high cholesterol, need home remedies

Activity Forums General Discussion high cholesterol, need home remedies

This topic contains 38 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  rextrulove 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Andria Perry
    Participant

I got my test results back and I need to lower my cholesterol, any home remedies? All I know is no meat/ animal products for me.

blueberry
    Participant

A turmeric tea would be a great help. My mom is drinking it as she also have a high blood pressure due to cholesterols.

Anne Farmer
    Participant

My online best friend (and possibly more soon) has that too. The doctor upped his cholesterol meds and told him to try fish oil supplements along with it. The prescript ones cost $219. but with his insurance it was $10. Isn’t that crazy?! I buy them over the counter for around $10. more or less if I can.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Tony was on those prescription strength fish oil pills and 2 cholesterol lowering drugs and after he took them for 6 or 7 months he was stinking! When Summer came around you could not stand to be around him, he thought he was dying and rotting. I figured it out and he stopped taking them, when he went back for cholesterol check it was 178 anyways. He don`t take any meds for cholesterol anymore.

wolfgirl569
      Participant

Dad has been on fish oil for a long time and it does not do that to him. You would just have to try them to find out. Everyone is different.

Anne Farmer
      Participant

Really?? I didn’t know that fish oil caplets could do that. I only took them for about two weeks and no one said anything about me stinking. I guess it has to have to leech into one’s system more unless some people are more vulnerable to that than others. I hope my friend doesn’t start to stink that bad. haha

rextrulove

I have the impression that I’m going to be writing an article soon about plants that help lower ldl cholesterol. 😀 I don’t know when I’ll have the chance, but I will write something.

peachpurple
    Participant

how about drink green tea?

Andria Perry
      Participant

I do but not much lately, thanks for the reminder I will make sure to have a couple cups a day.

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

you could boil a ginger and drink it @andriaperry same as turmeric powder. Also try to eat garlic, my father fry the garlic and I put it on my meal and I drink boiled ginger tea.

rextrulove

@grecy095, good advice on the garlic, though cooking destroys a lot of the oils that are responsible for lowering cholesterol. For full impact, the garlic should be eaten raw. One clove a day should have noticeable results within one to two weeks.

rextrulove

By the way, @andriaperry, if you worry about having garlic breath, after consuming the raw garlic, eat some raw parsley. Parsley is well known for cancelling the smell of garlic on a person’s breath. That is why Lowry and a few other seasoning companies sell garlic powder with parsley flakes in it. 🙂

Andria Perry
      Participant

This is good to know so I wont be labeled trash dump mouth 🙂 I am growing both right now 🙂

Andria Perry
      Participant

I am thinking about preserving ginger, I am growing it now 🙂 I eat garlic, a lot of garlic 🙂

wolfgirl569
    Participant

Seems my answers were already given lol The green tea and onions. The tea is good with honey in it wich is one of the best all around foods you can eat.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I am going to have to learn to love the taste of honey in my drinks, that is hard for me. Green tea for me after dinner instead of coffee, wait that’s a lie, I will have both 🙂

rextrulove

The sugar doesn’t need to be difficult, @andriaperry. Just use Stevia in the Raw. It can be used in the same proportions as sugar and it is good for cholesterol, weight loss and diabetics.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Ok, okay I will, I promise and if its nasty I will tell you about it 🙂 @rextrulove

junebride
    Participant

you can make green malungggay smoothie…

Andria Perry
      Participant

I do not know this one, could you explain what`s in this smoothie?

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

@rextrulove you are right, it should be raw. I should eat it raw. I love garlic though I don’t have the guts to eat it raw, i love it fried. I am trying when I put the raw squeeze garlic in the vinegar

Andria Perry
      Participant

I would only eat this raw over tomatoes and cucumbers, or make a salad. Make a dressing mixed in with vinegar, olive oil and salt.

rextrulove

It takes a little getting use to, eating garlic raw, @grecy095. It isn’t hard to do when fresh veggies start growing everywhere, though. If a person has a juicer and runs a tomato, a cucumber, a couple stalks of celery, three or four carrots and a couple of cloves of garlic through the juicer, they can just drink the juice that is produced and the garlic isn’t overpowering. The juice tastes good, it is extremely healthy and it is a great way to take the raw garlic.

That might be one way for you to do it, @andriaperry.

Andria Perry
      Participant

Homemade V-8 juice. I can deal with that when I am at work or I don’t have much time. Thanks for this suggestion.

rextrulove

The best part about it is that you can add what you have on hand and the ingredients are all good for you. They even replace the electrolytes when you are out working up a sweat. I really love the stuff when it is chilled and the day is hot.

realityspeaks
    Participant

A combination of fruits and veggies are good for cholesterol. My mother has had cholesterol for few years now…since she’s included Bitter gourd in her diet, she hasn’t had cholesterol issues.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I don’t think the USA has bitter gourd, but I will look into this. I am one who loves fruits and vegetables 🙂

Grecy Garcia
    Participant

Me too, I love vegetables and fruits. Budget is what avoiding me for having fruits everyday though. i love vegetables and i am eating this even when I was still young.

Andria Perry
      Participant

I have been cutting out other foods and JUST buying fruits and veggies.

rextrulove

I don’t know about there, but asparagus is coming up here and it is being sold in the store. That would be good for you. 😀

Andria Perry
    Participant

I love bananas! I most certain could do that.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.