notion that these are known to everyone and everybody is interested in this niche.

Nevertheless, all admit that you need to market your website well. Thus, SEO is born. Again different theories popped up.

I dont know whether those theories helped anyone achieve satisfaction OR not but it did rendered end user particularly newbies confused.

So, a request, if possible kindly write a post presenting a SWOT analysis of all such theories and hence, enlightening rest of us.

rextrulove

I can do that, provided that I can find enough time, but it is a double edged sword. If a writer tries to write about something that they are totally uninterested in, it isn’t likely that the writing will be all that great. On the other hand, if they write about something nobody else is interested in, it is likely that not many people will search for the topic.

Ideally, the topic should be one that you are interested and knowledgeable in, but that other people will search for. It isn’t easy to find that perfect blend, but it can be done. Part of that is the realization that with all the Internet users out there, there are going to be some people who are quite interested in what we have to write. Knowing this, the focus again falls back to writing what you know. 😀

Thanks for enlightening. Kindly advise on SEO as well.

rextrulove

Actually, I’ve taught SEO and have written about it on various sites. The topic is expansive, though. What part of SEO were you referring to? (Maximum/minimum words, keywords, keyword density, etc)

@rextrulove Sir,

Thanks again. Can you share the links?

I wanr to know about keyword selection and min:max words. Selecting keywords and strategically placing them in the article.

rextrulove

LOL…I’ll first have to remember where all I wrote those articles.

I’ll see if I can write some on my Mountain Man Musings blog, maybe even later today.

@rextrulove Sir

That might be a big help for rest of the world. Thanks

Thanks a lot @rextrulove Sir.

kindly explain when you write.

//it isnt like the information isnt out there//

what do you mean?

rextrulove

I mean that there are a lot of articles on the Internet about this topic. I just put it in a different way and use examples, but there are other articles that say basically the same thing, written by other people.

Dont worry. Your presentation will be better than others

@mahirish Sir,

Have created a 11 article long series to help beginner create a website. Here is the link to the summary

Beginner’s website creation guide step 10: finalizing

@rextrulove
      Sir,

Kindly enlighten if any point goes missing. You can also add important points regarding website creation which I missed

rextrulove

I’ll check it out, @fun1oriented2learning, as soon as I have a little free time. I have to go to the store for groceries and take my wife to a doctor appointment, first. 🙂

@rextrulove – OK Sir, noted. Take your time.

rextrulove

Okay, @fun1oriented2learning, I looked it over and it looks okay, though it got a bit technical in a couple places, for the average user. I commented on that in one place. One suggestion, though, would be to put in a disclaimer at the beginning to let people understand that you are explaining how to build a website from the ground up, you aren’t telling them how to create a blog on a site like BlogJob, who uses WordPress and who owns the domain (BlogJob). That is just a thought. It could also possibly be good to stress on the post about content that it is important to update content frequently so readers know that the site is active.

I don’t know how much that will help.

@rextrulove Sir, noted. Have already replied. Yes this is a generic post about any website creation though some concepts (like idea generation, content creation, website design etc) apply to even blogjob users.

rextrulove

Why not write a series specific to getting started with a blog and blogjob? I’ve helped a number of people get a blog going at BlogJob and it would be handy to have all the steps people need. Once they have created a title and url, so they can get to the dashboard, they can view the video tutorials, but some don’t know how to get to that point and others would rather read about it instead of watching the tutorials.

Just a thought.

@rextrulove Sir,

I am ready for it. But, it shall take time.

@rextrulove Sir, kindly see this. Contains 4 parts. Have added screenshot wherever required. Awaiting your valuable feedback

Creating a blogjob website: finalizing

rextrulove

I have looked it over and commented on two of the articles. In one of those, I pointed out a grammatical error, so if you want to remove my comment after reading it, it won’t offend me. 🙂

Sir,

Also wanted to know whether there is any sequencer pane in wordpress. I mean a pane which links various part in a series telling you the current part, also linking the previous and the next part in the series.

Kindly confirm

rextrulove

There is a plugin in WordPress that will do it, but I don’t know the name of it and it doesn’t seem available to BlogJob blogs. The way you’ve been doing it does work, though. Also, depending on how the blog is set up, a person can also go to the home page and see the last posts, in order from the most recent to older ones, and they can find the articles that way, too.

@rextrulove Sir,

Noted. Replied wherever required. Also the grammar errors corrected. Please check.

@rextrulove Sir,

Please check. I am not focused on only blogjob. I am planning to have another WordPress site. That might help me there. Please find out and let me know. Thanks

deepam
      Participant

weebly and other website creators are there but it does take some skill to create a great site, The discussions here are very useful to us all, thanks

It does not really need skills. It only needs a right direction.

rextrulove

I’ve got it on my to do list, to see if I can find the name of the plugin. They have a huge number of possible plugins to search through. 🙂

@rextrulove
      thanks

Rish
      Participant

@vinaya I believe within very short span, you will become experienced from novice.

Shane
      Participant

I really wish to make my own website, but I don’t know.

ptrk12
      Participant

@mahirish If you want more control on your website, you might need to learn a Programming Language with a scripting language like VB script, Java Script etc, as well as a Database like Oracle, MySql, Sql Server etc.
      Else, you can invest some money in buying a domain name, and keeping a tab on what you put in the website.

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.