Have you heard about the new Harry Potter book?

Activity Forums General Discussion Have you heard about the new Harry Potter book?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

dawnwriter
      Participant

I recently heard that a new Harry Potter book called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will be published soon. I did not know JK Rowling was still writing books on Harry Potter. I wonder if the magic will still be there?

Anne Farmer
      Participant

I have not heard of it but then again I don’t really like Harry Potter stuff a whole lot.

peachpurple
      Participant

i thought that she had stopped writing after the last one, isn’t it?

gina145
        Participant

At the time she said it would be the last one, and she started writing other books under a pseudonym.

The new “book” is actually a copy of the script of the stage play “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child” which was written by Jack Thorne in collaboration with J.K. Rowling.

I’ve never been a Harry Potter fan despite all the fuss about how wonderful the books were. I saw the first movie and was never interested in following Harry Potter’s life any further.

dawnwriter
        Participant

@jkct01 @gina145 @anne123farmer Awww…you people have broken my heart 🙁 🙁

I am a very big Harry Potter fan , not the movies but the books.

I think there are lots of lessons in it regarding courage, truth, friendship and sacrifice if you go beneath all the magical stuff. Also the characters of Luna, Dobby and Snape are exceptional.

gina145
        Participant

@dawnwriter The reason I’ve never tried reading the books is because I spend so much time online that I don’t find a lot of time to read ANY books. I’ve got piles of books waiting to be read, and I’m determined to get down to reading some of them, but Harry Potter will have to wait.

jkct01
      Participant

Although I have not read any, I am happy for the HP fans.

Nana
      Participant

I have not but my granddaughter has of course

Danny
      Participant

no, not yet, anyway i’m not interested with potter books…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.