Higher Qualify Blog Post

Activity Forums Writing Content Higher Qualify Blog Post

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Jyothi 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

nakitakona13
    Participant

What Kind of Blog Post is Required in BlogJob?

In a statement posted by @Sheridan in the Daily Limit Update under the Forum, News and Updates, the blog post required should be in its HIGHER QUALITY.

How do we define or understand “Higher Quality”? Why should it be in that category? Is it for it would promote the blog post to receive more traffic?

nakitakona13
    Participant

Thanks for this info. I don’t know if others know about these things. It is being emphasized “higher quality” not just a mere high quality. I don’t know if this could be achieved by our fellow BlogJob members here.

rextrulove

@nakitakona13, there can be confusion about what high quality is. This isn’t necessarily what people think it is, but is inline with what Google says that quality is. There are a lot of aspects to this, but here are some of the more important traits of a ‘quality’ article, according to Google:

* Article has high value to English speaking readers
    * Correct spelling, proper grammar and correct punctuation
    * Two or more outbound on-topic links to reputable web pages
    * One or more pictures or graphics that add value to the article
    * Easy to read (EG; paragraphs 3-5 sentences long, with a space between paragraphs)
    * On topic throughout rather than wandering from one topic to another – tightly focused
    * Fact based rather than opinion based (except in the case of Op-Ed sorts of articles)
    * 300-1500 words, with 500-900 being considered to optimum

Not surprisingly, all of these also have a lot to do with high SEO value. In general, if an article has high SEO, Google usually sees it as being a quality piece.

Kyla Matton Osborne
      Participant

That’s a great list of guidelines for creating quality content, Rex. Thanks!

rextrulove

@ruby3881, you are most welcome.

gina145
      Participant

@rextrulove I try to meet as many of those requirements as possible, but sometimes it’s not possible to meet all of them. My bonsai blog is always full of photos and wouldn’t really make sense without them, so I’m okay on that one. However I’ve made it a policy to only use photos I created myself and I can’t find anything appropriate to use for some of my other blogs, particularly when I write about earning opportunities or scam emails I receive. And I’m not aware of suitable outbound links for a lot of the posts I write.

rextrulove

@gina145, not even I do all of these 100% of the time. These are just guidelines and the list is meant to answer the question: What is quality content?

There are also several other things that can increase SEO, which is part of quality according to Google, but I’m hoping that this will at least give people a starting point.

gina145
      Participant

Thanks @rextrulove. Hopefully I’m doing okay then. I still feel like I’ve got a lot to learn about blogging.

rextrulove

LOL @gina145, the time to worry is if you ever get to the point that you feel that you don’t have much to learn about blogging. I’m still learning and I’ve been doing it since before it was called blogging. 😀

gina145
      Participant

@rextrulove I really like that answer. People should never stop learning new things.

Pinay Blogger
    Participant

Don’t forget the proper tags 😊 On the other site, we are allowed to add 1-2 videos, 1-10 images and 10 tags/keywords. I write 1,000 or more words and add wikipedia links most of the time.

rextrulove

I have embedded video occasionally on my BlogJob blogs, too. It is way easy to do. As far as wikipedia, though, that isn’t considered to be a reputable site to link to. The reason is that it is far too easy for another editor to go in and change something that was written there. I’m an editor with wikipedia and I verify how easy it is. In fact, I stopped writing wikipedia articles because I got tired of people changing truthful statements I’d written and making them untruthful. I gave up after repeatedly changing them back.

junebride
    Participant

hmm… how to add SEO on the blog contents?

nakitakona13
    Participant

If you are used to writing quality post, there is no problem. If not, better review those lists of things to do and even master them if possible. You will be writing with confidence and full assurance of having a high quality post for that matter.

Kyla Matton Osborne
    Participant

Thanks for the mention, @barbrad. I like the guidelines you gave of one high quality image per 200 words. Of course, that may mean I need to add more images to my posts!

Jyothi
    Participant

I will pick pics from picsaby or any other free pic from google.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.