How do you find writing sites?

Activity Forums Writing Content How do you find writing sites?

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

cgmom88
      Participant

What are the ways that you find writing sites?

A. E. Rutherford
      Participant

Honestly, I Google search. However my textbook for my Screenwriting Fundamentals class suggested the following organizations and contests:

The Writer’s Guild of America, East or West.
      Nichols Fellowship.
      Final Draft’s Big Break Contest.
      Chesterfield Competition.
      Script Shark’s Annual Screenwriting Competition.
      Diane Thomas Award.

Database of Screenwriting Contests and Competitions:
      http://www.filmmakers.com/contests

mikedee1080

Same as A.E. I Google mostly. But I have a few trusted sites that I mainly work for so I don’t look around too much. I just happened across blogjob and loved the concept.

laurie1979
      Participant

I actually research as much as possible. On top of that, I also ordered a book which the author will email the updates for FREE by purchasing it. You have to show proof though. Amazon have her book. It lists some sites that pay writers.

On top of that, I also use free online resources to find sites and companies that do hire telecommuters/freelancers. I am, as of now, printing out a free ebook of places that we can make money working at home. I can’t wait to see all of it. 🙂

xunzsam
      Participant

LinkedIn is also a good source. Recently I got freelance writing job through LinkedIn. Then we have craigslist. I also got some writing offers through my blog.

laurie1979
      Participant

I do agree that LinkedIn is one of the resources of finding writing jobs. I had a few contacting me about it. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any. Since I also do promotions which involve working outside of the house, I occasionally get them. I prefer online work than promotions because I get to work whenever and wherever I want. If I want to work right now, which I am, I may do so.

I also contact directly by email to places that I’m interested in applying for. I recently signed up for one through Craigslist. I need to find the papers so I could see the guidelines. This particular one pays really good at $700 total for $35 each. That’s one of the agencies though. Another one replied back to me yesterday and I need to finish that one as well.

If you do a lot of Google searches, you’ll get some more. It may take some time but you’ll get something. Don’t give up is how people succeed.

cgmom88
      Participant

Thank you all for the links. I enjoy writing articles on multiple subjects including addictions, self-help, home improvement, parenting, and much more.

geekraider
      Participant

wow, that is a lot of knowledge at one place

vivek190992
      Participant

@xunzsam- Thanks a lot for the info. Could never have found them on my own!

Zacc
      Participant

That list is helpful. I get most of my writing jobs through LinkedIn groups.

ani
      Participant

I signed up on skyword.com its a middle man site that matches you based on your writing experience and sample articles to companies looking for writers, you “audition” by submitting a sample article based on a topic provided by the company and if they like you they’ll let you know. Some companies only pay $5 an article but others like Angie’s List will pay $60 per article. For us fashion and makeup writers though it can be hard to get anything right now through skyword because most of the companies currently looking want business and financial writers.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I typically use google. I’m now mainly writing for this site and bubblews.

Vicky
        Participant

@SadieMarie
        Are you still earning from Bubblews?
        I have quite because no matter how hard I try to earn, the amount in my bank has not change in the past 3 months or so.

Stephanie C
      Participant

When I first started out, I would google different things. Now, I tend to stick to forums and such. Not only will you find some new sites, but you get reviews and help from people who have already written for that site.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I mainly use here, bubblews and personapaper. All the highest paying writing sites that are easy to get approved for.

Wendy Rahilly
      Participant

I write for BlogMutt which pays $8 per article and private clients when I find them. I am also on a few writing sites like Bubblews, DailyTwoCents, Writedge and now this one. 🙂

SadieMarie
      Participant

I need to find additional writing sites. I wish that there was ones that would pay you for quality blog posts on subjects that you could choose.

jessica
      Participant

Do any of you make money from your blogs

Kimberly Brown
        Participant

I do make money but not a ton right now.

Kimberly Brown
      Participant

I find writing sites by searching online. I also hear about them on other sites I use on the web.

SadieMarie
      Participant

I wish that there was more. Bubblews seems to be a dude. I love this site but there are limits. Personapaper isn’t too bad but the pay is rather low.

Nana
      Participant

Through friends most of the time

Vicky
      Participant

I love triond, I have made 44$ within a month.
      You write an article than advertise it as much as you can.

Wendy Rahilly
      Participant

Listverse is so hard to get your list approved. I use Craigslist and forums mostly to find clients.

Grecy Garcia
      Participant

Oh I am inspired to read the site where you are earning good with your article. I am not that good writer. I only write my thoughts, just like I do in Bubblews. I will also use Linkedln from now on.

xunzsam
      Participant

Some of the websites that pay for contributing an article:

Dollar Stretcher
      https://www.stretcher.com/menu/writers.cfm

It pays $0.10 per word for accepted articles.

Metro Parent
      https://www.metroparent.com/Metro-Parent/Write-For-Us/

$35 – 50 for short pieces from 100 – 600 words
      $50 – 75 for 500 – 700 words
      $150 – 350 for features 1000 – 2500 words

List Verse
      https://listverse.com/write-get-paid/

It pays $100 for 1500 words list with 10 items minimum

Blue Mountain
      https://www.sps.com/help/writers_guidelines.html

They pay $300 per poem for publishing on greeting cards and other products and $50 per poem for one-time use.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.