How do I add a widget to my site?

Activity Forums Website Design How do I add a widget to my site?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mikedee1080 3 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

mikedee1080

I would like to add a sharing widget onto my blog here at BlogJob. So that people can Facebook, Reddit, Tweet, etc my posts. I couldn’t find a preexisting one on my dashboard. Do I need to find one myself? I assume it would be a WordPress compatible widget? I guess I could always use the custom HTML widget and add one. Any help would be appreciated.

Admin
    Participant

If you activate the Jetpack plugin you will be able to set up social sharing buttons on your posts and pages. Once you activate the plugin visit Settings > Sharing in the left side menu and you will be able set up the sharing buttons. You can also send your posts to your social networks accounts as well using the Publicize feature. Here’s a video walk through of how to set it up. Let me know if you have any problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq727D1TAQI

popeyedcookie
    Participant

Awesome

Zacc
    Participant

How does one keep content on a website in “unpublished” form so that it can be edited before publishing. I think this is possible and not similar to draft.

aellis51
    Participant

Thank you zacc for posting this question, and thank you, Sheridan, for your thorough explanation including tutorial! I will be optimizing my site with jetpack soon!

mikedee1080

When you’re editing a post you should have the option to save as draft or publish. Look to the right when you’re in edit mode of a post. You should be able to publish, unpublish, draft, etc. there.

Zacc
    Participant

Thank you all. I was able to do what I had requested. It is simpler than I had thought.

henry
    Participant

This is interesting to know at this stage of my experience on Blogjob

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.